TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

wow, thats allot of R11's. I really like it

My tracking number for my R11 3-wood says March 12th :blob:. I am excited to say the least :thumb::golf2:

We've got just as many hybrids and 2.0s.

Awesome. Did anybody else see the TM facebook post that Kaymer is using a 3gram in the toe and a 2gram in the heel in his R11, thought that was a little light

My tracking number for my R11 3-wood says March 12th :blob:. I am excited to say the least :thumb::golf2:

How do you know its a 3 wood? could be a 4 or 5. I was told we wouldnt know until they arrive for the hybrids

How do you know its a 3 wood? could be a 4 or 5. I was told we wouldnt know until they arrive for the hybrids

Well let's put it this way, I got my fingers & my toes crossed so it's got to be. Nawww I would be happy with either of them as I am the receiver and fortunate to be a tester.

Well let's put it this way, I got my fingers & my toes crossed so it's got to be. Nawww I would be happy with either of them as I am the receiver and fortunate to be a tester.

wasnt sure if somebody slipped up and told you that yours was a 3 lol, same with me im just glad to be testing one, im hoping its a 2 or 3 hybrid but will be happy with any. If its a 4 or 5 ill have to take out a long iron but if its 2 or 3 ill just take out my other hybrid.

Looking forward to your feedback on that.

Ok.. So i had a chance to try the Motore shaft from the R9 in the R11..didnt like it at all. It just didnt feel responsive at all. So i went back and tried the blur shaft, with a different set up..had the ASP set to open, 10g weight in the toe and lowered the loft to 9.5. Was amazed at the difference. All of a sudden the blur shaft felt real good, and the snappy misses to the left were gone. Went out and played in a skins game and made 5 birdies, largely setup by massive drives (for me..290+).It felt so good to be able to really release the club and not worry about snapping it left. So needless to say, I wont be experimenting with anymore setups..the stock stiff blur shaft, with this setup feels good for my swing speed (98 to 101 range)..Now just have to really work real hard with the short game.. wedges and putter to take full advatage of the new R11...Cheers

So do you know if this is the thread we are going to be posting in for our FW's or is there going to be a new thread set up?

Ok.. So i had a chance to try the Motore shaft from the R9 in the R11..didnt like it at all. It just didnt feel responsive at all. So i went back and tried the blur shaft, with a different set up..had the ASP set to open, 10g weight in the toe and lowered the loft to 9.5. Was amazed at the difference. All of a sudden the blur shaft felt real good, and the snappy misses to the left were gone. Went out and played in a skins game and made 5 birdies, largely setup by massive drives (for me..290+).It felt so good to be able to really release the club and not worry about snapping it left. So needless to say, I wont be experimenting with anymore setups..the stock stiff blur shaft, with this setup feels good for my swing speed (98 to 101 range)..Now just have to really work real hard with the short game.. wedges and putter to take full advatage of the new R11...Cheers

So you are hitting it 290+ with a 100 mph ss? That is crazy distance out of that ss speed.

My average drives were usually in the 275 to 280 range with the supertri, but my trajectory I always thought was pretty high, no matter what adjustments i made. However, the R11 just seems to generate a lot less spin off the drives, and that coupled with a more penetrating ball flight, is allowing alot more roll than I am used to getting. Still jus amazed how once you get the R11 set to your particular preference, how great it is. I just felt i could really go at it, and not lose it left.. Cant wait to put in some more time with it....

Love the look of the R11 and the ability to adjust, but I'm scared of the forgiveness. I hit it all over the face. How much less forgiving is this than the Supertri?

Local shop had 6/7 of them in for people who preordered. I don't think they had full stock though

Yes it is! I am taking it back to the range tonight to give it a run and should have my initial performance-based thoughts up tonight as well. I am going to hit it with both the miya black and the kaili.

So much for going to the range tonight for my second session with the r11... Finishing work at midnight is not conducive to that. Will have to wait till tomorrow.

Love the look of the R11 and the ability to adjust, but I'm scared of the forgiveness. I hit it all over the face. How much less forgiving is this than the Supertri?

I had the Supertri for a bit and the R11 isn't that much less forgiving depending on where you miss. I find that misses off the heel and bottom of the R11 are about as bad as it gets, but misses more toward the toe and higher up are not very bad at all. I see about a 15-20 yard loss with a bad strike off the toe and higher up. But low misses and off the heel are lucky to break 150. My usual drive is between 245 and 255. This is just for me though.

That's all it's gonna take Gray? Wow.. looks like you are gonna be one of the first to review.

I am ready to get to work on my long term review. Maybe you will get yours soon. I think GG mailed the Canadians out first but how long does it take to get through Customs?

If you hit the SuperTri well and the numbers are strong, this might not be the right driver. I know most look at the R11 as the next in line TM driver, but the truth is, the SuperTri and R11 are very different drivers. The R11 is a low spin driver and the SuperTri is a high spin driver. Both are geared towards different players.

If you hit the SuperTri well and the numbers are strong, this might not be the right driver. I know most look at the R11 as the next in line TM driver, but the truth is, the SuperTri and R11 are very different drivers. The R11 is a low spin driver and the SuperTri is a high spin driver. Both are geared towards different players.

True, the R11 is alot lower spin for me than the Supertri was.

So you are hitting it 290+ with a 100 mph ss? That is crazy distance out of that ss speed.

I get that occasionally with my 910 with the same SS

I had a 308 that was slightly down hill and a 310 last year that was uphill first but once you reach the top of the hill it is downhill. Hit a straight one last week that was 288

I had a 308 that was slightly down hill and a 310 last year that was uphill first but once you reach the top of the hill it is downhill. Hit a straight one last week that was 288

Nice!...

Back