Streaming Services / what to have?

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
Been pouring through our monthly bills and trying to eliminate some waste. See below for what we currently have vs what we are thinking about getting:

HAVE:

Netflix
  • watch a ton, will be keeping
Amazon Prime Video (included w membership)
  • no need to cancel cause its included regardless
MAX (included with Direct TV Stream / cable of sorts)
  • Dont watch much but its included
Cinemax
  • Dont watch at all. Already cancelled
Peacock
  • Downloaded and wtached for football purposes but dont watch it at all outside of that. Cancelling
Paramount+
  • Watched it a ton when Yellowstone was on it. Now, its removed and theres not a lot to watch. Cancelling

INTERESTED IN:

Disney+ / ESPN+ / HULU+ Bundle
  • have young kids who would like the Disney stuff
  • Have heard HULU has a ton of new and old shows
  • ESPN+ I dont need, but its good for sports / golf, and is a part of a bundle

Generally curious what everyon uses and doesnt use? Whats best for the price? What is not worth the cost?

We've got the following:
Youtube TV
Netflix
Peakock (included from golfnow pgapass.)
Paramount +. Same as above. Had for Yellowstone. Don't watch. My wife is watching something and as soon as she is done with it I will cancel.
Disney/ESPN/Hulu. - We use this but I could cancel the Hulu part of it.

Probably will start rotating between Netflix/Hulu/Max and potentially AppleTV. Don't need more than 1 of them at a time.

From my point of view the Disney bundle is worth it for ESPN+ alone. All sorts of out of market games and college sports. Hulu has Letterkenny and Shoresy. And kids will definitely love Disney.

I also have Netflix, Max, and Amazon, with the same basic usage and cost that you do.

I have Fubo as my primary service and I really like it

Netflix: I don't actually use this much outside of a couple shows but the rest of the family uses my account so it stays
Disney Bundle: Definitely my most used, especially with F1 on ESPN+(with cable provider) allowing me to cancel my F1TV sub
Paramount+: Champions League, must have
Peacock Premium: Premier League, must have
(The Artist Formally Know As HBO)Max: Regularly watch HBO series.
AppleTV+: Probably creating the most consistently good content right now

And due to the nature of the complex I live in, have to have cable. No option for internet without it.

I have the hulu/disney/espn bundle. I think that it's like 22 bucks worth every penny for Disney with the kids and ESPN for me, Hulu for the wife because of their reality TV series.
Netflix is 8? dollars, the one with ads - kids, but could cancel and probably be okay with it.
Peacock was 30? for a year when they did it on a special. Doubt I'll renew, but maybe?
Prime because it is included, but I would probably cancel that we don't watch it a lot.

We have
Netflix-use it a lot
Disney,ESPN,Hulu bundle - use it a lot
Prime - included and I’ve been watching it a lot lately
Peacock - mostly for golf
Paramount - just added it this weekend to watch Tulsa King. Not sure how long it will stay
HBOMax - use this one a decent amount
Discovery+ - could probably cancel this one. My mom is the only one who uses it.

We have Netflix, Prime, and Disney+

The wife watches a lot of Netflix,
The Kids and I watch Disney,
and Prime gets watched for the odd thing (but have it more for the shipping aspect of it).

We don't watch sports, and if I am not watching stuff on the three above I am watching YouTube more than anything.

Netflix, Disney+, Max, Paramount+, Peacock, AppleTV, ESPN+, Hulu,

It's amazing how long we spend looking for something to watch.

Disney bundle with ESPN + and Hulu, HBO Max, Netflix, Prime,Peacock, and er, something else LOL.

Last edited:
I only keep prime continuously. Others I turn on to watch and off after I binged that month. My favorites
Apple- high quality TV shows, just smaller library
Netflix, Disney, Hulu, HBO, Paramount, and Starz just get used a month or two per year.

I have Hulu Live and then Disney, ESPN+, Netflix and Prime.

We have
Hulu/Disney/ espn
Amazon
Netflix
Max

we rotate in and out of peacock paramount and Apple TV every few months. It helps us “build up” shows to watch while keeping the costs of those three down.

I have a comcast/tv package because it's all that's available internet wise where I live. If I could drop TV and just have a fiber connection I would do it in a heart beat and go the youtube tv route.

