EXPERIENCE The 2024 SkyTrak Experience

It's not a matter of kicking the cars out. I haven't parked a car in my garage since my 22-year-old twins were born.

The problem is the rails for garage doors are only about 8 feet high, so I can't put a sim in the front 2/3'rds of the garage. The back 1/3rd of the garage where there are no rails doesn't have a height problem, but it's only a little over 9-feet from the wall until you start running into the garage door openers. Even if I removed the rails for one door and made it non-functional, each garage door is only 9-feet wide, so I wouldn't have room that way either.

Summary is, no matter where I go unless I convert both doors, I don't have much more than 9 feet of width. I'll live. An 8-foot sim is still going to be plenty nice for me. It's just not what I had envisioned.
Gotcha. Our garage has the double wide door so I don't have to deal with the rails. If the door ever gets destroyed I'm going to look at a roller door with a side opener.

Steps 1 and 2 of the garage sim build are done.

Step 1: Empty garage. From this embarrassing disaster:

IMG_0834.png

To this:

IMG_1032.png

Step 2: To the (mostly) final product - I will likely add some paint on the cinderblocks and perhaps fresh paint on the walls.

IMG_1036.png

Once this dries it's time to get on the phone with a place such as the Indoor Golf Shop and order my hitting mat and enclosure.

Last edited:

View attachment 9258417

To this:

View attachment 9258418

To the (mostly) final product - I will likely add some paint on the cinderblocks and perhaps fresh pain on the walls.

View attachment 9258419

Once this dries it's time to get on the phone with a place such as the Indoor Golf Shop and order my hitting mat and enclosure.
Dude!! That looks great. Come do my garage next:D

View attachment 9258417

To this:

View attachment 9258418

Step 2: To the (mostly) final product - I will likely add some paint on the cinderblocks and perhaps fresh paint on the walls.

View attachment 9258419

So much room for activities! You can set up a great bay there.

nice looks great

View attachment 9258417

To this:

View attachment 9258418

View attachment 9258419

That is looking really good!!

Final member of Team @Koske is done.
They had to earn it and Desmond came away the winner.

I will let Chris share some more info on how it came to be.

View attachment IMG_0851.MOV

Congrats Desmond you'll have a blast!

Congratulations Desmond and welcome!

Welcome Desmond! Going to be a great time!

Exciting day! The first piece of the simulator has arrived!

1714055324984.jpeg

In all seriousness, hitting mat, enclosure, and projector have all been ordered. The only thing not ordered yet is the bounce-back turf which I'm probably going to use some turf from Home Depot so I'll wait until everything is setup and in place before deciding how much of that I need.

Now for the long wait for shipping...

Exciting day! The first piece of the simulator has arrived!

View attachment 9260709

In all seriousness, hitting mat, enclosure, and projector have all been ordered. The only thing not ordered yet is the bounce-back turf which I'm probably going to use some turf from Home Depot so I'll wait until everything is setup and in place before deciding how much of that I need.

Now for the long wait for shipping...
exciting

Oh, same. Super high ceilings. Practical? Of course not. Fun? Yes.
Agree got 10 ft high ceilings in most of the first floor in 1870 house but wife would not be happy. If only the basement were not 7.5 ft. Got the garage though

sim2.jpg

View attachment 2CED9101-4371-4A47-92F3-F9E1E1AB6428.mov

So, because of some existing business trips, TV shoots and franchise meetings that some of the team agreed to take on while we hang at Victoria National, we had a smaller group compete in a 9 hole Puttskee: Ryan Kunst, Engagement Marketing Manager; Sabrina Naccarato, Director of Engagement; Clirim Marku, Digital Marketing Manager; Chris Kieck, Art Director; Ryan Liberty, VP of Commerce; Desmond Briones, Sr. Manager of Data Analytics and Taylor Bartlett, Director of E-Comm Design and the Jackass at the beginning of the video.

If you've never seen the Putskee, every putt is essentially a par 4. There are numbered holes all over the board from 1-6 and if you miss the board altogether you get a 6 (double bogey). Clirim started off hot with an overall score of +5 and I thought he had a real chance to win. Ryan Kunst stepped up next with a lot of swagger and I honestly thought he could take home the prize. He started off with four doubles in a row and quickly started panicking to a total of +13. Sabrina, the self proclaimed college golf hack, struggled early as well to a final score of +12. After that, Chris Kieck stepped up and fired a ho-hum +2 with a steady attempt at the 4 slot. Ryan Liberty, who cant make the event, threw down a +1 for posterity's sake. The last competitor was Desmond. He started with the awful pull you see in the video for bogey before stringing three pars together. He dropped a bogey and thought he was out, but clawed back with a birdie before finishing par-par to to win it.

The excitement is building even more now. The swag and gifts are being finalized, flights are about to get booked and we're excited to see you all in Indiana!

Love the PuttSkee.

View attachment 9260710

So, because of some existing business trips, TV shoots and franchise meetings that some of the team agreed to take on while we hang at Victoria National, we had a smaller group compete in a 9 hole Puttskee: Ryan Kunst, Engagement Marketing Manager; Sabrina Naccarato, Director of Engagement; Clirim Marku, Digital Marketing Manager; Chris Kieck, Art Director; Ryan Liberty, VP of Commerce; Desmond Briones, Sr. Manager of Data Analytics and Taylor Bartlett, Director of E-Comm Design and the Jackass at the beginning of the video.

If you've never seen the Putskee, every putt is essentially a par 4. There are numbered holes all over the board from 1-6 and if you miss the board altogether you get a 6 (double bogey). Clirim started off hot with an overall score of +5 and I thought he had a real chance to win. Ryan Kunst stepped up next with a lot of swagger and I honestly thought he could take home the prize. He started off with four doubles in a row and quickly started panicking to a total of +13. Sabrina, the self proclaimed college golf hack, struggled early as well to a final score of +12. After that, Chris Kieck stepped up and fired a ho-hum +2 with a steady attempt at the 4 slot. Ryan Liberty, who cant make the event, threw down a +1 for posterity's sake. The last competitor was Desmond. He started with the awful pull you see in the video for bogey before stringing three pars together. He dropped a bogey and thought he was out, but clawed back with a birdie before finishing par-par to to win it.

The excitement is building even more now. The swag and gifts are being finalized, flights are about to get booked and we're excited to see you all in Indiana!
I want to work there. For many reasons, but Puttskee is around the top.

Back