South Carolina THPers

Thanks dude! I'll definitely give them a ring then. Do you know how early they take tee times and if they make you prepay? I know when I want to play, but as always it's weather pending so it would kinda suck to lay the cash down up front.

since you’re going to be a guest, I believe you can make a tee time whenever you want. They’ll probably ask for a credit card but shouldnt charge it until you check in.

ya weather in may can be iffy but mainly beautiful on the island. Links course is awesome and you’re going to love it.

since you’re going to be a guest, I believe you can make a tee time whenever you want. They’ll probably ask for a credit card but shouldnt charge it until you check in.

ya weather in may can be iffy but mainly beautiful on the island. Links course is awesome and you’re going to love it.

Sweet thanks dude! Is the Harbor worth the play also?

Sweet thanks dude! Is the Harbor worth the play also?

I personally enjoy it yes. It is tighter and more penal around the greens but it is fun IMO.

other courses in the area to play if you want/it fits in the budget would be rivertowne and Charleston national. Close by and fun layouts.

I have solo tee times at Wild Dunes on Tuesday May 25 at the Links and Thursday May 27 at the Harbor, both at 8:20am. If anyone in the area is free and interested in joining me, let me know, I'd love to not get paired up with total randos.

I personally enjoy it yes. It is tighter and more penal around the greens but it is fun IMO.

other courses in the area to play if you want/it fits in the budget would be rivertowne and Charleston national. Close by and fun layouts.
I lived on Charleston National and used to play it a ton it was amazing.

I lived on Charleston National and used to play it a ton it was amazing.

A fun but testing track for sure. two nines are basically different courses.

Ill be down in Charleston the week of the 12th in July. Im trying very hard to get my wife to let me take my clubs lol.

I'm regularly down in Greenville for work and will be there the Thursday-Friday before the Dream Foursome in November. We should get a Friday morning round in or try to fit it what we can after 3pm on that Thursday.

I'm pretty sure I saw you and @PackersGirl in the parking lot of the Solstice event but we never actually met. I was running late but still feel bad I didn't check before you played with @billyh

Hey yyyyyyy. I’m going to be in Charleston playing with a buddy from Florida that I’ve not seen in at least 10 years. I could stay an extra day.

looking at arriving 26 October then 3 days of golf. Then back home.

so anyone open, and what courses should i look at other than kiawah/seabrook? Those i know.

I'm regularly down in Greenville for work and will be there the Thursday-Friday before the Dream Foursome in November. We should get a Friday morning round in or try to fit it what we can after 3pm on that Thursday.

I'm pretty sure I saw you and @PackersGirl in the parking lot of the Solstice event but we never actually met. I was running late but still feel bad I didn't check before you played with @billyh
That may work!

We have a little getaway that week in TN, but we will actually be coming back that Thursday afternoon.

Let's try to do that

Hey yyyyyyy. I’m going to be in Charleston playing with a buddy from Florida that I’ve not seen in at least 10 years. I could stay an extra day.

looking at arriving 26 October then 3 days of golf. Then back home.

so anyone open, and what courses should i look at other than kiawah/seabrook? Those i know.
Man, that sounds like a blast. I've been here almost 6 years and still haven't made it down to there yet. I don't know anything about the courses down there :(

That may work!

We have a little getaway that week in TN, but we will actually be coming back that Thursday afternoon.

Let's try to do that

We have 3 weeks so we can figure it out.

Next time you come for hot chicken…

That gives me an excuse to get hot chicken!
Need to set that up

I'm coming to Georgia through the Carolinas later this month. I guess by buddy has a membership at Old Barnwell and we will be playing there a couple of days.

Last edited:
I'm coming to the Georgia through the Carolinas later this month. I guess by buddy has a membership at Old Barnwell and we will be playing there a couple of days.
That’s a good buddy to have!

I'm coming to the Georgia through the Carolinas later this month. I guess by buddy has a membership at Old Barnwell and we will be playing there a couple of days.
He sounds like a good friend to have

What do you guys know about the course? I looked online and there's not a lot of info

What do you guys know about the course? I looked online and there's not a lot of info
It’s firm and fast and there’s not a forced carry on the course. WIDE fairways and the greens generally run off on all sides and the back 9 is built for a fun match due to a reachable 5 and 4 and back to back 5s on 15 and 16.

Interested in anything in particular?

It’s firm and fast and there’s not a forced carry on the course. WIDE fairways and the greens generally run off on all sides and the back 9 is built for a fun match due to a reachable 5 and 4 and back to back 5s on 15 and 16.

Interested in anything in particular?
Thanks. Sounds pretty accommodating for someone who’s going to hack it around a good bit.

Thought I’d pop back in to say a few words about Old Barnwell.

For those who have been to Bandon, OB plays a lot like Old Mac. Very expansive feel. Generous fairways but it’s not actually as wide open as it looks because preferred lines really make a difference on approach shots. If you stay in proper position the course can play not too horribly hard but the course’s teeth come out when you get out of position. Green complexes are often hard. It really is helpful to play with someone that can tell you the lines. Use your putter from the fringe / first cut, not your wedge. Basically, it’s a links course in the Carolina pines.

They are working on the clubhouse, lodge and a children’s course. A 2nd 18 is coming. It is reportedly going to be very different from OB.

Back