Have:
Netflix - kids watch it a ton
Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu - again, kids and I use the ESPN side but don't use Hulu much.
Peacock (Through Comcast) - Use this for sports mainly
Amazon - watch occasionally but mainly for shipping
HBO Max (through ATT) - watch from time to time, included with my cell phone plan
Apple TV - so far free with new devices we always seem to have.

Have access to:
Youtube TV - my parents account after I got them free from comcast. They seem to really enjoy it. I would switch but again no fiber in my subdivision yet and Comcast has a monopoly.

Been pouring through our monthly bills and trying to eliminate some waste. See below for what we currently have vs what we are thinking about getting:

HAVE:

Netflix
  • watch a ton, will be keeping
Amazon Prime Video (included w membership)
  • no need to cancel cause its included regardless
MAX (included with Direct TV Stream / cable of sorts)
  • Dont watch much but its included
Cinemax
  • Dont watch at all. Already cancelled
Peacock
  • Downloaded and wtached for football purposes but dont watch it at all outside of that. Cancelling
Paramount+
  • Watched it a ton when Yellowstone was on it. Now, its removed and theres not a lot to watch. Cancelling

INTERESTED IN:

Disney+ / ESPN+ / HULU+ Bundle
  • have young kids who would like the Disney stuff
  • Have heard HULU has a ton of new and old shows
  • ESPN+ I dont need, but its good for sports / golf, and is a part of a bundle

Generally curious what everyon uses and doesnt use? Whats best for the price? What is not worth the cost?
For me us we go like this

Netflix - we watch a lot
Paramount + - must have for me because of soccer
Amazon Prime Video - included with membership so it stays
Peacock - Get it discounted with internet but use it for EPL soccer, Supercross and WWE
Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ - get it discounted so it's useful especially for the sports. I would drop Disney + if we could
Apple TV - MLS and some good original content.

I would argue the paramount + is the worse "value" of the bunch, but has too much content to drop. Apple TV could go if I had to but the others fill too many needs.

Just went through the same research. Went with YouTube TV. Final half of final season of Yellowstone is coming back this fall/winter. Hulu has handmaids tale. (y)

It seems like I have them all. Outside of Fubo, I use ESPN+ the most followed by NBA TV.

I have the Disney+ bundle, because it comes with my phone plan.

YouTube TV takes care of my main sports.

XM radio gives me everything but NBA, NFL, and NASCAR. Since I have YouTube tv, I don’t really need the XM upgrade.

We have a cable package through our fiber internet provider, and Amazon Prime because it's included in our membership. That's it. My wife watches a lot of TV and those options give her everything she needs, I rarely ever watch TV.

We have quite a lot!

Hulu Live/Disney+/ESPN+, how we get live and local, had done Youtube TV before, would like to find a cheaper option, but get benefit out of the bundle

Netlfix, seems to be the biggest hit with our kids

Amazon video, use some much of the prime membership, this is just a great add on

Paramount+, get some soccer on it and the programming is nice

Peacock, use it for premier league soccer, but that's it

MAX, this one is on the fence for us, after we get done binging VEEP, it may go away

Probably too many but here it is
YouTube TV
Apple TV- Probably the one I use most
Disney Bundle- Upped my Verizon plan $10, got Apple Music too, good deal
Netflix
Max/with commercials
Prime because comes with the free delivery

We've got the following:
Youtube TV
Netflix
Peakock (included from golfnow pgapass.)
Paramount +. Same as above. Had for Yellowstone. Don't watch. My wife is watching something and as soon as she is done with it I will cancel.
Disney/ESPN/Hulu. - We use this but I could cancel the Hulu part of it.

Probably will start rotating between Netflix/Hulu/Max and potentially AppleTV. Don't need more than 1 of them at a time.
How do you liked Youtube TV?

How do you liked Youtube TV?
Like it. I did it because of the NFL ticket. I have my phone connected to my TV and I can move around stuff pretty seamlessly. They have already updated a request I had during the season to choose your games for multiview versus their choices for the 4 games. It has been great. The NFL will be perfect for it.

I don't watch TV other than sports. I would probably get annoyed if I channel-surfed.

Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu
Max
Prime
Netflix
Paramount+
Peacock
AppleTV+
AMC+

We cut the cord a while back and went to youtube tv. Only regret is not doing it sooner. Other than that we have all the stuff listed in the OP including the Disney bundle. It’s a lot but honestly we use it all. It’s great when new shows come out and you don’t have to worry about what platform they’re on (about to start Palm Royale).

Also, ESPN plus is great for early golf coverage.

Back