Srixon US Open Contest [Spoilers]

Congrats Dubbledxu! Hope the driver treats you very well. Great picks.

I feel defrauded and cheated, as if everything i ever thought and believed about the us open and the usga's set up and ideology was a lie.

Well it's easier to follow a leader for sure. If Rory hadn't been coming in 5 under I doubt we would have seen many others in that range. They did their best, sometimes things don't grow as fast as we'd like. With moderate weather it is a little easier, but the past couple years have been hard to manage. I understand the disappointment though, as I felt Whistling Straights last year was a joke. This was just on the other side of the coin.

Congratulations on your pics dubbledxu.

Nicely done, Dubble. Enjoy that new driver!!!

Wow good job

I now tap while I talk

Well it's easier to follow a leader for sure. If Rory hadn't been coming in 5 under I doubt we would have seen many others in that range. They did their best, sometimes things don't grow as fast as we'd like. With moderate weather it is a little easier, but the past couple years have been hard to manage. I understand the disappointment though, as I felt Whistling Straights last year was a joke. This was just on the other side of the coin.

Congratulations on your pics dubbledxu.

I think the usga wanted a shootout. Yeah there's nothing they can do about the rain, but there were some things they did and said this week that, i thought, made it seem like they wanted an augusta-like shootout. Azinger and Tirico were talking with Mike Davis on friday and davis said they were going to cut the rough that night, which azinger was completely shocked by. Davis said on saturday they were putting the tees and pins in locations where guys could have a go at birdies and eagles.

I think, with the fear of losing viewers in the absence of you know who, and coming off the highly successful masters shootout this year, when it rained and the course got soft the usga saw an opportunity to try and create their own version of a shootout (in hopes of attracting viewers, i'd assume) at the open this week.

It's been said by a few that the drying systems under the greens can dry them out and make them faster, but the soil was still soaked so they were still going to be very receptive. the only defense the usga could have had was to put the pins in impossible positions on ridges and let the rough grow out as much as possible, the usga did the opposite. they cut the rough going into the weekend, and, especially on sunday, they put the pins in these bowls on the green so good shots would funnel back towards the hole for more birdies (they made light of this on numerous occasions on the telecast).

I can understand their thinking, obviously i've been outspoken this week against it, but I get where they're coming from. For me though, I can see birdiefests and shootouts on any given week on the pga or euro tour, i like my us open to be the one time of year where these guys struggle to make pars, so I feel cheated because I didn't get to see "my" us open, i got the traveler's championship a week early and a few states south.

Very well said cj3ap2 and I agree with you 10000000%!

(they made light of this on numerous occasions on the telecast)
Good, I didn't hear them talk about that, I had volume down a lot of the time, but it seemed like dart throwing contest to me. Everyone was saying how hard they set it up and the greens drying systems so I figured these guys had some special stuff. It actually looked like Seattle golf where we just throw it right at the pin. I was very surprised about the mowing of the rough you mentioned. Yeah, maybe too much manipulation going on to satisfy ratings or whatever. Isn't it odd they would change the groove rule to make it harder to stick it from the rough then at the last minute cut it to make it so they could.

Great pics there and a great prize. Nice job!

Co.gratis, great pics and great contest.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Congrats on the win Dubbledxu! I had Rory and Grame but my other 2 fizzled. Enjoy the driver.

Congrats Dubbledxu!!!

I had Bubba instead of Westwood, our team was the same otherwise!! And I had Westwood picked, and changed it just before hitting "send"
Great squad! Enjoy the Driver!!

Nice job Dub! Congrats and enjoy!!!

How about this? I'd say that the below is probably a true statement. Ogilvie should be sitting on top of a mountain, next to "The Lama", spouting out wisdom to those willing to make the climb.

Quick 18

17. Tweet of the week comes from Joe Ogilvie, who basically retweeted himself: @ogilviej: I repeat my Masters statement, If Rory wins he will be first major winner since 1997 (Tiger) to believe he is the best player in the world.

Congrats on the win there Dubbledxu!! enjoy that sweet new driver.

Back