The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
From the top tier of NCAA D1 to NAIA and even Junior College, discuss your college football for 2013-14 here!

usa2enes.jpg

Howl Yes!

Is it August yet?

Just figured out this was going to be Illinois's new helmets next year. I exploded..............in happiness.
illini-helmets-feather-design-concept.jpg

Just figured out this was going to be Illinois's new helmets next year. I exploded..............in happiness.
those are pretty cool looking. I'd also like to see that in matte blue. I'm a Michigan Stater and I hope they use their hydro chrome helmets more often.

I like the feather theme!

What does the top of that helmet look like? Since UI is usually on the bottom of the BG10

What does the top of that helmet look like? Since UI is usually on the bottom of the BG10

Eh. We wont be too bad this year. Looking for 7-5. We got a good squad.

Eh. We wont be too bad this year. Looking for 7-5. We got a good squad.

Sometimes hope is funny.

Don't worry btw. WI is going to be awful.

Sometimes hope is funny.

Don't worry btw. WI is going to be awful.

You lost everybody. We lost one D-Lineman, where we seem to have a plentiful amount. If Scheelhause or O'Toole can figure out how to play QB, we'll be okay.

I like having hope though, so I can actually look forward to each year. Even though I know I'm probably going to be disappointed.

You lost everybody. We lost one D-Lineman, where we seem to have a plentiful amount. If Scheelhause or O'Toole can figure out how to play QB, we'll be okay.

I like having hope though, so I can actually look forward to each year. Even though I know I'm probably going to be disappointed.

And Monte Ball.

And two linebackers.

And we were bad last year but got into the championship game because OSU and PSU were on probation.

And Monte Ball.

And two linebackers.

And we were bad last year but got into the championship game because OSU and PSU were on probation.

Yeah. No bueno. And our schedule is really easy. Hardest teams we play is Ohio State at the shoe and Nebraska at their place.

Out of Conference is S. Illinois, Cincy, and Washington. Winnable games.

And Miami(OH). Yeah...

You have UMass, Tennessee Tech, Arizona State, and BYU. It all depends how good ASU and BYU come out of the gates. Kinda like Cincy and Washington for us.

ASU always comes out of the gates strong and then goes 0-4 when it counts at the end of conference. Oh man those tailgates were fun

Don't worry, you can root for Clemson. We'll still be playing meaningful games in November. :D And hopefully January.

Auburn will be far better this year than most of the prognosticators will say, which is good, because we had nowhere to go but up. Most are going to pick us somewhere between 12th and 14th overall in the SEC, and probably won't predict more than 4 wins.

I'm going to predict a 7-5 record. Most people will see that as a big stretch, coming from our 3-8 record last year (worst season I've ever seen) and will predict us to have difficulty getting to 6 wins. However, I believe in Gus Malzahn's offensive genius and I believe he has put together the coaching staff to get the ship righted but quick. Obviously whether we can make 7-5 or get stuck at say 5-7 depends largely upon whether we can find a serviceable QB. Between the guys we have and the guys we have coming in, we should be able to find someone who will be serviceable, but you just never know until the first snap.

Auburn will be far better this year than most of the prognosticators will say, which is good, because we had nowhere to go but up. Most are going to pick us somewhere between 12th and 14th overall in the SEC, and probably won't predict more than 4 wins.

I'm going to predict a 7-5 record. Most people will see that as a big stretch, coming from our 3-8 record last year (worst season I've ever seen) and will predict us to have difficulty getting to 6 wins. However, I believe in Gus Malzahn's offensive genius and I believe he has put together the coaching staff to get the ship righted but quick. Obviously whether we can make 7-5 or get stuck at say 5-7 depends largely upon whether we can find a serviceable QB. Between the guys we have and the guys we have coming in, we should be able to find someone who will be serviceable, but you just never know until the first snap.

I don't see this team as any less talented than the 09 8-5 squad. I think you're 7-5 regular season mark is very possible. I see 3 wins in FAU, Western Carolina and Arkansas State. Tenn, Arkansas, Miss State, Ole Miss and Wash State are all very winnable. If we can pull off 3 of those 5 we get to 6 wins. All it would take is one upset of LSU, UGA, TAMU, and bama and we have 7. By no means a guarantee, but very doable. If we can end up with quality QB play I think 8 is well within reach as well.

I am an Appalachian State grad and this is our last season in FCS and I have mixed emotions. We are going to the Sun Belt which I am not excited about and we could always compete in FCS. I have no doubt we can compete in the Sun Belt but we will be a very very long time from competing for a significant championship.

Just hoping my Spartans can have a better season this year. New O-Coordinator and almost completely revamped offense are the huge questions. I see the B1G being dominated by OSU and Nebraska with their offenses, but defenses can keep you in games somehow.

This is the year for Texas. Ash is going to take a huge step this year. Mark.

I see Gordon gee is off his medication again

Some scumbag(s) broke Howard's Rock. It's a real shame so many people suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back