Starting to lose my shot ****, cabin fever and weeks or more to go.

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
So tell me some movies or shows you liked and why. My wife is resuming her work and I’ll not be out of the house much for at least another week to 3-4 weeks.

Only request is these are on max, peacock, Amazon, Netflix and if not something we’ll known (example Godfather, goodfellas) what the story/movie is about.

Time is all i got.

Thanks!

Freaks and Geeks if you have not seen it?

There's a new Zorro series on Amazon Prime. I have been a Zorro fan since the original TV show that was on Disney. The new series is 10 episodes and all are available.

There's a new Zorro series on Amazon Prime. I have been a Zorro fan since the original TV show that was on Disney. The new series is 10 episodes and all are available.
Zorro! Wow loved that stuff when i was young. I’ll have to look at it too. Thanks

Should have mentioned ideally stuff that my wife might not be interested in. So today I’m finally watching American sniper.

Thanks don’t recall seeing it will look into it
Bro.......your gonna love it. Especially if you grew up in the mid 80's. Fun seeing this cast as most of them are middling stars, to major stars. I think its a total of 19 to 20 episodes.

Zorro! Wow loved that stuff when i was young. I’ll have to look at it too. Thanks
I thought it was very good and very entertaining,

Have you watched Boardwalk Empire? (MAX)
LilyHammer? (Netflix)

Have you watched Boardwalk Empire? (MAX)
LilyHammer? (Netflix)
Saw these when they aired. Want Lillehammer great??

As was Boardwalk empire.

Here's some that I like on each service

Amazon- Reacher, Jack Ryan, Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power, and Red Oaks- Funny show about a young kid working as an assistant tennis pro at a Country Club in the 80's.

Netflix: Stanger Things, Outlander, Altered Carbon, Lincoln Lawyer, Umbrella Academy, The Witcher

Max- Game of Thrones, House of Dragons, The Last of Us, Succession, Entourage

Shoot you mentioned The Gofather\Goodfelleas. If you had Paramount + would tell you to watch The Offer it’s about the making of the Godfather. It is fantastic. On Max I’m currently watching Six Feet Under and it has been really good so far. I’d also second Boardwalk Empire.

So tell me some movies or shows you liked and why. My wife is resuming her work and I’ll not be out of the house much for at least another week to 3-4 weeks.

Only request is these are on max, peacock, Amazon, Netflix and if not something we’ll known (example Godfather, goodfellas) what the story/movie is about.

Time is all i got.

Thanks!
Justified series, Now on Hulu. several years old but the casting is fantastic. If you're from the South and like good versus bad characters. Except one the main bad guy is very likeable and his vocabulary is outstanding. Boyd Crowder. (played by Walter Goggins) Several seasons.

Continued luck with the rehab.. It will get easier

The Wire if you haven't already watched it on Max. Was an awesome series. If my wife wasn't part of my viewing I'd probably start with the HBO series backlogs. So many good shows over the years. The first season of True Detective also comes to mind. We're watching Night Country now, which has been better than seasons 2 & 3.

I was going to recommend The League but see that it's on Hulu.

On Max I could watch these shows over and over again.

Sopranos
The Wire
Eastbound and Down
Big Love
Chernobyl
The Pacific

If it’s guy time:
Netflix new WW2 series is pretty good.
No Country For sold Men movie

And if you have paramount : watch Jericho. Only 2 seasons. I’m in the middle of my seemingly 15th rewatch.
Small town, Nuclear blasts and how they handle it.

Justified series, Now on Hulu. several years old but the casting is fantastic. If you're from the South and like good versus bad characters. Except one the main bad guy is very likeable and his vocabulary is outstanding. Boyd Crowder. (played by Walter Goggins) Several seasons.

Continued luck with the rehab.. It will get easier
My wife and i binged it and the new one earlier i this winter. It was great.

Amazon - Our Man in: Japan, Italy & India (James May from Top Gear), The Boys, The Wheel of Time, Good Omens, Night Sky, The Man in the High Castle, Patriot, Homecoming, Goliath, Carnival Row, Britannia, Sneaky Pete, Tin Star, The Night Manager, Hanna, Hunters, Catastrophe, The Outlaws

Netflix: Griselda, Chef's Table, The Night Agent, Godless, The Queens Gambit, Drive to Survive, The Diplomat, Ozark, House of Cards, Dead to Me, Bloodline, The Last Dance, The OA, The Sinner

Just some, apologies for any repeats

My wife and i binged it and the new one earlier i this winter. It was great.
Netflix has Wentworth, one of our top 2-3 series ever. Women’s prison in Australia. Intense and never knew what was happening next

Apple TV - Blackbird. Only 6 episodes, but Wow!!!

Unless it's sports, I hardly watch any TV.
I'm watching less and less TV. I'm most entertained and informed by this website. Enjoy the insight and opinions.

I don't often have time to watch a lot, we record a few things, but don't really watch much, and I read in the evening, or read the iPad news and stuff.

Anyway, tried Zorro - will try again - I think I was not really ready for it - mentally, too early in the day and too tired from a crap night's sleep.

I am now into season 3 of Larry David mostly it's pretty pretty pretty good. hahahah.

Thankfully many of the recommendations have been seen over the years, so that's good. Maybe I will rewatch the final season on Ted Lasso.

Stay well everyone.

The Night Manager (Prime) - It's based on a John le Carré novel so it's espionage, spying type stuff.
Fall of the House of Usher (Netflix) - It's loosely based on several EA Poe short stories.
Peaky Blinders (Netflix) - Post WW1 crime drama about an Irish gang
Fargo (Prime)
The Last Kingdom (Netflix) - 9th and 10th Century England a story about the Danes and Saxons
Fool Me Once (Netflix) - It's based on a Harlan Coben novel so it's full of conspiracy drama
The Patriot (Prime) - Dark comedy and drama about an intelligenc officer taking on a NOC assignment.

A couple outside your request:

Slow Horses is on Apple but is one of the best shows I've seen.
Righteous Gemstones is on Max but is fantastically funny and ironic.

Back