Shipley's here too. Most locals call it the favorite. Not me, though. The donuts are ALWAYS wet with oil/grease! Yuck!

The place buy me always has them fresh & I've never run into that. I will admit that I've had some bad ones & learned my lesson and get there early.

I'm a big fan of jelly donuts, and bavarian cream filled donuts. I'm not a huge Krispy Kreme guy though, too much glaze for me.

I love Krispy Kreme glazed,especially if the Hot 'n 'Now sign is on meaning they are just coming out of the oven.They melt in your mouth.Also like Dunkin Donuts sugar covered creme filled.

You can't go wrong with Krispy Kreme Glazed. When I worked in KC, and had to open at the golf course, I'd usually grab a few on the way to work since they were fresh.

We've had a couple new doughnut places started here in lincoln, they make some nice more gourmet style.

But my go to is still a classic:
http://www.lamars.com/
donuts.jpg

Tim Hortons = King of doughnuts.

And I like Krispy Kreme and get them on our trips down south of the border but man knowing how much fat and calories are in those makes my stomach hurt.

I got a glazed twist and a bismark this morning from the grocery store nearby. They have a solid bakery and consistent doughnuts. Was nice.

I will admit, I am not a Krispy Kreme fan. Don't like them :shrug: I've only ever had Tim Bits from Tim Hortons. They weren't bad though.

Timbits = best. Especially if you can find the rare cinnamon dusted ones.

Ugh. The entire doughnut industry in Canada went in the toilet since Tim Hortons. Give me a Robins Donut anytime over the frozen/reheated supposed doughnuts from Tim's. But thats just my opinion.

We've had a couple new doughnut places started here in lincoln, they make some nice more gourmet style.

But my go to is still a classic:
http://www.lamars.com/
donuts.jpg

Lamar's was the go to when back in KS...

In these parts there is a place called SpudNuts that is awesome.

Jelly doughnuts!!!

Place down the street from me called Linda's donuts and they make amazing donuts especially chocolate frosted and glazed they melt in your mouth soooo good. My favorite donut though is boston cream.

Using Tapatalk

Best doughnuts I've had are from a mom and pop bakery around the corner from where I grew up. Schuyler Bakery. Been open 5 decades and my mother worked there when she was in high school. Glazed are my favorite, with jelly a close second.
enemy5yg.jpg

ezuby6eb.jpg

quve2e3u.jpg

I love the Krispy Kreme Glazed Sour Cream donut. My favorite though is the Dunkin Donut Boston Kreme.

Though when I can get back to NY, there is nothing like grabbing a box of Entenmann's chocolate or crumb donuts.

Heck, you can't go wrong with any donut!

I have to go with Bella Napoli in Latham, NY. My mom used to work at the motel near by when I was little and if we were good she would bring us home doughnuts.

There is a fairly high end restaurant in Tampa called Grille One Sixteen. They have great doughnuts as a dessert.
grille-one-sixteen.jpg

I loved Voodoo in Portland too. The doughnut itself tasted pretty good. Maybe not worth the long line, but the experience and selection are a lot of fun.

I have to go with Bella Napoli in Latham, NY. My mom used to work at the motel near by when I was little and if we were good she would bring us home doughnuts.
It's crazy, but I don't think I've ever had a doughnut from there. The only chance would've been if someone brought stuff in to work from there. It's five minutes away, and I know I've never been there.

It's crazy, but I don't think I've ever had a doughnut from there. The only chance would've been if someone brought stuff in to work from there. It's five minutes away, and I know I've never been there.

I think that needs to change.

This is a Butterfingers Maple Bar

uzyda4e3.jpg

My wifes mother lives down the street from there. I have been there quite a few times. They make good subs too.

The Doughnut Thread

The Doughnut Thread

My wifes mother lives down the street from there. I have been there quite a few times. They make good subs too.
Wait…what? Bella Napoli has subs? Son of a…

jyqa4eja.jpg

pu7u4a7u.jpg

du6e6ezu.jpg

Will be eating some of these tomorrow morning

Back