Take an Optimal Results Key When Demoing?

My question to you guys is, how much do you rely on realistic numbers for your demoing versus charts like this that show optimal launch settings? Do you go in educated or relying on the monitors at the store?
I really never trust monitors at the stores. Whenever possible I try to take advantage of outdoor Trackman machines in a fitting bay at my local course.

I don't know that I'm educated. Even if I could remember the chart, the numbers on the TM from swing to swing can run together and become information overload. I might look at smash, carry or spin, but usually as a somewhat independent factor as opposed to a comprehensive picture. After hitting some number of shots with the same club the sample paints an overall picture.

When I hit various clubs in stores I pay no attention to the numbers. I look at ball flight occasionally. I'm hitting these clubs to just get the feel of what ever it is. When I get close to a purchase I find an out door range that has the club I'm looking at. Demo it again, watching ball flight and relative distances. I don't think numbers are going to tell me more than I can see with balls going down range. That's just me.

Back