Shot Scope X5 Adds Hole Maps

I'm going to update my watch right now ;) I received the email from Shot Scope this morning

Great update. I know a lot of people have been begging for this.

Wow, thats incredible.

Really looking forward to seeing how this works when I can finally get on the course! Need to redo all my tag names to start some new averages.

Can't wait to get my hands on a watch now.

Best day of 2024! Been waiting for this awesome update.

I'm hoping that when they say the firmware update will roll out on Monday, that, with the time difference, it will be available before I have to leave the house for my round on Monday at 6:10 AM CST. 🤞

That is an amazing addition!

oh yeah. looking forward to seeing this update in action

I feel myself getting sick… don’t think I’ll be able to make it to work on Monday…

Fantastic addition.

This is an awesome update and so cool ShotScope continues to improve the product without subscription fees

I'm wondering. As part of their evaluation of this added feature, did they look at the effect it might have on battery life? I know a lot of people already complain about battery life that doesn't come close to enabling two rounds to be tracked. Will this have a further impact on it? My rounds are short enough at less than 2 1/2 hours that I always have over 60% battery life left, so even if it does, it won't affect me as I only play 18 per day and always recharge the watch between rounds.

Looking forward to trying this new feature! Very cool

Super nice feature. If I was on the fence, this would be the thing that pushed me over the edge.

This is a fantastic feature add. I’m still using the V3, but have to pull out my phone to use an app like grint for hole layout and distances. Might be time to upgrade now that it’s got everything I probably need.

Awesome update

I did the firmware update at about 4:40 AM my time, and it went smoothly, though taking several minutes. No issues. We'll see how it per forms on the course and I will try to use some of the new features, which I doubt I'll use much in the future due to my familiarity with the course. You will want to go into settings as there are some new ones. You can choose the color of the hole map, white, black or green (we'll find out if that can be changed once in "play" mode). There is a "P-AVG Distance" setting you have to enable, and another that says "P-AVG Values". You also have to go into your Bluetooth settings after doing the firmware update and "Forget this device", then pair it again through the app. "The P-AVG Values" will only show after you pair the watch again. You should have an email from Shot scope they sent with detailed instructions.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to get this downloaded.

I did the firmware update at about 4:40 AM my time, and it went smoothly, though taking several minutes. No issues. We'll see how it per forms on the course and I will try to use some of the new features, which I doubt I'll use much in the future due to my familiarity with the course. You will want to go into settings as there are some new ones. You can choose the color of the hole map, white, black or green (we'll find out if that can be changed once in "play" mode). There is a "P-AVG Distance" setting you have to enable, and another that says "P-AVG Values". You also have to go into your Bluetooth settings after doing the firmware update and "Forget this device", then pair it again through the app. "The P-AVG Values" will only show after you pair the watch again. You should have an email from Shot scope they sent with detailed instructions.
Got it updated and my settings enabled. Curious how this is going to change things on the course!

Got it updated and my settings enabled. Curious how this is going to change things on the course!
Did you pair the watch again? If so, the P-AVG distances should show on the watch for your three longest clubs.

Really curious about this on the course. After looking at their detailed instructions on how to use the feature on their website, the whole hole view is the 1st screen showing when you swipe right to left. I am not sure if this will take the place of distances to and over hazards and the distances to layups and doglegs screens. Not clear if those distances will now only be shown on the hole view.

Who is getting out mid-week to give this a run?

You also have to go into your Bluetooth settings after doing the firmware update and "Forget this device", then pair it again through the app.

Only if you have an iPhone. Android doesn't require this step per the instructions.

For iOS users – there is an additional step.

You will need to repair your X5 with the Shot Scope app. Please follow these steps:

• Update your firmware to 2.1.84 following the steps outlined above.
  • Once updated, go to your phone settings
  • Select Bluetooth
  • Tap the i beside your Shot Scope X5
  • Select ‘Forget This Device’
  • Confirm ‘Forget This Device’
  • Switch your X5 off and back on again
  • Go back to the Shot Scope App
  • Connect your X5 and enter the pairing code

Updating Firmware now!!!

Back