The best shot of the round

A rough day trying to work on swing changes. I was able to hit some solid shots including a hybrid that carried 240 and sat it was just short of the green for what should have been my second shot but drive #1 went bye bye past white stakes. Alas…

The approach on this hole... Well left of where I wanted to be off the tee but not horrible.

Screenshot_20231129_141846_TheGrint.jpg

It's funny how the visual makes it look like you took the Bubba watson approach with massive fades lmao

Yeah, I have no idea what that is...

The best tee shot I've ever hit on this hole... Even with my sideways align grip :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Ignore the 6i...lost my driver tag :confused:
Screenshot_20231202_173629_Shot Scope.jpg

Signature par 3 hole on the course I played today, 140 yds from the whites
Hit an absolutely pure 6 iron that covered the flag all the way, pitched perfectly hole high 5 feet from the cup & released out about 3 feet. Left me with a very slick downhill left to right breaking 8 foot birdie putt - which I drained (to my amazement) :cool:

Jarred it from 89 today. On line, just past the pin, and brought it back gently into the cup.

4th hole is a 106 yard Par 3. 7 iron landed five feet to the left of the hole, rolled right, and stopped just 4 inches from the hole.
Closest I've come so far to an ace!

Chipping was flawless this round, so as I sometimes do I picked one of those chips as BSOTR. On the 4th hole, my approach shot landed and died in a really soft spot short of the green leaving about a 90-foot chip. I struck a pop and stop that checked up one foot right of the flag.

Hit a wedge to here to set up my first birdie last round.
20231216_135350.jpg

I had 60 yards to the pin after chunking my tee shot on a par 3. I had to manufacture a shot and shortened my 75 yard swing but accelerated through hard. The ball landed a few feet short, skipped to a few feet long and zipped back to about 6” to secure the tap in par. Getting that much spin from my 54 and hitting it that close after a chunk was a huge confidence boost to get me off the bogey train.

Putting has been much better and this was one of my longer putts made this year. Great drive but hit my approach short. I can struggle with putts over 30 feet so watching a 40 foot putt curl towards the hole and drop for birdie was thrilling!

IMG_8528.jpeg

New Year's Eve Party on the 6th hole. Bunch of guys trying to get a hole in one on a 87 yard Par 3.
2nd time through my 9 iron hits the left edge of the green and rolls right, staying on the green. 3rd closest ball to the hole.

First time through the ball landed on the green in line with the pin but rolled off onto the fringe.
I play pretty good with an audience!

I had 2 great wedges today. First one was 95 yards and I hit it to a foot. The second one was 88 yards and I almost holed it. Was left with 3 inches. Wedges right now are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knock-down 5-iron into a stiff breeze to a back left pin about 20 feet.

Had 2 chips my last round which finished on the edge of the cup. Would have loved to see one drop but it was nice having a good chipping round.

Nine iron off the tee to the center of the green rolls left and stops 4 ft from the hole. First birdie of 2024!

No blow up holes so my score was 43, just one off my personal best of 42. Temperature was just 39!
I realized that the cold morning temperatures made it possible to putt through the fringe reasonably well instead of chipping today.
Forgot to recharge the GPS so I eyeballed all the distances today!

Last edited:
It wasn’t the best day for golf, but low 40s and sunny in early February meant I was still going to play. My approach came up short of the hole but I had a straightforward chip. Slight right to left break and pretty level. Picked out a landing spot where the ball should skip forward and roll like a putt and executed it. The ball tapped the pin dead center on its way in the hole.

IMG_0712.jpeg

First round of the year. Snow and cold have kept me off the course. A 5-over round isn't too bad after almost a 3-month layoff. Mostly saved by chips and pitches around the green and putting. For BSOTR we will go with a 25-foot putt that I dropped for the first birdie of the year. Honorable mention for the first chip of the year on the 2nd hole. About an 80-foot chip onto a green that sloped uphill and left big time. The ball settled in just a foot from the cup.

I've struggled to win a match when down and today was another test. Washed the front, parred a long par 3 on 17 to get the back to even in the match.

Best shot of the round was my birdie putt on 18. I pulled my drive left, ended up on the cart path. Dropped, played an iron back into the fairway and pushed a wedge right to 20 feet. My opponent putted first and pushed his putt and made par. Mine stayed true but barely got to the hole, just dropping into the front. I thought I had left it short but it dropped for the win. The walk to the car was a good one :)

I've struggled to win a match when down and today was another test. Washed the front, parred a long par 3 on 17 to get the back to even in the match.

Best shot of the round was my birdie putt on 18. I pulled my drive left, ended up on the cart path. Dropped, played an iron back into the fairway and pushed a wedge right to 20 feet. My opponent putted first and pushed his putt and made par. Mine stayed true but barely got to the hole, just dropping into the front. I thought I had left it short but it dropped for the win. The walk to the car was a good one :)
Nice! I’ll bet the lost round beer was a little colder and a little more refreshing.

Hit a high spinning chip to a downslope and somehow got it to stick near the flag to save par

I had a course management triple yesterday. My approach shot was a 130 yards to a front pin that was protected by water. I've REALLY been working on course management and since getting a Garmin watch last year playing 'back of the green yardage'. I missed a couple of scoring opportunities on the previous 2 holes and got greedy. I took a club that played to the distance rather than the back. Hit it just a little off and hit the retaining wall in front of the green.

I'm also working on bouncing back from bad holes. I pushed my tee shot and had 150 out from light rough. I played it to the back yardage and absolutely pured an iron that ended up a foot from the hole.

A bit steep with my hybrid left me 155 out. I clubbed up due to a breeze and stuck an 8i to 10 feet to set up my birdie. A baby draw that stuck the landing.

IMG_8735.jpeg

Back