OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
1020886577_FINALTENSEI1KBLACKSALESSHEET (1)_220906_190203_1.jpg1020886577_FINALTENSEI1KBLACKSALESSHEET (1)_220906_190203_2.jpg

Didn't see a thread and it's in a demo bag here now so I guess can be talked about.

20220906_161711.jpg

Looks great, and is a new option for more aggressive swingers. Share your thoughts if you've hit it or even you do. Should be available to hit real soon. Check the TSR bags, as it's an option in their driver heads and fairways as well.

Last edited:
I’m interested… 🧐🧐

Looks good!

90 grams 😳

I’m interested… 🧐🧐
Oh yeah, you're a Tensei guy. This might be something you need to swing. In the new TSR stuff I like it pretty well in the drivers for me. I can't say I love it overall maybe in the fairways for me, but it definitely takes a little left side out of them compared to some others.

Did not enjoy. Ended up fit into a Ventus Black in X, so we thought this might produce good numbers for me, but, it did not, the profile just didn't jive.

From a materials perspective, I was intrigued by the (prior?) AV line as aluminum vapor is an interesting process. I was never sure how much function vs. flash it really offered however. Aluminum just isn't that stiff or dense. These seem to have some of that pattern in the handle but no mention on the spec sheet? And not enough of it to appear to make a difference, may just be graphics.

Also intrigued by "XLink Tech" resin, which appears to refer to crosslinking which is what all two-part epoxy reactions do so... 🤷‍♂️. Innovation? Smoke and mirrors?

I am sure these will offer plenty to a strong player, prior White model was stronger than I was. Mitsubishi does seem to do a nice job tinkering with materials and construction and build a nice product, so I will be interested to what others have to say about these.

From a materials perspective, I was intrigued by the (prior?) AV line as aluminum vapor is an interesting process. I was never sure how much function vs. flash it really offered however. Aluminum just isn't that stiff or dense. These seem to have some of that pattern in the handle but no mention on the spec sheet? And not enough of it to appear to make a difference, may just be graphics.

Also intrigued by "XLink Tech" resin, which appears to refer to crosslinking which is what all two-part epoxy reactions do so... 🤷‍♂️. Innovation? Smoke and mirrors?

I am sure these will offer plenty to a strong player, prior White model was stronger than I was. Mitsubishi does seem to do a nice job tinkering with materials and construction and build a nice product, so I will be interested to what others have to say about these.
There's interesting early takes on some of that. Different material composition, and lacking some of the premium ones in the white.

There's interesting early takes on some of that. Different material composition, and lacking some of the premium ones in the white.

If I were guessing the 1k construction + 40 ton in the tip is what really drives this thing, and maybe an incremental tweak to resin system. AV just adds cost and marketing appeal so no need when you've got premium carbon fiber as highlights?

Feel free to torch me if I am wrong, just a guess.

Looks right up my alley with my ugly aggressive transition

I had emailed them about the difference between the 1K White Pro and the 1K Black when I was going back and forth.

Here is Mitsubishi's response:

Here are some points that explains the difference between these two shafts –

• 1K Black is a standard 1K model as opposed to a pro level model (1K Pro vs 1K)
  • 1K Pro White uses additional premium and upgraded materials, including boron in the tip section
  • 1K Black Uses Xlink Tech Resin System in tip section, 1K Pro White uses Xlink full length
  • 1K Black is heavier and stouter
  • 1K Pro White uses 46 ton pitch fiber, 1K Black uses 40 ton
  • 1K Black is USA/EU only. Non-global 1K.

It is a stock offering for the Drivers. I didn't hit any fairway woods during the fitting. The Ventus Black was a strong contender but just didn't feel right to me. I know a lot of people like that one as do the Pros.

I went blind on the build as they didn't have the exact shaft I ended up ordering. Went with some feedback from some forum smarter than me guys. Plus the fitter said he has matched it up frequently with the numbers I was showing.

Wanted to try the white as I love the non Pro version. They didn't have it.

Ended up ordering a :
20220906_185936.jpg
Really digging it so far!

At the end of the fitting I compared my TSi4 AV 65X shaft with the 1K Black 65X. By this time my swing speed had dropped. Hitting a lot of shiny can do that to you🤪.

