TaylorMade Milled Grind 4 Wedges

I was messing around with these and chipped in 5 out 7 times to 3 different holes.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was messing around with these and chipped in 5 out 7 times to 3 different holes. 🤔
And yet you don’t own them? Think of what you are missing out on, man!

Anyone play a Vokey M, and could tell me which would be closest? I've played D Grind, and 80% of the time it works well, but as a lob I'd love to have it lower bounce, and the M fits the bill. But also would like to try out a MG4. I have the MG3 TW 56, and I just can't get used to it. It does dig on full swings, and I end up skulling the ball on chips etc. Technique I know. But my technique is fine on a Callaway X grind and Vokey D/M lol

Anyone play a Vokey M, and could tell me which would be closest? I've played D Grind, and 80% of the time it works well, but as a lob I'd love to have it lower bounce, and the M fits the bill. But also would like to try out a MG4. I have the MG3 TW 56, and I just can't get used to it. It does dig on full swings, and I end up skulling the ball on chips etc. Technique I know. But my technique is fine on a Callaway X grind and Vokey D/M lol
Standard C grind?

Low Bounce V Grind is pretty similar, but more aggressive on the grind than the M, but pretty close.

I looked at both the Vokey M grind and the MG4 standard bounce C grind again and I think that they are pretty simliar. The bounce on the Vokey M is 8*. The bounce on the MG4 standard C is 9*. The grind, including the toe and heel relief looks quite similar. As @Imh3 indicated, the low bounce V on the MG4 looks a little more aggressive. The M grind looks to sit in between the standard C and the low V, but neither one is far off.

The MG4 wedges were stars this weekend. I had one chip in from about 10 yards off the green and was about 20 yards off the green for my third shot on a par 5 and caught the ball well. The ball hit, bounced and checked, then released to roll out a little, leaving me a 3 and a half foot putt for birdie. The standard C grind fits me very well.

I havent hit the TW grinds yet but I did just buy new MG4's. Standard 50*, Low Bounce 56, TW 60*. I wanted to go 56 TW and 60 Low Bounce V but the store didnt have either option

When I play Vokey's im a 56D and 60M. That combo has always worked very well for me. Last year I played Jaws Raw and the 60* X grind is very similar to the M grind and I absolutely loved it

I've heard from people that the TW grinds get tricky and result in lost strokes around the green so I guess ill see how this goes

Last edited:
I havent hit the TW grinds yet but I did just buy new MG4's. Standard 50*, Low Bounce 56, TW 60*. I wanted to go 56 TW and 60 Low Bounce V but the store didnt have either option

When I play Pokey's im a 56D and 60M. That combo has always worked very well for me. Last year I played Jaws Raw and the 60* X grind is very similar to the M grind and I absolutely loved it

I've heard from people that the TW grinds get tricky and result in lost strokes around the green so I guess ill see how this goes
I absolutely loved my TW grinds. I have never had better wedges. I didn’t feel like they were tricky. My problem with them is that I have a stronger pw, so I like to go 53* and 58* in my wedges, which, of course, isn’t possible with those grinds.

When I play Vokey's im a 56D and 60M. That combo has always worked very well for me. Last year I played Jaws Raw and the 60* X grind is very similar to the M grind and I absolutely loved it

Yeah I don't think the TW are necessary for a lot of people. For more than the number that want them at least. Their standard grinds are really effective.

I play the SB and SBC in mine and love them.

Yeah I don't think the TW are necessary for a lot of people. For more than the number that want them at least. Their standard grinds are really effective.

I'm not even sure how close they are to the grinds TW is playing himself. Mike Taylor is still doing all his wedge grinds on TM blanks and then TM is trying to get as close to those as they can with the TW Grind models.

The SBC is a great grind.

I bought the 50, 54 standard bounce and a high bounce 60°. Was nervous about the high bounce. Never played that before but the benefits are exactly what I was looking for. Playing them for the first time here in Myrtle Beach and im two rounds in and love them
The 60° has been great on the wetter ground. It’s not wet but soft. Been fantastic. Just need to keep in mind the grooves are fresh and stopping aggressively. Love the feel and results so far. 74 yesterday and hit more greens than before and had 3 wedges to 2 feet. Not as good today but 45° and 20 mph winds so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just played Chambers Bay and it was a little wet. The TW56 was too diggy. Think I’m going to try the SBC.

I don't want to forget about these with playing and trying some other wedges lately. In fact that bouncing around got me mixed up for a minute and I went back to these and went birdie, birdie right away. Still really love the shape and flight of them and I see similarities between it and one of the other new ones I like.

These look really good. I didn't get along with the TM hi-toe in the past but I like the shape of these quite a bit, and that "scratched" finish looks great.
I bought the 50 Hi Toe and now my friend has it in his bag. Me not like either....

