The Caddy Girls - What?

Oh mercy! :bulgy-eyes:

My wife would be so pissed if I got a caddie out of that bunch

there is a group of girls called caddie mates in LV. They seem to be doing ok.

was going to say this also.. Par mates I think, but yeah they do alright. Many are cocktail waitresses by night and do that 2-3 days a week. They're mostly just for the amusement of tourists or rich guys who want eye candy. They'll hold the flag, be playful, some more than others depending on the size of the tip they get I'd guess

For all of those saying no thanks, what if it was a former college golf star? Or mini tour player?

I think some are making the assumption that there is a lack of knowledge based on other views.

Not sure how many of you have used these services at other courses regardless of gender.
Hell they can't know any less than most people on here :)

Something tells me they aren't very good caddies.

I'd probably be more annoyed with them being around to be honest. It's like having girls from Hooters watching people play golf just adds to a distraction. Now if they wanted to wash my car while I golf that's cool.

Last edited:
If I were down that way I would go for it.

There is absolutely no way I would pay for this service!!!! I am annoyed when events bring in strippers and stuff. It's just so sexist and I don't like it.

I'll take the cute one.

I'd probably be more annoyed with them being around to be honest. It's like having girls from Hooters watching people play golf just adds to a distraction. Now if they wanted to wash my car while I golf that's cool.

Would you hire a male caddy?

Just look at the course they are at. The Azalea Sands course is pretty crappy and the one time I played there the power drinkers, music players, cellphone users etc. had the run of the place! I'll stick to my Prime Time courses and play Long bay after 12 for $28.

Maybe I'm wrong, but if they advertise their skills by showing these types of pictures, I'd be wary of their caddying skills. They say they charge $149 per 18, and recommend one caddy per two golfers. Does that mean they carry "doubles" and carry your bag to the ball to discuss yardage, help reading greens, rake bunkers, etc? Or do they simply drive the cart to the ball? As a former caddie, I'm skeptical.

I love it, these girls can club you, read greens and talk golf with the best of them. But since they are attractive they must not know anything. Meghan has worked hard to make sure this is above board and an enjoyable round of golf for those that hire her caddie service.

I love it, these girls can club you, read greens and talk golf with the best of them. But since they are attractive they must not know anything. Meghan has worked hard to make sure this is above board and an enjoyable round of golf for those that hire her caddie service.
If that is the case, then the link to the caddie service gives absolutely no indication of them being nothing more than eye candy on the golf course that may know the very basics of the game. Even their own website makes me question the seriousness of the caddies when I see in a big header "Modeling Services".

If that is the case, then the link to the caddie service gives absolutely no indication of them being nothing more than eye candy on the golf course that may know the very basics of the game. Even their own website makes me question the seriousness of the caddies when I see in a big header "Modeling Services".

Why does it have to the case? Why does the website have to look stodgy to be taken seriously

I saw them on Shark Tank as well.
They ride in the cart with you (I can drive), they rake the bunkers(so can I), they give you distances (so does my laser), they read putts (so do my eyes), they club you (I'll pick my own clubs thanks).
I have nothing against the girls or the business model. If it works for them and their customers, terrific. It's just not for me.
I'll save the money and use it to play another round.

Let's face it, if this was Myrtle Beach Caddie Services and their website was done this way, nobody would say a word.

I give you the Bandon Dunes Caddie Services Page

[h=3]CADDIE TRADITION

At Bandon Dunes we believe that the game of golf is best experienced by walking with a caddie - truly, golf as it was meant to be. When you use a caddie, you're helping preserve a tradition 500 years in the making and giving hundreds of people the opportunity to perform their trade.[/h]
[h=3]DOUBLE-BAG CADDIES

Our caddies are some of the most experienced in the industry. Our mission is to enhance your experience and we have found that our caddies improve the flow of the game for you and your friends when carrying two bags.[/h]
[h=3]ASSIGNING CADDIES

The Bandon Dunes way is to have your caddie stay with you for all scheduled rounds of your stay, unless you choose to make a change. Our goal is for your experience to be enhanced by having a caddie and we welcome your feedback.[/h]
[h=3]CADDIE PAYMENTS

