Terry Koehler Goes Off Course

I love it. It's like a total refusal to relate it to a wedge.

Just like I refuse to relate disc and golf together lmao
He mentioned it's pretty much a 10i so I can get on board with a 10 or even a P iron. But P club just doesn't do it for me lol

This was a great conversation. His design philosophy makes so much sense! And it all reinforces the performance I’m seeing from them during my testing. Wait… what? I’m not testing them any more. They are FIRMLY in the bag. I now have three other pairs of wedges for sale!

I could listen to that conversation all day. So dang interesting. Really liked the bit on better impact being key in distance + direction control instead of just swinging harder.

And when he's discussing forgiveness and a more consistent ball flight on impacts all across the face, he's speakin' my language. I think I'd benefit from an Edison fitting.

Been pondering a new 58 degree…need to read up on the testing thread. I can think of many high face misses that would seem to benefit from an Edison wedge

As always, Off Course is the highlight of my Friday workday!

Gave this another listen to/from work today, what he’s saying about more mass = more forgiveness makes a lot of sense to a higher handicapper like me. Very intrigued. That kind of forgiveness is always what I’m looking for

A lot to take in on one listen. Probably have to give it another listen. Some really hot takes.

I could listen to Terry talk wedges for a very long time. I too am one who'd benefit from added forgiveness with my wedges. Which is why I hvae one in that direction currently in the bag.

I found it really interesting when he was talking about which clubs we actually spin the most and that usually not being the highest lofted one.

Back