CONTEST The Bracket Challenge on THP - Stanley Cup Playoffs and Thread

Huge one!

Bob getting abused.

Boston is destroying Bob.

Just got home and turned the TV on, way to go Boston!

There have been some terrible missed calls this period.

Florida what happened???

Rust? Thought Boston would come in dead and it would be opposite.
Boston has now given up 13 goals in 8 playoff games. Good defense and excellent goaltending.

Unfortunately it’s Boston in the playoffs. They always find a way to be annoying
Quoting for unfortunate truth.

Florida what happened???
Bob got demolished. Florida's defense hung him out to dry over and over.

Worst game I've seen the Panthers play all year.

The rest vs rust argument continues.

Panthers D played wishy washy and allowed the Bruins to attack down low most of the game. The rest of the team D wasn't great either. I had a feeling the long layoff would hurt them. Last year the Panthers were the ones with momentum after winning that game 7 in Boston (closer series against Toronto than the scores of the 5 games indicated) and took Toronto in 5.

Bob was hung out to dry a bit, but was also off his game. Not sure why he went into the RVH against the post on the 2nd Boston goal, a real momentum booster for the Bruins. Gave up the top corner and gave up some far side if the shooter wanted it. Usually he is square in the bfly unless the play is right around the goal or a wrap attempt.

PS. Speaking of goaltending, anyone see Kevin Weekes analysis and flopping poke check before the game last night? He analyzed the Pasta game winner against Ilya Samsonov.

Sharks get the 1st pick. I have been informed that Celebrini definitely isn't a Bedard/McDavid-type prospect but also that he is definitely the best player in this draft and going to be really good. I have no clue. But my daughter was excited and I won't have to explain tanking to her anymore.

Sweet tip on that goal

Are they the only team that plays man to man defense?
I think they are one of the few teams I've watched over the last few years who are positionally sound in most situations. It allows them to make 1+1=3 and I freaking love it.

Let’s go Hurricanes. This would be a great win. Finish it.

Back