TaylorMade Releases R11S Driver Preview

Just curious. If your hitting 10 of 12 fairways and hitting longer why change the shaft?

Honestly, at this point I'm thinking about sticking to the stock shaft. Hit 9 out 12 fairways today and again was hitting it further than I've ever hit it. I've never been in this kind of groove with the driver in my life, may not mess with a good thing. I guess I'm curious to see if a tour quality shaft will perform even better for me (i.e. little more distance and better dispersion). This site always gets me interested in trying out new stuff :D

This site always gets me interested in trying out new stuff :D
Ain't that the truth.

Glad to see it's working out for you. I'll be giving it a try on Monday. I hope to have similar results.

Ain't that the truth.

Glad to see it's working out for you. I'll be giving it a try on Monday. I hope to have similar results.

I've never had a tour quality shaft in my driver and I'm really curious to see if it really is better. And if it doesn't work out I can always put the stock shaft back in with a turn of a wrench.

Good luck with it on Monday C-Mac. Let us know how it works out for you.

Now I'm wondering what would happen if I removed one or both of the weights. Do the weight port holes go all the way into the head or do they stop? If they go all the way in I wonder what kind of sound it would make. Maybe I'll mess with it a bit friday just for fun. Has anyone tried this?

10yard hot melted his. I can't speak for him but what I read indicated he liked it. Till the fit came his way. I wouldn't mess around too much with the ports. Don't wanna void a warranty

Didn't need to mess with any weights or adjustments this weekend. I had my driver regripped with a medium Winn Dry Tac wrap and the difference was amazing. It no longer felt like it was going to get away from me and almost every shot was right down the middle. I wasn't even getting any draws or fades like I used to. I hope that was the fix. It's so much nicer when you have a narrow fairway and don't fear taking out the driver.

Thought I'd bump this thread. Took my R11S out on the course today for the first time since I got the Miyazaki B. Asha 4S. All I can say is WOW. This is an unbelievable combo. Hit 10/14 fairways, 71% which is a personal best. I'll post some pics but it also looks really nice. I think this is what driver love is :D

Thought I'd bump this thread. Took my R11S out on the course today for the first time since I got the Miyazaki B. Asha 4S. All I can say is WOW. This is an unbelievable combo. Hit 10/14 fairways, 71% which is a personal best. I'll post some pics but it also looks really nice. I think this is what driver love is :D

That's awesome! 10-14 fairways is amazing man. How's your ball flight look now?

That's awesome! 10-14 fairways is amazing man. How's your ball flight look now?

Similar to the RIP in terms of peak height but the trajectory is different. Gets up quick then levels off vs. the RIP which climbs then drops. Easier to control the B. Asha and cuts through the wind. Wind today was 15 mph with gusts of 20+

That's great. Congrats. It's a great feeling getting that dialed in.

Is there anything out there that perofrms like the r11s but doesnt have that obnoxious sound? I was at the range today and I cant even practice with it because it is so loud.

Is there anything out there that perofrms like the r11s but doesnt have that obnoxious sound? I was at the range today and I cant even practice with it because it is so loud.

You could hot melt it.

Didn't thainer stuff cotton into his?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I stuffed cotton balls in mine and it worked great nice Quite sound kind of a thud

I remember someone did want sure who.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

R11s is weird... with range balls it sounds like a canon... With normal balls I find it pleasing.

R11s is weird... with range balls it sounds like a canon... With normal balls I find it pleasing.
I think thats exactly the case. I hit it twice today, and I couldn't go any more because it literally hurt my ears but I never notice on the course.

Has anyone else found the stock shaft to be a little too low launching for their taste? I bought a Grafalloy Blue for mine and now I'm just waiting for spring to see if it helps me get the ball up better.

How does a closed face affect the flight of the ball compared to an open face?

it all depends on the spin but closed will start you off for a fade. Open will start you off for a draw. Again there are a few more things that go with this but that's the start

Tapa Slice

Has anyone else found the stock shaft to be a little too low launching for their taste? I bought a Grafalloy Blue for mine and now I'm just waiting for spring to see if it helps me get the ball up better.

I did until I set the loft to "higher" on mine. Now it's right where I want it

Tapa Slice

If your face is slightly closed at impact it may result in a draw, and if it's slightly open it may result in fade. Now when the loft is set all the way down to the lowest, the face driver head looks a bit open so closing the face a bit can make the driver square again, and same thing with turning the loft all the way up, opening the face will square it.

This comes in handy for individuals that have a hard time squaring the face at impact,for example say I have a tendency to leave the face a bit open at impact resulting in a straight fade,closing the face will help me get the face square at impact if I'm doing everything else properly.

it all depends on the spin but closed will start you off for a fade. Open will start you off for a draw. Again there are a few more things that go with this but that's the start

Tapa Slice

Thanks, That is just the opposite that I thought it would be. That tells me why I was slicing it when I set it all the way on closed.

Yeah I thought it (and the RBZ) were super loud hitting inside GG. But when I got my r11s outside with real balls, it didn't sound that bad to me.

Thanks, That is just the opposite that I thought it would be. That tells me why I was slicing it when I set it all the way on closed.

I think it's backwards, a closes face will create hook spin and an open face with cause slice spin unless that has changed

Back