Someonescoat Journey to Single Handicap

playing mint valley tomorrow 9:20 am, believe there is a slot open if you want to play...I was the third to sign up for the time slot

playing mint valley tomorrow 9:20 am, believe there is a slot open if you want to play...I was the third to sign up for the time slot
Oh man! I'd love to but currently fighting (more so recovering) from COVID. Play well though. Don't lay up on 7 haha

Oh man! I'd love to but currently fighting (more so recovering) from COVID. Play well though. Don't lay up on 7 haha

I always take a 6i off tee on that, overdrive the corner, moan about not taking a 7i off the tee, blast a 3w with a draw and am putting for eagle...it is 9 and 11 I lay up on that make me really sad. Last time there, we were playing blue and I took 3w to take the water out of play, went right to work nutting my drive...into the drink. because of course. That course...minimum 2 par 5s I take less than driver. Someone needs to burn that track down, except it is soooo cheap...

I always take a 6i off tee on that, overdrive the corner, moan about not taking a 7i off the tee, blast a 3w with a draw and am putting for eagle...it is 9 and 11 I lay up on that make me really sad. Last time there, we were playing blue and I took 3w to take the water out of play, went right to work nutting my drive...into the drink. because of course. That course...minimum 2 par 5s I take less than driver. Someone needs to burn that track down, except it is soooo cheap...
Ita so cheap and better kept than many tracks I've played around pdx. It has a special place in my heart. Especially with those back to back par 3s on the front for no good reason haha

Ita so cheap and better kept than many tracks I've played around pdx. It has a special place in my heart. Especially with those back to back par 3s on the front for no good reason haha

they had the boxes moved up so far on 7 that I did something I have never done before...took driver off the tee. Bent it around the corner beautifully...and just about clocked a guy I thought was on the green. Duly missed the eagle putt by about 6' but the birdie still dropped. Jonathan loves it for the cost. we had long talk about the merits of it versus three rivers lol

Long overdue update! Had to pack and drive to SoCal for a month. Not much golf in that time. I'm now here and have played two rounds. The first one is after not hitting a ball for 2 weeks, and the course was aerating their greens which made putting pretty tough. Not a good score at all and my brother played worse than I had ever seen him play as well hahaScreenshot_20221004_164047.jpg

But then got to play today! I did play up a set of tees but the course was horrid. Not much grass to be hitting off of. Hard packed bunkers and aerating greens. And yet I may have played better than ever! Haha. Golf if a wild game. If I could cut out the duff chips, I wouldve shot an 80 or less! Pretty crazy. Also hit my best driver shot ever. Just 290 straight middle of the fairway on 18. Fantastic way to end. Most pars I've ever had and almost avoided any DB and 3 putts. No birdies though 😭Screenshot_20221004_143803.jpg

Last edited:
Long overdue update! Had to pack and druve to SoCal for a month. Not much golf in that time. I'm now here and have played two rounds. The first one is after not hittinf a bsll for 2 weeks, and the course was aerating their greens which made putting pretty tough. Not a good score at all and my brother played worse than I had ever seen him play as well hahaView attachment 9125093

But then got to play today! I did play up a set of tees but the course was horrid. Not much grass to be hitting off of. Hard packed bunkers and aerating greens. And yet I may have played better than ever! Haha. Golf if a wild game. If I coukd cut out the duff chips, I wouldve shot and 80 or less! Pretty crazy. Also hit my best driver shot ever. Just 290 straight middle of the fairway on 18. Fantastic way to end. Most pars I've ever had and almost avoided any DB and 3 putts. No birdies though 😭View attachment 9125094
Dang. Funny how golf works sometimes!
10 stroke difference differential (y)(y)(y)
Enjoy the SoCal Weather!

Heading out to what may be my favorite course I've played yet, Oak Quarry. Hoping to do well today!

Had a decent round. Tee shots still wonky. Approach not good at all. But my chipping at putting were the best I've ever had.

26 putts!!! Made 1 30 footer, 1 20 footer, 1 really nice sidewinding 15 footer and on from about 50 feet off the green.

Fun comparison below of my scorecard when I played there in February and today's scorecard.
Screenshot_20221019-151350_TheGrint.jpg

Screenshot_20221019-151433_TheGrint.jpg

I'm ready to go out again!

Had a decent round. Tee shots still wonky. Approach not good at all. But my chipping at putting were the best I've ever had.

26 putts!!! Made 1 30 footer, 1 20 footer, 1 really nice sidewinding 15 footer and on from about 50 feet off the green.

Fun comparison below of my scorecard when I played there in February and today's scorecard.
View attachment 9129545

View attachment 9129544

Well done!

Some pics from the course today too!

20221019_150154.jpg20221019_114234.jpg20221019_114231.jpg20221019_141522.jpg

View attachment 9129545

View attachment 9129544

curious, how is 57% fairway wonky? Love seeing the progress!

curious, how is 57% fairway wonky? Love seeing the progress!
Haha yea I noticed that! But just not clean contact. I really am coming to terms with my 3 iron being my beat option off the tee from a consistency standpoint.

Great course and can’t remember me having 26 putts ever.

Great round and you can definitely get to single digits. Just keep playing

View attachment 9129545

View attachment 9129544

Nice round

Good stuff. Keep up the great work. That course looks really neat in the hills like that.

Great course and can’t remember me having 26 putts ever.

Great round and you can definitely get to single digits. Just keep playing
You've played it? I love it.

Definitely my best putting round by quite a bit. I think 30 was my previous best.

Good stuff. Keep up the great work. That course looks really neat in the hills like that.
Thanks. Wish the pictures did it justice. It's hard to tell from the pictures how massive the granite rock faces are.

View attachment 9129545

View attachment 9129544

Incredible putting round! Keep it up!

26 putts is impressive man! Keep up the good work! You are on your way to your goal for sure.

Last round of my sabbatical in SoCal. And it was a doozy!

Had my best 9 ever. Left some veey makeable birdie pitts out there too! But man, felt good! Also, par 3 Island green might be the most beautiful hole I've played yet! Not to mention I stuck it to 7 ft.

Screenshot_20221101-193118_TheGrint.jpg

20221030_162702.jpg

Last edited:
Back