TC

Keg Thrower
Reaction score
Handicap
one of my favorite shows on TV premiers tonight at 10:00 est on discovery channel. love this show! anyone else watch it last year? or am i the only one?

one of my favorite shows on TV premiers tonight at 10:00 est on discovery channel. love this show! anyone else watch it last year? or am i the only one?

I saw the commercial and it had me relatively interested. I will probably give it a shot this evening.

I saw the commercial and it had me relatively interested. I will probably give it a shot this evening.

such a cool show man. conceptually, i love it, and some of the folks they put in there are just amazing with what they are capable of doing. i really enjoy the psychology of it the most though. if you stick with the show, you'll see what i mean.

Didn't watch last year, but I plan on getting into it this time around. I watch lots of Discovery anyway.

I'm watching deadliest catch so I'll see how I like it.

I don't quite understand this - did they know exactly what they signed up for?

TC, I love novels along these lines. Is this a carry over from last year, or are they starting fresh? It's already started so I'm taping the later showing.

Kevin

this is pretty cool so far but is there people living in those houses right across the river? they seem like nice houses with the wood fences and everything, id say hey give me some food! lol

I don't get this at all.
Who are those other people? Are they just actors?

I don't get this at all.
Who are those other people? Are they just actors?

its people that signed up to go here and live 50 days in a deserted place and try to survive with little supplies. those other people are there to try and take stuff im sure its all staged but makes for a good show.

So the ones who signed up know this is all fake?

not a clue. just picking up info as i watch lol TC will know more about it..

Not my cup of tea so far. The survival part is cool but the fake confrontations are a bit much.

Not my cup of tea so far. The survival part is cool but the fake confrontations are a bit much.
That's what I'm thinking.
I thought it was gonna be like all these people signed up for some game show or something, then this "global disaster" happened (without them knowing).

What the hell was that? He clearly said "wake me up when dinner's ready."

All of that "fighting" and nobody threw a single punch. I get the premise of the show, just hard to see past the acting.

alright tc you gotta explain whats going on, that big staged attack thing was kind of ridiculous i know i would be throwing punches and hitting people with that metal pole if they tried to take my stuff and all they did was push and shove, i think i saw one swing with a pole lol no way id be taking it that easy on someone :D

Yeah sorry TC, this is the first and last episode I'll be watching.
I would have been knocking people's heads off with those metal poles.

so the premise of the show is a few things (no, esox it's not a carry over from last year):

1. bring in people from all walks of life (they all know that they are signing up for a TV show, yes, they know that it's a "supposed" disaster of somesort, this season is obviously a medical/nuclear disease type of thing.

2. they quarantine the participants for 72 hours, alone, they also did this last year.

3. drop them off in a defined area, that they must survive in (they are given staples but they bring in these rogue types, who are actors/actresses who are told to go in and steal water, or food, or in tonights case, medical supplies). this is serious b/c the contestants have to provide themselves with water, so when you have folks coming in a taking it, you might get pissed off. they can get violent but if they touch the rogue types they must be in quarantine for 12 hours, which does no one any good, and it also plays with the contestants psychology.

the first episode is always tough to get into, i went through the same thing last year for the first couple but by about episode 3 or 4 it all changes. what happens is you see these contestants literally start believing that they are in some post apocalyptic society!!! they also come up with some awesome things.

i understand completely how some of you may feel concerning the show, but trust me, it just gets better and more intense!!!

i mean i liked it just not the staged fights, but i will still continue to watch it. thanks for the heads up! it should get interesting.

I'll give it a fair shot TC to see how it turns out.

yeah, the fights aren't staged dude, i mean no one wants pepper spray in the face, but there are rules, like no punching and whatnot. i usually don't care for all the b.s. revolved around the raiding and whatnot, but it's pretty cool to see what some of these people are capable of when it comes to creating/inventing/modifying things.

yeah, the fights aren't staged dude, i mean no one wants pepper spray in the face, but there are rules, like no punching and whatnot. i usually don't care for all the b.s. revolved around the raiding and whatnot, but it's pretty cool to see what some of these people are capable of when it comes to creating/inventing/modifying things.

for sure. i cant wait to see how they get that tractor started and i think i saw a welder in there to. should be pretty cool. BUT it would ber very hard not to throw a punch if i got hit with a pole or pushed lol

So obviously they're not allowed to literally kill any of the attackers. Doesn't that make it ridiculous to even have attackers?
Just the fact that there are cameras all over the place as a constant reminder ensures that none of them forget it's fake.

Way too fishy of a premise IMO, frankly I'm surprised the first season was successful enough to make another.
Or maybe I just need to give it some time...

TC, I think you are in Lost withdrawal dude. I'm waiting it out until the fall to latch on to anything. Been reading up (or at least as much as I can because they are withholding a lot of info) on The Event on NBC and it looks promising.

Back