Softies!!! Srixon Soft Feel or Callaway Supersoft? Or are there others I am overlooking? Thank you very much!

jackod

Reaction score
I am going soft!!! Srixon Soft Feel or Callaway Supersoft? Or are there others I am overlooking? Thank you very much!

What are you looking for out of the ball? Just a soft feel? Or is it a similar pricepoint or performance you are looking for?

Of the two listed, I would go SuperSoft

Don’t sleep on ChromeSoft, but they are a bit more expensive

Of those 2 I’d go for the SuperSoft.

I also like ChromeSofts amd Q-Star tours. Both solid balls that feel softer.

I would try the Wilson Duo Optix - I used to be a SuperSoft user but tried this and haven't gone back...

Next to try will the the Wilson Duo Professional.

A

Bridgestone e12 contact are pretty soft to me.

Super soft are great balls. Of all the non-tour balls, they were my favourite combination of feel, distance, and green side manner.

Maxfli Softfli is my favorite and is the ball I decided to play exclusively going forward.

Srixon Soft Feel is a great ball. I prefer it to the Callaway, however the Callaway is the best ball around the green that I have ever tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of those two listed, the Soft Feel has always been a better performer for me. Lots of other good recs here too - Softfli is an insane value, Duo is great, and QST is one of my favorite urethane balls.

ERC Soft as well, but Wilson 50 Elite and Duo Soft are great as well.

But out of those 2 its the Callaway.

If I was going to choose one of the two you listed it would be the Srixon SoftFeel. Good all around ball at a great price.

I like them both, honestly.

There's a little bit of difference in feel between them. Soft Feel is like a 60 compression with a firm cover, and still kind of tries to feel like a golf ball. The Supersoft is a 40 compression and feels like a marshmallow. See which one feels better off your putter.

Maxfli Softfli is my favorite and is the ball I decided to play exclusively going forward.
Softfli is very comparable to the Cally Supersoft..35 compression for Softfli, 38 for SS.. Both have matte colors, if you like that. Softfli came out with a brite yellow...

I like them both, honestly.

There's a little bit of difference in feel between them. Soft Feel is like a 60 compression with a firm cover, and still kind of tries to feel like a golf ball. The Supersoft is a 40 compression and feels like a marshmallow. See which one feels better off your putter.
If you swing over 90mph, I would not play the SS...

Softfli is very comparable to the Cally Supersoft..35 compression for Softfli, 38 for SS.. Both have matte colors, if you like that. Softfli came out with a brite yellow...
Supersoft would be my second choice, excellent ball. For some reason I just compress the Softfli the best, could be in my head. I just started an Amazon subscription for orange ones. Pink ones as the backup as I can see those easily.

Last edited:
Of those, supersoft. Otherwise I'm a big fan of wilson duo optix.

IMO, the Wilson Staff's are the softest. Srixy in the 2 Hole, Cally & Titl are tied for my 3rd choice.

OnCore Avant55 has been my #1 this summer, but Srixon Soft Feel has been 1a.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the Titleist Trufeel.

It took me a couple of “tryout” attempts... but, the SuperSoft eventually won me over. Compared to a higher compression ball the SS felt like I was losing distance... but, not really. The feel off the irons is just butter.... and I have been super pleased with it’s durability. I could play the Soft Feel and possibly the Duo Soft... but, learning how the SS performs has me leaning it’s way.

Noodles is very popular around here, judging from the number of them I find.

Soft Feel for me in yellow, a great value and a little firmer than the SuperSoft which I prefer. But, I think you will find more SS fans over the SF. Spend more money for Q Star Tour for a softer urethane ball.

Back