I don't want to forget about these with playing and trying some other wedges lately. In fact that bouncing around got me mixed up for a minute and I went back to these and went birdie, birdie right away. Still really love the shape and flight of them and I see similarities between it and one of the other new ones I like.
I have played some good golf (for me) with the MG4s.

I added two of the MG4’s to my bag here recently to replace some RTX 4’s I’d been using. I’ve said a few times, I took a long golf break when we had kids and would only play the random scramble or other event with friends, but there wasn’t a lot of time for range sessions or games. As the kids are older now, I’ve had time and rebuilt my bag. And found my swing again. Currently sitting around a 13 HC, but it moves around a bit.

I spent a lot of time researching clubs, it’s how I ended up here. I ended up with the T24’s…but after a few rounds I realized that what I love the most about Cleveland is the soft feel and the sound. There’s something about it. This time I knew I needed to hit a bit, and so I went through it. Luckily I have a buddy who plays the Vokey SM9’s, which I know many swear by. But we went to the range and I went chipping with them and there just wasn’t that feel for e. I thought putters were the only thing that was truly personal in golf. I’m realizing ball and wedges are, too.

I had all but settled on either the RTX6 or the RTX Full Face 2’s and was going to hit when I saw a video doing a mass wedge breakdown. And then another. And then another. And they all kept saying “these are incredibly soft”. Maybe not as much as Cleveland, but it was there. And on video I heard it. Less click. And I went to go get my hands on one, what I loved was the way it felt in my hands. So I just decided that the feel gave me confidence, and that was enough. I picked up a standard bounce (11*) 54* and 58*.

My first range session was something. Mats were removed, so it was off actual grass. They had the boxes moved up, so the ”green” was 86 yards away. Which was close to a full swing with the 54. It’s the first time in my life on a range ball I saw it come back to me. The feel was there. It was easy to get dialed in. 10 in a row sat on the green all relatively close to the pin, with a scald (getting way too cocky after several good shots).

So I took the 58 over to the chipping area and setup about 35 yards away from the pin. And just played with it. Tried some flop shots (that’s a new trick I’m working on) and the bounce made getting underneath easy. The spin was good. I had to put a little more into it because I’m used to my shots needing to run a bit. These will basically sit, though I did get a handful to pull back.

I moved out to 50 yards, which is about all I can do at this course without getting into the way of errant drivers. And I found that this club let me attack the pin. I didn’t need to allow for a run at it as much, I could go at it and trust the spin would grip. And with the work they’ve done on the greens, they’re fast. If you don’t grab hold, you’re running. And it held. Consistently.

So I took it to the course. While the other areas of my game have held, the short game has been where I’m losing strokes according to Arccos. Usually the 25-75 yard plays. I posted my first positive shots saved on a round in my short game with these. Now it’ll be doing it again and again, but I attacked. It was no longer a passive and just get it up there. It was go.

Anyway, long winded (and I am that way anyway), but these wedges are really impressive. To me, I get a really good feel off the face. The sound is good. The consistency shot in and shot out is really good.

Taylormade did really good work on these.

still trying to figure out what grinds i like the most with these. I have one set of a 50, 54 high, and 58 high. My other set is 52, 56 low, 60 TW

Ive played more rounds with the low bounce set up but results are telling me the TW grind is not for me

other than that i do really like the MG4's and they have some serious spin

I'm going to the to back in these wedges reeeeally quickly.

I mean I think they're great to begin with, but I've been playing the new S159 and liking them too. They have a problem though compared to these.

You may have noticed a history of my posting pics and mentions of how heavy of heads these are. Can be troublesome with steel and plus length, but an asset with graphite. Well I'm building a rather expensive graphite set right now and the S159 just aren't going to cut it there. So a new black set of these heavy beauties looks to be in the works.

I'm going to the to back in these wedges reeeeally quickly.

I mean I think they're great to begin with, but I've been playing the new S159 and liking them too. They have a problem though compared to these.

You may have noticed a history of my posting pics and mentions of how heavy of heads these are. Can be troublesome with steel and plus length, but an asset with graphite. Well I'm building a rather expensive graphite set right now and the S159 just aren't going to cut it there. So a new black set of these heavy beauties looks to be in the works.
what are you building with??

Im actually going to clean up and post my set with SteelFiber Private reserve 130 shafts

what are you building with??

Im actually going to clean up and post my set with SteelFiber Private reserve 130 shafts
LA Golf 120L-5. And the weights of these are just so much better suited for it.

LA Golf 120L-5. And the weights of these are just so much better suited for it.
I wish i would have tried the L-Series in the 56 and 60. My MG3's had the WV wedge specific shafts and they had too much action in the tip section similar to KBS Hi-Rev. i actually prefer stiffer wedge shafts

Back