TaylorMade R11 Irons - Review Thread - Forum Testing Reviews

Got these when they came out. You think there is enough technology out there that would make it worth a replacement?, I could definitely use more forgiveness and distance, I just don't want to fall for the release a new iron every 45 minutes strategy from TM.

Got these when they came out. You think there is enough technology out there that would make it worth a replacement?, I could definitely use more forgiveness and distance, I just don't want to fall for the release a new iron every 45 minutes strategy from TM.

Not going to comment on releasr sheduling, but as far as technology improving over a couple years id say yes.

In the end id try a few sets to see if the gains are worth the expense. With all the clubs being produce there is always a chance there is something out there that may suit your game better.

Then again these may be the best irons with you. Thats what makes it fun, going to places and trying new clubs :)

You may find a more forgiving club design. Going to a SGI design but overall, IMO, no

I was at a demo day and fell in love with the Taylormade Speed blade 6 iron. Then went to my car trunk and pulled my own R11 six iron and was hitting it just as far and just as accurately. So it reinforced how nice the R11 irons are for me. IF I were to change, I'd take a Mizuno JPX 825 and Titleist AP1 714 for comparison to see if I gained anything over the R11.

Tip Tap on my Samsung G4

I too am looking to upgrade my r11's.....great clubs but don't know if the cost is worth the gain.

I think there is value. Definitely some advancement in tech on off center strikes.

Back