Superstroke 3.0 style grip but softer and more sticky like a Winn?

mts25

Reaction score
Handicap
I wasn't sure if Superstroke had a patent on their grip design or not. I really like their 3.0 size and design (non-taper), but I don't love the feel of it. I would love to find something with the same design but with more of a grippy, Winn brand putter grip feel to it. I've not seen anything like that. Is something like that out there?

Following along…..

I’ve recently just noticed the same. Even
the older SS grips seem a bit “stickier” than the newer ones. I’ve been messing with the Odyssey Jumbo (made by Winn) and certainly don’t feel as much tension trying to hang onto it. It’s much softer than SS and definitely more grip.

Following along…..

I’ve recently just noticed the same. Even
the older SS grips seem a bit “stickier” than the newer ones. I’ve been messing with the Odyssey Jumbo (made by Winn) and certainly don’t feel as much tension trying to hang onto it. It’s much softer than SS and definitely more grip.

Agree, I prefer the older Superstrokes. The new ones are kind of slick feeling to me.

Good info! I was about to regrip with a SS 3.0. I’ll wait to hear what options I have. I like sticky

I’ve been tempted to try tennis racket grip wrap, but I think in and out of the bag would mess it up pretty quick.

I got a PM to try the Garsen Ultimate grip. Looks like a softer version of the Superstroke 3.0 to me (or very close on the specs).

Last edited:
Do you grip it down that low though? It only really tapers at the bottom.

Back