TaylorMade Launches R11 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are all the details on the home page. Full specs about the entire set can be found here.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14128

For the last month, THP has been feverishly testing these irons and have come away pretty impressed. What we have found in our testing is a very solid evolution of the R9 irons that we were very impressed with last year.

Looks - We will let you be the judge of that based on our in hand pictures.

Style - Rumors have been swirling around the net about what these irons would be like. Would they be more like the TP line or more like the Burner line. Well, to put that to rest, they are more like the R9 line. They kind of fit somewhere in between CB and the Burner 2.0 in size and playability.

Ball Flight - The irons we are testing come standard with the KBS 90 shafts that we really liked for a stock offering in the R9 irons. They get nice and high, however we had no issues of ballooning.

Distance - Not nuclear long like the Burner 2.0 irons, but pretty darn close. Especially in the short irons where we noticed virtually no distance difference.

Feel - Purely subjective, but the pocket cavity is definitely different than the feel of the R9s. Not harder or softer mind you, just a small difference at impact. While I believe most of that is ""tonal" as the R11 irons offered a deeper audible tone than the previous R9s in my opinion.

Testing - Follow along with THP as there are quite a few Morgan Cup staffers that will be putting these in play prior to release and they will have videos, pictures and tons of feedback.

i-wNbVBDM-L.jpg

i-9s36v4G-L.jpg

i-qbRWFcK-L.jpg

i-qTzqJQ7-L.jpg

i-k8VKQkS-L.jpg

i-vSN9wth-L.jpg

i-GNcttfG-L.jpg

i-CqWMnG9-L.jpg

Glad to finally see "real" pictures of these.

very nice can't wait to hear how they are on the course!

the look very similar to the Tour Preferred CBs to me. Not a huge fan of the the red weight in the back. Still a good looking iron though

They do look nice and now I understand some of the MC players not naming their iron choice, will be interesting to hear their thoughts on the preformance of these beauties duing actual competition.

super sexy looking irons...love the idea that these fit in between the CB's and Burner 2.0's... nice move by TM

• Admin
very nice can't wait to hear how they are on the course!

All the feedback above is from how they have been on the course.

the look very similar to the Tour Preferred CBs to me. Not a huge fan of the the red weight in the back. Still a good looking iron though

They are definitely more R9 like than CB like.

Beautiful, well I guess we can actually post pics and videos now when the irons come in???

They look very nice

have any of the MCers got them yet?

These irons are beautiful

Tap tap taparoo

They are definitely more R9 like than CB like.

I look forward to seeing them in person in a couple of weeks down at the morgan cup. You are right, at address it looks like the R9 iron to me. The weight and cavity just remind me of the CB. The R9's were a very good set of irons, can't wait to hear what the TM staffers think of these. I may have to swing one at media day.

They look very nice

Not sure what everyone requested, but the TM staffers have not received their irons yet.

Beautiful, well I guess we can actually post pics and videos now when the irons come in???

Absolutely.

They look very nice

They will have them next week, well ahead of launch.

I look forward to seeing them in person in a couple of weeks down at the morgan cup. You are right, at address it looks like the R9 iron to me. The weight and cavity just remind me of the CB. The R9's were a very good set of irons, can't wait to hear what the TM staffers think of these. I may have to swing one at media day.

Good idea, while your sponsoring company is working with you on promos, you should see about hitting the competing company's irons.

Nice looking irons. I'm really looking forward to the reviews from the TM staffers,

Good idea, while your sponsoring company is working with you on promos, you should see about hitting the competing company's irons.

Razr Challenge, still ahead of R11:alien:

JB how is the ball flight compared to the CB or Burner 2.0

JB - Do you have any info or feel for the lengths and lofts of these? I've heard that they are consistent with the R9s in those areas (where the lofts end up being about one degree weaker than the Burner 2.0s).

Sorry Ddec but this has be ROTFL!!!!

Sweet, I like the look of them. Now I am totally confused. Looking to get a new set soon and I was torn between the TP CB's and the 2.0's. Now add these bad boys to the mix...

I like the red and white in the cavity - pretty good looking set of irons. Bet these babies sell like hotcakes so people can be completely ghosted out! :D

They look GREAT... I would love to have these in my bag sometime in the future...

Sweet, I like the look of them. Now I am totally confused. Looking to get a new set soon and I was torn between the TP CB's and the 2.0's. Now add these bad boys to the mix...

Vince...if you can hang on a bit, I've requested to game these at the Morgan Cup. I've been playing the Burner 2.0s for the past 8 months, and I've hit the CBs a couple of times in comparison. I'll be glad to try to answer any comparison question once I get a chance to hit the R11s.

Nice set of irons. I can't wait until these hit stores to give them a test.

Razr Challenge, still ahead of R11:alien:

JB how is the ball flight compared to the CB or Burner 2.0

Very R9 like.

JB - Do you have any info or feel for the lengths and lofts of these? I've heard that they are consistent with the R9s in those areas (where the lofts end up being about one degree weaker than the Burner 2.0s).

Did you check out the home page?

Vince...if you can hang on a bit, I've requested to game these at the Morgan Cup. I've been playing the Burner 2.0s for the past 8 months, and I've hit the CBs a couple of times in comparison. I'll be glad to try to answer any comparison question once I get a chance to hit the R11s.

Thanks man, looks like September 1 they will be available for public sale. I will defiantly wait to hear your review along with the others in the MC that are playing them.

Back