The Frys.com Open (Spoilers)

CharlieMoy

Reaction score
Handicap
Dice
Tons of buzz surrounding this one, especially after Tiger's course-record breaking 62 at Medalist. I thought I would start this one a little earlier than usual.

A couple of things come to mind during this tournament for me. Will Tiger be "BACK"? Will he fail miserably? How will this set him up for the Presidents Cup?

I hope Tiger comes back triumphantly.. The golf industry as a whole needs Tiger playing better, and better than ever. Also, I bet this one gets higher TV rankings than the Tour Championship did.

CordeValle looks like a sweet track too! Im excited to watch this one. For me, a crappy tournament with Tiger in it, is more exciting than a high profile non-major tournament with Tiger out of it.

I'd say the thread is a bit premature but I agree with everything you said... I'm thinking even a top 10 or top 5 finish will be good for Tiger's confidence

I think if Tiger wins this, he's back for good and will win the Grand Slam next year [sarcasm/].

In all seriousness, I think he'll play alright this week. The talent never left, he was just out of practice. The course record breaking shows that he's starting, and I think this week could be a big step for him.

regardless of whether he wins or not i want him to play well and hopefully be there or there abouts.it will certainly make for good watching,and shut up the harsh critics who think he will never do well again.

i hope he plays well! i think he should after having a couple weeks off

I think Tiger plays well this week. I mean, he's had more time than ever to work on his swing and his game. He's setting course records these days! If he doesn't play well can we then start assuming that his demise is far more mental than it has anything to do with a golf swing?

I hope to see Tiger play well, hopefully having Joe on the bag will give him some extra confidence again. I want to see Tiger start doing better again, I think it will make for some exciting golf again, especially after hearing so many comments from other golfers saying they no longer fear him and he doesn't have the same presence as he used to on tour. While those comments are valid because Tiger hasn't done well in so long it is almost as if they have written him off, so I hope he comes back with a vengeance and whips all their butts again.

Was that 62 shot during a casual round? WAY different than a tournament round. Good for Frys to have this guy playing, but I got sick of the hype as soon as it was announced. Glad there is football on.

This is going to be an exciting week. Hopefully all his practice rounds are extensively covered by the press so we know exactly how he's doing leading up to the event itself.

Kevin

I'm looking forward to watching some golf this week. I hope Tiger plays well and finds himself in contention on Sunday. It will be great for golf and provide some much needed confidence.

John Deere Tappin...

I hope that he plays well this week. I'm not sure where he will stand on Sunday, but it will be interesting to see.

I'm looking forward to watching some golf this week. I hope Tiger plays well and finds himself in contention on Sunday. It will be great for golf and provide some much needed confidence.

John Deere Tappin...

that and prove why he is in the Presidents Cup

I agree TC. Hes shooting well, if he cant perform under pressure, its all mental. Sounds like he needs a little Rotella.

If he plays poorly this week, I would like to see him step down from the Presidents Cup team, and let Keegan Bradley have his shot.

I think Tiger plays well this week. I mean, he's had more time than ever to work on his swing and his game. He's setting course records these days! If he doesn't play well can we then start assuming that his demise is far more mental than it has anything to do with a golf swing?

Tiger's first round is at 3:10 PM Eastern time on Thursday. He is in a group with Louis Oosthuizen, the 2010 Open Champion, and Patrick Cantlay, the amateur standout from UCLA.

I wonder what new equipment will be at this tournament? Maybe the new Cleveland Black? or the new Callaway?

I've been busy. Has anyone heard how Tiger's practice rounds have been going?

Kevin

I've thought that for a long time anyways

I think Tiger makes the cut. That's a result for him. Probably with rounds of 61/80. :wink:

Golf Channel has already announced that TW will be the featured group for all 4 days. Gee, big surprise there.

Golf Channel has already announced that TW will be the featured group for all 4 days. Gee, big surprise there.

So they're going to show him packing, eating lunch and leaving on the Sat morning? Wonder what Sunday will be? Maybe a later broadscast needed for that one.

So they're going to show him packing, eating lunch and leaving on the Sat morning? Wonder what Sunday will be? Maybe a later broadscast needed for that one.
They show high lights from his last win. When was that again???

I've been busy. Has anyone heard how Tiger's practice rounds have been going?

Kevin

A tournament practice round isn't too good to use since they hit multiple balls off each tee and into the green. I'd be more wondering if the majority are going straight and a consistent distance though.

Sunday will be an all day special of him curled in the fetal position crying into his pillow while shawn foley stroke his head and murmurs soothingly to him

I started to really pity the guy around the PGA Championship.

Back