The Catalyst. Is there a THPer that you ALWAYS seem to play better around?

xThor

AnimeGods 神 | GolfTec Experience | TravisMathew
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
After following along the amazing Morgan Cup experience this weekend, and my excitement to tune in to the WGP on Wednesday, a thought occurred to me.
@JB had an eventful round it seemed.

And I thought to myself: “you know xThor, you’ve played several rounds of golf with @JB, and he played well in every single one of them”.

So at first I was all “well, xThor, maybe he’s a streaky golfer…”

But then I had a thought “xThor, this is the internet, maybe the bad rounds are completely made up for internet purposes”

And that led me to what I personally believe to be the most correct answer: “actually, xthor maybe the key to his game IS xthor. If he has only ever played well with xthor, clearly xthor is his catalyst. His lucky charm. His la fortuna.

That ultimately seems the most logical and rational answer. So for @JB , you’re welcome.

For the rest of THP, who would be your playing catalyst? The THPer that you just always seem to play well when you are around?

I’m gonna think on who mine would be 🤔

I always play my best around @jbb2388

I always play my best around @jbb2388
Season 3 Episode 13 GIF by Parks and Recreation

I usually play really well until I go play with THPers... I've started my downward trend right on time for my October meet ups.

@jjsportz - all three times we've shared a cart I've easily played 80th percentile or higher golf for me

I played the best I've played before or since last year at the Quest Cup. I'm hoping in I can reverse whatever is going on with my game right now at the Srixon Experience in a few weeks. I need to get off the tee box in a decent manner, the rest of my game has been pretty good. The 2 way miss is killing me.

@Davidhibler I usually have a good round with. I have a sample size of 1 but I played insane golf with @Deebo76

it's @Nate for me. For some reason when we get together, he brings out my best or close to it.

I'm not sure if I play particularly better with any one THPer over another.

I will say that if you want to see two guys play some awful golf when paired together, follow a round where @ddec and I play together.

I'm not sure if I play particularly better with any one THPer over another.

I will say that if you want to see two guys play some awful golf when paired together, follow a round where @ddec and I play together.
Awful and entertaining. Cant wait to do it again.

in terms of events, @Doubleb21 and I played pretty well together in the Odyssey experience.

What if I play terrible around all of them? :cautious:

Small sample size but I played some pretty decent golf with @outlawx

I definitely don't play my best with #BigTime @Nate

Awful and entertaining. Cant wait to do it again.
I just go back to thinking about that damn tee branch on Caledonia.

I get nervous around THPrs, but I think I am getting more comfortable with the idea so it does not affect me too much.

I’ve played some pretty good golf around @mtbloco

Back