I agree 100%.
We in the USA have definitely pulled a fast-180 when it comes to language, and I think it is OUR sensibilities and language that have come unhinged.

My $.02.

No they just don't get worked up over the smallest things like Americans seem to now.

I don't think it's something that needs to be addressed. Personally, it doesn't bother me on those rare occasions it happens. Like others have said, some of these guys are gonna be frustrated and I don't have an issue with that coming out every now and then.

I can live with the F-bombs & the like, I spend most of day talking to old Navy guys so I'm used to it. I don't care too much for tearing up a course though.

Who gets offended by language anymore?

You really can't see it? Is the English language in that much of a decline Down Under? :violin:

I was under the impression that using "g-- d-----" was giving reverence of authority to God. Meaning that you are so upset with the situation you wish that God would condemn it to eternal damnation.

I think coarse language is part of our society. Spanish speakers know that Sergio is the worst offender out there. I'd take profanity over destruction or tossing clubs, those players should be punished.

I was under the impression that using "g-- d-----" was giving reverence of authority to God. Meaning that you are so upset with the situation you wish that God would condemn it to eternal damnation.

I think coarse language is part of our society. Spanish speakers know that Sergio is the worst offender out there. I'd take profanity over destruction or tossing clubs, those players should be punished.

If you believe in it, it's breaking one of the 10 commandments, taking the name of the Lord in vain. If not, it's still a lazy way out, limiting the necessity of learning to properly use the English language. There are many forms of invective which are not considered to be cursing and are accepted in mixed society.

The words that are censored any longer like &itch and arse, tells me that we either take a stand or they will become common place. They say the two previous on TV. There was a time no curse words were allowed. As sensitive as our society is becoming I'm for the USGA and R&A taking this matter to task.

Back