LIVE UPDATE THREAD The 2024 Vokey Experience at Ballyhack

What is happening in here?

Another day closer!
Excited Friday GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

With all of the new fitted wedges we’re going to see some heads spin.

Most of you guys traveling Saturday?
There's a mix of some guys travelling over the weekend. I'm driving down from Michigan tomorrow to something in NC on Saturday, then back up to Ballyhack on Sunday. Three guys are playing a round on Sunday in Roanoke.

Beautiful wedges. Beautiful course. Lets go!!!

Man, you guys have to be excited.
For those who haven't been to a Dormie Network facility before:
Jon Stewart Reaction GIF

The Goat Track and the wedge clinic sound like incredibly fun times. I'd love to know half of what the Vokey Team has forgotten about wedges.

Question for wedge clinic. During wedge fitting what comes first. Is it bounce grind and loft in that order or another combo or does that change from player to player.

More THP Experience in the very near term. Looking forward to following the fun!

Log On Ruth Negga GIF by Ovation TV

Most of you guys traveling Saturday?
I am. I fly out of Salt Lake City at around 1:30 and get into Roanoke a little after 10:00 p.m.

Question for wedge clinic. During wedge fitting what comes first. Is it bounce grind and loft in that order or another combo or does that change from player to player.
I think you first look at how far you hit pw and then start building off of that. Loft is a big part of that determination, but not the only one. After that, you look at what kind of shots you play with each wedge, course conditions where you usually play, most lofted wedge you want and figure out what might be the best setup. Then you start hitting the wedges and make adjustments in the setup.

I think you first look at how far you hit pw and then start building off of that. Loft is a big part of that determination, but not the only one. After that, you look at what kind of shots you play with each wedge, course conditions where you usually play, most lofted wedge you want and figure out what might be the best setup. Then you start hitting the wedges and make adjustments in the setup.
This would assume one is using wedges like irons. Not everybody full swings them

Participants.. if you all could make sure to have a really really good conversation about bounce and grind and grind as it relates to bounce and when and were it matters and take very detailed notes I appreciate it..

Some nice wedges are gonna be really helpful around that course 😁

Shoot, thanks for the heads up, deleted!

I was meaning to ask if the Vokey guys are mostly traveling Saturday.

I'm driving up Sunday as I'm only 5 hours by car.

I am however counting the hours until then. Irons have been regripped, cash has been acquired, oil has been changed, ready to roll.

Can't wait to get going and experience Ballyhack and meet the Titleist crew. It will be a ton of fun putting the Vokeys through the crazy places I can leave a golf ball.

This would assume one is using wedges like irons. Not everybody full swings them
You mean, assuming wedges are used for full swings? For sure, there is more than one way to build a bag. I summarized how my fitter approached it. I definitely take full swings with every wedge. Many do not. How would you do it differently?

Back