It still kept up with my fresh numbers from the beginning with the AV White. Even though the black was 1/2" shorter in length🌋

Oh yeah, you're a Tensei guy. This might be something you need to swing. In the new TSR stuff I like it pretty well in the drivers for me. I can't say I love it overall maybe in the fairways for me, but it definitely takes a little left side out of them compared to some others.
I will definitely see if I can give it a try. Love the Tensei CK Pro White and Orange. Wouldn’t mind trying the 1K Black in my driver…

I will definitely see if I can give it a try. Love the Tensei CK Pro White and Orange. Wouldn’t mind trying the 1K Black in my driver…
Yeah I kind of struggled to do what I wanted with it in the FWs, but have been mostly enjoying it in driver. I think in the FWs I'm just used to a little more feel in my hands and it gives me a bit a pause. Less sure of the timing.

Still getting used to the combo as it is different than what I had in the TSi4. Haven't connected full force yet and that's on me. I so can't wait for that. I look at Fairways now and expect to find them when this is pulled. Today's round was special.

Still getting used to the combo as it is different than what I had in the TSi4. Haven't connected full force yet and that's on me. I so can't wait for that. I look at Fairways now and expect to find them when this is pulled. Today's round was special.
Love it!. I'm out here rocking.. about 2 out of 3 with it. It is definitely different than my Ventus Black.

Had a surprisingly good go with this on course. Had a bunch of really good controlled shots on the front. Got whippy with one, but otherwise had good control. Higher flight, or easier to hit higher than I expected. Some absolute bomb high draws. Then came into this par 5 and hit the best drive I have in recent memory with it. Just perfectly placed to take advantage of a tight and tricky hole layout and maximize the outcome.

Then wrapped a hard draw to center fairway in a 90 dogleg left, and nearly drove the green on a short par 4 dogleg right on the one after that. And was able to hit the more boring trajectory and shape to run towards the green.

It was a little shocking how well some of it went. It's an interesting offering for a stock shaft. Feels like it wants you to be aggressive in transition but controlled through the ball. If I really load into one it has to be timed well. That was the whippy one early on. Might be better there in the TX like @J4U went with.

Had a surprisingly good go with this on course. Had a bunch of really good controlled shots on the front. Got whippy with one, but otherwise had good control. Higher flight, or easier to hit higher than I expected. Some absolute bomb high draws. Then came into this par 5 and hit the best drive I have in recent memory with it. Just perfectly placed to take advantage of a tight and tricky hole layout and maximize the outcome.

Then wrapped a hard draw to center fairway in a 90 dogleg left, and nearly drove the green on a short par 4 dogleg right on the one after that. And was able to hit the more boring trajectory and shape to run towards the green.

It was a little shocking how well some of it went. It's an interesting offering for a stock shaft. Feels like it wants you to be aggressive in transition but controlled through the ball. If I really load into one it has to be timed well. That was the whippy one early on. Might be better there in the TX like @J4U went with.

That read like a dream.

I haven't started to try shaping the ball yet and still learning it's temper. It is behaving nicely at a moderate tempo, but can tell it wants more. It just goes where I point it thus far and flight is lower than I've ever seen for me. Haven't put a full load on it yet on the course and only one range session before.

Looking forward to what it can do when set free.

What is really nice? Even though the TX has not shown its potential, it feels more in control. The actual grip seems a little thicker and that could be part of it? May rip it off and put it on like my other's, or maybe not. I like to stretch the grip down a little.

I think that will hold true when given the juice. Will need to find the sequence for it, but it is still giving me as good or better distance than the 65g TSi4/AV White X pairing.

I haven't reverse paired with the TSi4 yet and never really thought about it. Might try that next range session.

Congrats on the Tensei Black journey.

I am a Tensei 1K fan. Converted to it this spring and have had my best driver performing year ever. Play the 1k Pro White in a Ping 410 plus 10.5 deg.

What is interesting is how you do not need to feel to hold back in the swing. You feel you can open your driver swing into another gear. Finding that extra gear is part of the new experience. Previous drivers had a warning disclaimer of not finding fairways or not knowing where it's going.

When your golf buddies say "you make it look easy" then you're on to the right stuff putting it all together.

The higher flight compared to my Ventus Black for me has been confirmed. Put a new head on my Ventus, hit 10, put the 1k Black in the same head. Over a degree higher launch. Which is a lot. Put the Ventus in a different head of the same loft, and got near identical launch as with it in the new (1st) head. So it's real for me.

I don't know if it's partly a feel thing in transition or through impact, but I deliver more loft with it. Was about 14' peak height higher and matches what I saw on course. So I hit this low low, higher. :LOL: Go figure.

Back