Summer Memberships

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
For many it signifies golf season beginning and in other places it means it is ending. Down in FL it means cheap golf. Almost every private club down here is offering their 6 month memberships and they are dirt cheap.

Waterlefe $250
University Park $500
Riverstrand $500
Palm Aire $400
The Meadows $500

These are just some examples and are not per month, but for the next 6 months total. This is full golf membership (as well as fitness, tennis and social) and as many that have played in this area know, these are some incredible golf courses.

The per round deals are so good and there are 37 golf courses with in 40 minutes, so one does not have to join of course, but it is tempting.

Those are some incredible deals. You don't see anything like that in NJ. I got a similar deal here for a 9 month membership, though, and that was awesome.

Great prices for courses there. Those prices are better than what we have here and the courses are twice as nice.

That is a great situation to be in. All other things being equal, I would pick the one with the best bar.

I have some time yet before I can think of golf.

6unu4y5u.jpg

That is absolutely incredible. I'd sign up for one of those in a heartbeat.

Here in Nashville we generally have two options: private club with 10,000 - 30,000 initiation fee and 250+ per month dues, or crappy public course with around a $1,500 membership. I can get a family membership to the junior's par 3 course for $400 a year, but unfortunately, that only includes golf, no range.

That actually makes me sick to my stomach. That would get you a 2 week pass up here and only include Mon - Fri.

For many it signifies golf season beginning and in other places it means it is ending. Down in FL it means cheap golf. Almost every private club down here is offering their 6 month memberships and they are dirt cheap.

Waterlefe $250
University Park $500
Riverstrand $500
Palm Aire $400
The Meadows $500

These are just some examples and are not per month, but for the next 6 months total. This is full golf membership (as well as fitness, tennis and social) and as many that have played in this area know, these are some incredible golf courses.

The per round deals are so good and there are 37 golf courses with in 40 minutes, so one does not have to join of course, but it is tempting.

If I were in your situation I would be hard pressed not to join UP. With it being so close you could run up in the afternoon and play 9 or even 18 very quickly, plus unlimited range use so close to you for 6 month.

Summer golf is just so silly cheap here. You can play top rate courses that are 100+ in the winter for 25 bucks. Last summer I played Pine Barrens, a top 100 course, for $16. That is just stupid.

Amazing pricing. I would do those in a heartbeat. My goat track is $1,200 for a full year only and I am sure those courses are a bit nicer than mine.

Amazing pricing. I would do those in a heartbeat. My goat track is $1,200 for a full year only and I am sure those courses are a bit nicer than mine.

Having seen some of the pictures, I think it's fair to say that at least where I live, those are country-club level tracks.

Man those are some awesome deals, I wish we had stuff like that around here

Having seen some of the pictures, I think it's fair to say that at least where I live, those are country-club level tracks.

I think most would say they are compared to anywhere. Waterlefe, Riverstrand and University Park are as good as anything I have played long term.

Most of the courses around here range from $900 to $1400 and don't hold a candle to the courses there. I did play a little country 9 hole yesterday that is very tough and kept extremely nice. Best greens in the region and only $450 per year. I may join, just hate the 30 minute drive in the wrong direction from work.

Waterlefe $250
University Park $500
Riverstrand $500
Palm Aire $400
The Meadows $500

Those deals are amazing. You'll never find those in the Washington DC area. I normally purchase game cards for local courses (Pay for 10 games and get 20% off, etc). I would love partial memberships like that.

The crazy part of this is, for 6 months a year, these courses are all quite private and/or $100 per round.

Id pay 500 for univeristy park for 6 months in a heartbeat. The cost for waterlefe is nothing to sneeze at either.

Those prices are crazy good. I will likely skip mebership to my local club this year as dues this year will run over $1500 and I will be lucky to get 5 months out of it. No fitness club or pool.

Great prices...wow. I wish Charlotte had comparable memberships!

What a bargain. With the limited amount of courses in Mobile you never see deals like this at the nicer courses.

is the competition for golfers that bad down there? thats freaking nuts. i'd be all over at least one of them maybe even do 2

is the competition for golfers that bad down there? thats freaking nuts. i'd be all over at least one of them maybe even do 2

There are over 50 courses in. 45 minute area. Add that to the fact that it is the offseason and you have super cheap rates.

There are over 50 courses in. 45 minute area. Add that to the fact that it is the offseason and you have super cheap rates.

still funny that your offseason is my season.

I'd kill for that. Those are some crazy good prices for what would be 6mo of awesome golf.

Those are excellent deals, wow! I'm really spoiled right now because a full year membership for me is $175 as a college student and I still get it for one more year after this one. After that it's up to $800 or so...kind of dreading that day!

For those prices I would hit up 2 or 3 of them

Back