?

• Skiing

Votes: 43 46.7%
  • Snowboarding

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Whiskey

Votes: 19 20.7%

• Total voters
Skiing as I was an avid skier before snowboarding was a sport. I snowboarded back in 1980 and 1981 but back then they didn’t have the elaborate park set ups and I got bored with it. Skiing was my sport growing up and I averaged more than 100 days per season starting when I was age 6 or 7 all the way through high school. As an adult it dropped off to about 45-65 days most years until we left California four years ago. The skiing near me in Minneapolis is a bit boring with the small hills. I really need to get back to doing a couple weeks out west each winter. This year it will be only 5 days of skiing in Tahoe but at least they are getting pounded with snow.

It depends… 😬

On if you like spending half your day sitting in the snow 🤣

Who I’m going with and what kind of stupid things I’m planning to do. I’m not a very good snowboarder and I’m even worse at skiing.

Everyone looks at me like I have 3 heads. But I have grown up in an area with some of the best skiing in the world and I have never done it.

Snowboarding. It's all I've ever done

Skiing for me; just don’t ask my kids.

Skiing here. Snowboarding is terrifying

Skiing for me, never tried snowboarding. guess I might be ok, I use to skateboard a lot as a kid. As soon as I'm ready I will try to get back on a bunny slope to start. Haven't skied in 25 years....lol

Always skied, never snowboarded. Haven't in years though

Snowboarding is my favorite thing in the world to do by far, have never skied. Usually about 75 days a year between resorts, splitboarding, and pow surfing. I hear you love skiing @baylrballa !

On if you like spending half your day sitting in the snow 🤣

Those are the people that don't actually know how to snowboard. Why would you want a cold/wet ass all day? Sadly, my son is a ripper, but refuses to strap in standing up, it's kind of embarrassing! :ROFLMAO:

Funny, I play golf righty, but do most other things backwards, including skating and snowboarding goofy.

1673398325139.png
1673398418207.png

but refuses to strap in standing up
Same. I’d rather sit and do it quickly instead of look silly struggling to do it standing up :LOL:

skiing for me. I’m fearful of what I would do on a snowboard.

Funny, I play golf righty, but do most other things backwards, including skating and snowboarding goofy.
I longboard (poorly) goofy. Sometimes I confuse myself

Realizing the absurd number of snowboarding photos I've got in my google photos.

This is by far the scariest thing I've ever ridden. Couloir in the Bridgers called The Great One near Sacajawea Peak which is the highest peak in the range. Straight down and pretty damn narrow. This is in July. My wife got caught in a nasty thunderstorm hiking down that came out of nowhere. I was right in the middle of a giant scree field, which I thought sucked until she told me about her hike down!

1673399617220.png

Neither!! I enjoy living :D

I have skied maybe twice in my life but have been snowboarding since I was like 13. Took some time off in college and after only going once maybe twice a year. Got back into snowboarding in the last 3 years and loving it. Been out almost every weekend since December, while it is hard on my crappy knees I still get out. When to Breck the last few years and hoping to get out west in February again this year.

I do both. I prefer to ski I actually haven’t snowboarded in about 19 years. I live in New England where it is usually pretty icy. Snowboarding on ice isn’t that much fun.

Back