TaylorMade Kingdom Experience Diary

I've really enjoyed following along in this thread. Glad you all got this wonderful opportunity.

Just so everyone know's it, I'm small enough I could fit in someones suit case if this ever comes up again... just saying! :D

Turns out that they put the 10 gram weight in the heel instead of the toe. He makes that change and next shot 285 right down the middle of the freaking fairway! 10 freaking grams and it was night and day! Now again to reiterate how different all of our swings are and why it doesn't make sense to just grab any old club of the rack and expect to hit it well, DD (who was just crushing the ball) has his driver set with the weight in the heel. The exact setting that would have sent me OB on every hole. Just another enlightening moment from this weekend.

It's amazing how that little change made a dramatic improvement to your swing with that club. These logs have been freaking amazing. Props on the vids and photos.

It is my understanding that the Kingdom is only available to touring pro's and VIPs. It's nice to see some common folks getting a crack at it. :)

It is my understanding that the Kingdom is only available to touring pro's and VIPs. It's nice to see some common folks getting a crack at it. :)

Might want to read through this thread. This has been discussed. There are 2 Kingdoms and one is certainly open to consumers.

Might want to read through this thread. This has been discussed. There are 2 Kingdoms and one is certainly open to consumers.
I was referring to the one under discussion, i.e., Carlsbad.

I was referring to the one under discussion, i.e., Carlsbad.

I thought you could pay big bucks to go to the carlsbad one also, maybe not.

heck of a job reporting in on this guys - i didnt think you could make it sound anymore sweet - but my hat off to you. Freaking fantastic job, fantastic opportunity - and i love to hear how they tweaked your fittings.

I thought you could pay big bucks to go to the carlsbad one also, maybe not.
When I originally read how much it cost for a full 14 club fitting I thought it was expensive, but then I got to thinking. With all the buying and selling of clubs we do this is probably an economical way to do it because based on the fitting experience of our winners TM seems to really dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's". For example, building drivers right on the spot and tweaking them to get the perfect combo for the golfer. Not to mention all the TLC they show the golfer. You have to leave there with your new clubs feeling very good about everything.

wonderful update post. just amazing every golfers dream

When I originally read how much it cost for a full 14 club fitting I thought it was expensive, but then I got to thinking. With all the buying and selling of clubs we do this is probably an economical way to do it because based on the fitting experience of our winners TM seems to really dot all the "i's" and cross all the "t's". For example, building drivers right on the spot and tweaking them to get the perfect combo for the golfer. Not to mention all the TLC they show the golfer. You have to leave there with your new clubs feeling very good about everything.

agreed - i left my last fitting and wasnt happy at all - but it was "free" with the purchase of a lesson package. I think that was my mistake. My next driver/iron purchase will be more thorough. I would def consider a kingdom trip after seeing this. I have an adjustable driver and i have never moved weights. If someone told me what they did i might try - but now i try and groove my swing to what i have it setup as. I cant believe what were seeing - this is like TOUR experience these guys just got. Unreal TaylorMade. fantastic job.

Can one of the Georgia guys ask them their reasoning on why the Ghost Tour putters (except for daytona) aren't offered in lefty? I'd just like to hear what those guys have to say about it

Can one of the Georgia guys ask them their reasoning on why the Ghost Tour putters (except for daytona) aren't offered in lefty? I'd just like to hear what those guys have to say about it

We asked them at the PGA Show. They have the same answer really everybody else does. Based on demand, they work to make as much stuff available LH as possible. Sometimes things come after the fact and sometimes they dont, but it is usually always based on consumer demand.

We asked them at the PGA Show. They have the same answer really everybody else does. Based on demand, they work to make as much stuff available LH as possible. Sometimes things come after the fact and sometimes they dont, but it is usually always based on consumer demand.

I can almost agree with that.. Except everyone offers a face balanced mid mallet putter. They may not offer the heel shafted one, but always the mallet. If I didn't go blind once I get on the course putting righty, I would just do it that way. I can do it everywhere else but the golf course

What an amazing experience!! Thanks for sharing guys!

I can almost agree with that.. Except everyone offers a face balanced mid mallet putter. They may not offer the heel shafted one, but always the mallet. If I didn't go blind once I get on the course putting righty, I would just do it that way. I can do it everywhere else but the golf course

We can only go by what they tell us. They offer a mallet in LH, just not the new model. I tend to agree with them and while I wish it could be different, the percentage of LH golfers is still very small to those of RH.

Lets maybe move this to a different thread though, because this is about the wonderful opportunity of these going to the TM Kingdom from a THP contest.

*thunk*

That was my jaw hitting the floor. Incredbible feedback guys and you have each sat the bar high for us going this coming week. I didn't use multiquote because honestly I couldve quoted each post, but the post regarding the toe and heel weight spoke volumes to me about the insane benefits of getting fit to your equipment. Knowing that that little of a difference can make that much change to the ball-flight is impressive and some very good knowledge to have.

Especially liked the video aspect, that was a great move on TM's part.

Congrats to the guys that got to experience this. And from your fellow THP's thanks for all the write ups. I have enjoyed threads on this site before but this has been my favorite so far. I was already a big TM fan but these stories just put the icing on the cake. Great information which made for a great read.

Just wanted to make a comment on this. You guys know how incredibly excited we all were for this, but the thing I never expected was how excited the people at TMaG were for this as well. I believe each one of the TM guys from the PR guys to the pros and even Jim Flick all expressed how excited they were to be a part of this. They all said that working with Tour Pros is amazing, but they said that being there with us (the common golfer) was something very special to them. They said that our excitement and love for the game was very infectious. I totally didn't expect this, but it was a consistent theme among all of the TM guys.

Just wanted to make a comment on this. You guys know how incredibly excited we all were for this, but the thing I never expected was how excited the people at TMaG were for this as well. I believe each one of the TM guys from the PR guys to the pros and even Jim Flick all expressed how excited they were to be a part of this. They all said that working with Tour Pros is amazing, but they said that being there with us (the common golfer) was something very special to them. They said that our excitement and love for the game was very infectious. I totally didn't expect this, but it was a consistent theme among all of the TM guys.

Thats very cool, its also cool they realize they have a dream job that everybody wants lol

Thats very cool, its also cool they realize they have a dream job that everybody wants lol

Absolutely! They all said that they loved their jobs, loved working at the best company in the business, and new they are some lucky guys. They were just amazing people. I feel very lucky to have been privileged enough to meet them.

Now that is great to hear. I wonder Doc if it's because the Touring pros take so much for granted, and/or can even be a bit demanding? Just speculating here.

Now that is great to hear. I wonder Doc if it's because the Touring pros take so much for granted, and/or can even be a bit demanding? Just speculating here.

I suspect you are right. Also most of the TM guys are just like you and I. They are average golfers who love the sport and are excited to see people like themselves have an opportunity to experience what so few are able to experience.

I suspect you are right. Also most of the TM guys are just like you and I. They are average golfers who love the sport and are excited to see people like themselves have an opportunity to experience what so few are able to experience.
Well Doc, if you happen to talk to any of them again tell them there is this mid-50s guy just outside Boston who'd love to go through that experience. LOL

What a great thread. I really like the detailed stories about the driver fitting and the results that each of you got out of it. An amazing amazing experience. It will definitely consider a custom fitting for my next driver, especially for an R11.

Back