All caddie fees are to be paid by the guest directly to the caddie. Our caddies average $80-$100+ per bag, per round. We encourage our guests to base the payment on the service provided. The average caddie payment should be for a job well done. If you feel the service wasn’t up to that standard, please pay accordingly.[/h]
[h=3]GROUP CADDIES

A group caddie works with all players in your group without carrying a bag. As opposed to a forecaddie, our group caddie stays with your group and does not walk ahead. He or she will describe the best play for each hole, assist with yardages, help around the greens, tend the pin and perform any other duties required. If your group is a foursome or threesome then we recommend a payment of $30-$40 per player based on the level of service. If your group is a twosome, recommended caddie payment is $50-$60 per player.[/h]

I did think this was hilarious on their web page. .. .

Top 10 reasons why to hire the Caddy Girls.

5 ) Service- Everyone wants their balls and clubs washed by a professional!

Why does it have to the case? Why does the website have to look stodgy to be taken seriously
I never said that. All I'm saying is that the "caddy girls" don't do a good job of presenting itself as a serious caddie service as there is very little that actually makes me believe that any of the girls are nothing more than a model one pays to look good on the course. I don't see a single picture of any "caddie" doing anything remotely related to caddie duties except for one girl holding a bag in a parking lot (and doing it half a$$ed at that).

Look at their top ten reasons to hire a Caddy Girl -

TOP TEN REASONS TO HIRE A CADDY GIRL
1 ) To hurt the guys you are betting against- We're ideal for distracting and poking fun at your buddies on the green!
2 ) To do all of the things you are too lazy to do- We all know you don't feel like fixing those divots and raking sandtraps.
3 ) To make yourself look really cool and envied by other golfers- Men love to "show off" not only golfing skills, but their amazing caddies.
4 ) Pure entertainment- We are so FUN, some of us even do back flips on the back nine and bring Golf Trivia games!
5 ) Service- Everyone wants their balls and clubs washed by a professional!
6 ) The View- Sometimes a beautiful course just isn't enough...
7 ) We are the BEST and ONLY- We only hire the smartest, most outgoing, and attractive girls- we are NOT an online database hiring just anyone.
8 ) Fun Company- Driving in a cart from hole to hole listening to our bad jokes is great!
9 ) To prevent drunk driving- We are excellent cart drivers and promote proper course etiquette!
10 ) To get your beers- Who wants to wait two hours for the beer cart lady?

It is a major fail on the marketing person's end if this company wants to present itself as anything but a step above the group of exotic dancers hired as cart girls at certain golf outings. I don't know. Maybe put something somewhat serious in your top 10 reasons for hiring us???

I just find it extremely sexist. Maybe I'm just too much of a prude.

I agree with you there. They are selling to a clientele rather than what they preached on Shark tank.

I have to retract part of my statement...

It's pictures like this that I want to see that makes me take it seriously..
caddy_zps9cb01d16.png

In fact, this gallery has some good pictures of them performing caddie stuff.

http://www.thecaddygirls.com/gallery.asp?page_id=gallery&gid=23

That is the stuff that is missing and really needs to be featured too instead of just looking like a "modeling service."

If that is the case I stand corrected. But the little I saw before making my presumptuous comment didn't mention a thing about their golf qualifications - which I think is the most important asset when hiring a caddy. I wish them luck.

There is absolutely no way I would pay for this service!!!! I am annoyed when events bring in strippers and stuff. It's just so sexist and I don't like it.

Yeah, sometimes I post when my wife is in the room too...

In all seriousness, why not. If these gals can make a few dollars and provide a service that there is clearly a demand for, more power to em. Probably not for me as I prefer my golf experience to be verbally uncensored.

As someone who works in Human Resources, this is spot on. When you put a girl in that position, some idiots will feel like they own her for that round. Slap her ass after you made that birdie? Sure, why not! It's all in good fun.

Until the lawsuits start pouring in.

My thoughts exactly....... Particularly for lonely older men in bad marriages........

Maybe THP could consider working out a deal to bring/hire them for an Outing and get golfers honest impressions of their services and value during a round.This could be a stepping stone to altering the current perception.

I still think it would be fun. Fix divots, rake, pull the pin, fix some extra ball marks on the green and little golf trivia and some laughs I think it would be a good time. If I'm in that area it would be some type of golf vacation so why not, I don't think I would do it if I lived in the area though.

Back