Tell me you're old without telling me you're old

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
so tell me you're old without telling me you're old

i did like a sneeze and cough at the sometime this morning and it almost took me out. i had to grab onto the sink because the sneeze/cough throw my back out. now i'm having a tough time standing up and my back is throbbing terribly.

I was visiting in Florida last week and my son in law and I (I'm 58) played pickleball. Two days later I felt like I had played rugby I was so sore. It's embarrassing how sore I was from playing pickleball.

I injured my hamstring at bowling. Sort of.
Technically I injured my hamstring getting off a bar stool at the bowling alley.
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Peacock

My first several cars all had the high-beam switch on the floorboard, crank-up windows, cigarette lighter and ashtrays, and drum brakes.

My family’s first cell phone was in a large briefcase with a cigarette lighter battery plug. (I’m not “old” yet, but over the hill.)

I can remember when Led Zeppelin was current hit music, not "classic rock" or "oldies".

I'm not "old" yet but I had to know how to run commands in MS-DOS in order to operate a PC.

I remember gettin 14 albums from Columbia House for $.01.

My first membership at a private course was $25 as a Jr to play M-F all year.

I don't know if im old, but when i first used the internet it was over phone lines and you couldn't make calls while on it

1708796627659.png

I was in college when Motorola came out with their handheld DynaTac cell phone for $4000. It was revolutionary at the time and weighed 2.5 pounds and talk time was about $1 per minute. For a price reference, a brand new Honda Civic was $7,295 that same year. :)

After college I was working at Best Buy and the prices for those phones had dropped to about $600 with a 400 minute talk plan for $179/month, super expensive considering my monthly rent was $290 for a nice 2 bedroom apartment I shared with my sister near Minneapolis. The iPhone was still 19 years in the future and having a pager was very, very cool. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I used to have to get up to change one of the 5 TV channels we had.

I have used a rotary telephone.

I had a cellphone permanently installed in my car and at times my bill was $500 a month (I could expense it).

I was a computer science major and never understood why someone would need a computer in their house.

Back