The 2009 Open Championship [spoilers]

Baby-shite brown makes Dent frown ... ?

Baby-shite brown makes Dent frown ... ?

If its yellow let it mellow?

A programming note for you DVRers. I havent finished watching todays coverage, but the noon airing (3 o clock in the future) seems to be wall to wall golf coverage without all of the crap I saw this morning when I was watching it live. Maybe someone else can confirm this before others change their recordings.

Jimenez is going high. +4 through 6 holes I believe and he is down to -2.

Watson drains a 25 footer on the 1st hole to drop to -6

Birdie on 1 for Watson for a share of the lead. Hope he doesn't have many 4 footers today to make!

(EDIT: You beat me!)

Well that can't be too bad? Bogey on 2 to drop back into a tie for the lead (the co-leader bogeyed too just earlier).

Nice putt by Watson on 3 to leave a tap in for par. I much rather see him hitting long putts.

There were 50 people under par in the first round. Right now, only 32 are.

Bogey on 4 after being in the bunker. Still in sight but he needs to turn it around. Unfortunately, this is kind of expected, but I am still hoping for better.

Do they not have a ten shot rule here for the cut? I see (and they just said) the cut line is +2 (even though +2 is a tie for 62nd - - or is it just top 70 plus ties here?)

That's 3 bogeys, a birdie and a par so far today. Drops to -3. Good thing the field is struggling today too. Now there are only 30 players under par.

Tiger found the fairway on 1.
EDIT: But not the green.

Sergio is playing pretty well today.

I love seeing these guys take a 3 wood into a Par 3 (even if it is 233 yards!).

Watson goes to -2, he really needs to go on a par binge right now, he's on pace for a 79 today.

I think John Daly looks ridiculous.

EJ asked if the pants come with an air sickness bag.

Another bogey. Gotta go mow, hope he gets back on track while I'm out.

is it me or has Boo Weekley lost a ton of weight? :confused2:

Well I'm back in. Looks like Watson got a couple birdies while I was out and is back to T4. I should probably leave again!

Tiger is one of mine. He is close to being done.

Woods is 1 shot outside the cut with 8 holes to go. (+4)

Watson is still at -3 and now is T3. I guess most of the scores went way up from yesterday. Only 24 players under par now.

Watson just drains a million foot putt to go to 4 under!

Calavecchia, Cink and Furyk are all right there too. Nice to see the faces I remember doing well. (Calc is T2 with Watson).

Back