SuperStroke buys Lamkin

Evidently Bob Lamkin is staying around and working at Superstroke for at least a little while. Hopefully Superstoke doesn’t screw up the wide variety of Lamkin grip offerings or eliminate the name.

Wow, nice.

Evidently Bob Lamkin is staying around and working at Superstroke for at least a little while. Hopefully Superstoke doesn’t screw up the wide variety of Lamkin grip offerings or eliminate the name.
That’s my concern. A company who’s products I don’t care for bought one who’s products I hold dear. Hoping this makes Superstroke more like Lamkin and not the other way around.

Well, crud. Lampkin is my favorite b a mile, the one OEM I’m most loyal too. I really hope nothing changes with their product line

I agree 100%. Especially the swing grips. So far superior to GP in terms of quality, feel and durabilty IMO and at a lesser price point.

That’s my concern. A company who’s products I don’t care for bought one who’s products I hold dear. Hoping this makes Superstroke more like Lamkin and not the other way around.
Agree 100%. If they don’t keep the Lamkin name I’ll be switching my grips back to Golf Pride.

whoa. I just naturally assumed Lamkin was bigger than SuperStroke
Just been around long time. Was a Chicago company, but ended up in San Diego, and still run like a ma and pa operation. Large, but not too large. And the owner is real hands on.. I have played Lamkin Crossline white in different sizes(midsize, oversize), and a SuperStroke Traxion Tour 2.0 with a 25g counterweight putter grip for a lot of years. So, it's all in the family now...

Last edited:
Ugh I hate that stupid grip. Damn you no taper Larry
I have the 2.0, and I like it. The 5.0 is just too much, even with my arthritic hands, and too much of a learning curve for me. The counterweight putter grips feel real stable.

makes sense, SS is known for putter grips, this gets them into swing grips. Their swing grips were below average.
And good quality swing grips at that!! I play about 15 rounds a year, and Lamkin Crosslines last me for years! Well made swing grips, merging with a well made putter grip company.. I have used both for years...

I see why both sides would want to do this. I'm not sure I like it, but am open minded.

I see why both sides would want to do this. I'm not sure I like it, but am open minded.
I’m curious to see how the branding works out.

I’m curious to see how the branding works out.
My guess is Lamkin remains the club grip brand. The name is a huge asset, not to mention all the intellectual property.

My guess is Lamkin remains the club grip brand. The name is a huge asset, not to mention all the intellectual property.
I was thinking that as well, but I have to believe SS bought them to get more traction (Ha!) in their own brand for non putter grips.

I was thinking that as well, but I have to believe SS bought them to get more traction (Ha!) in their own brand for non putter grips.
I see what you did there 😂

Im eager to learn more about the plans rolling forward with this, you don’t just get rid of one of the most known names in golf, so I’d expect split branding and the best selling putter grip in the game now has real quality swing grips with Lamkin

love my superstroke but thought they were a smaller player than Lamkin... the main thing i dislike about Super Stroke and all of my putters have flatso 3.0 grips ......... will they ever make a solid color option in black
They do come in different sizes. I have a 2.0, and I am very comfortable with it.. They do have a grip in black, but with some white, not much...

Back