Thoughts and prayers for you and your wife, as well as the sick folks not there.

When my wife had knee replacement in November of 2019, I sat alone. It was a shorter wait but nerve wracking nonetheless. But, I preferred being alone over the wait for her when she had spinal fusion and I had to babysit her parents. Her father pulled up every article he could find about fusions gone wrong and asked me about nearly all of them until I curtly but politely told him he wasn't helping

Both times though, when the wait began exceeding the time the doctor told me he expected and I received no call, the wait became so much worse.

I’m sitting here by myself in the hospital waiting room while my wife undergoes surgery for a new hip.
Family members that wanted to show up and sit and wait with me can’t because they’ve got COVID.
I think I prefer it just being me though.
3 hours to wait and see if she’s ok.
I hate this
Gone through the same with my Wife as well so I know the feeling. She's had countless surgeries in the last 5 years due to a rare condition she has. She Just had surgery a few weeks ago and will again very soon. Right now in Louisville only one person can be there but I personally prefer someone else be there with me. It helps me keep my mind busy while waiting.

Hope all goes well. You and your Wife are in my thoughts & prayers.

She’s in recovery now and the doc said she did well.
recovery is where there were issues last surgery that darn near killed her.
Keep us posted. Continued prayers for your wife, you and the doctors.

Praying for your family. Keep us posted.

She’s doing well and in her room. She’s gotten up and walked a bit. The physical therapist has seen her and they walked the floor already as well.
So far this is awesome. But I think the dialudid is helping a lot.
Thank you all again. The support is very much appreciated

Sending support for you both. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Glad she is doing well, and sending my best for a speedy recovery!!

I’m sitting here by myself in the hospital waiting room while my wife undergoes surgery for a new hip.
Family members that wanted to show up and sit and wait with me can’t because they’ve got COVID.
I think I prefer it just being me though.
3 hours to wait and see if she’s ok.
I hate this

Of course you do! Carly Simon sang "Anticipation" but giving no hint of which way it should go! Positive or negative. It just makes you wait! We humans hate that! We want to know what is going on all the time! Well, sometimes that's not possible, and that's when the heebie-jeebies set in! It can be hard. But, I wish for all the best for your wife. My elder Sis had a hip replacement and came out of it really well!

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Hang in there! Hope it all works out with a minimum of pain/discomfort for her

Good Thought for you and Prayers for your wife......hopefully every thing comes out well

She’s doing well and in her room. She’s gotten up and walked a bit. The physical therapist has seen her and they walked the floor already as well.
Glad to hear everything went smoothly, best wishes to your wife for a speedy and full recovery!

The surgeons have hips figured out pretty well!

Glad to hear she’s doing well! Amazing what they can do with these replacement surgeries these days. My sister’s FIL just had his knee replaced at 89 years old. Once he showed he could get himself to the bathroom - with a walker - they discharged him THE SAME DAY!!! 😮😮😮. All the best for your wife and for you.

Your wife will be fine and better than ever, just takes a bit of time. Happy for you both.

Hoping for a speedy recovery. Best wishes from the Campbell's.

Glad to hear this! Wishing her a smooth and speedy recovery!

Thanks all. Sorry I wasn't more active. I didn't want to kill my battery. I just don't get how some people can be on their phone all day with facebook, reddit, instagram, snapchat, youtube and browsers and have 50% battery at the end of the day after several hours of straight surfing... and I run Amazon music to bluetooth earbuds, read in my Kindle app with the contrast set low and check my email 1 time and I wind up with 34% battery... and the phone is an iphone 11 pro.

I just don't get it.

Anyway, my wife was up and moving around and feeling a lot better... pain levels lower post surgery than what she was having pre surgery. We both have hope this will result in her being a lot more mobile than she had been for the past couple of years. :D She'd go out and about but usually suffered lots of pain afterwards due to her hip... which caused her knee pain... and back pain.:cry:

Glad to hear everything seems to have gone well - just make sure she follows the rehab therapy and she will be fine

My dad had his hip replaced and it made a big difference for him, so don't let any hiccups now discourage you both

Thanks all. Sorry I wasn't more active. I didn't want to kill my battery. I just don't get how some people can be on their phone all day with facebook, reddit, instagram, snapchat, youtube and browsers and have 50% battery at the end of the day after several hours of straight surfing... and I run Amazon music to bluetooth earbuds, read in my Kindle app with the contrast set low and check my email 1 time and I wind up with 34% battery... and the phone is an iphone 11 pro.

I just don't get it.

Anyway, my wife was up and moving around and feeling a lot better... pain levels lower post surgery than what she was having pre surgery. We both have hope this will result in her being a lot more mobile than she had been for the past couple of years. :D She'd go out and about but usually suffered lots of pain afterwards due to her hip... which caused her knee pain... and back pain.:cry:

Good luck for you and your wife with the recovery. With my new hip, following the physio and surgeon's advice was critical to a successful recovery. It takes time but 100% worth the effort. I found the Hydrotherapy most helpful in the early stages so personally would take that option if offered again.

Keep us posted!

A

Best of luck for her physio and full recovery.

Glad to hear she is doing well and I wish her the best in her recovery, especially PT.

Glad to hear she did well. I hope her replacement was the anterior procedure - I had both replaced that way and the recovery is way faster - I missed 3 weeks of work each time, and played golf at 5 weeks and 6 weeks respectively, and shed the walker at day 5 each time - hope she does as well...

I too had hip replacement spring of '19.

It's all about taking it one day at a time. The one marvelous thing about the procedure is that you experience some pain afterward but it's a different pain. That internal grinding nerve pain is gone immediately. I was off meds and on a cane in 5 days.

Best of luck to you folks....she's going to be so happy that she did it!

Back