The gloves are off!

julie_m

EveryoneLovesACallyGirl
Reaction score
So I was getting credit collection calls that were driving me up the wall. They weren't for me! Or Josh. All for random people I've never met. (My guess is they have the same last name?) Four, five times a day, from eight in the morning til nine at night, weekends and holidays included.

I was out of ideas since they weren't taking me off their list, apparently. So I reported them to the Better Business Bureau. It worked well for that one company, the one in my city. Calls stopped, I was happy.

From there, the Attorney General wrote me. And called me. Wanting very much to talk to me, in person. I went in sort of grudgingly and they interviewed me in this fancy schmancy office and told me all this stuff about how these creditor companies are out of control in this economy, and breaking the law, and told me all about their practices and what parts are legal and what aren't. They asked me to sign an affidavit and continue reporting on them.

The evening of Christmas Eve I screamed at one lady for harassing me on a holiday (not even calling for me, remember) and so no more calls from that company. The third biggie also stopped calling, on their own, mysteriously.

I hadn't thought much about it all until yesterday, the BBB wrote me to see if a Fox reporter could interview me about these companies. So their crew is coming over tomorrow to do that. I would've never thought one email to the BBB would lead to all this. It's funny to me, everyone talks about taking down a company through the law, or going to the media.....I'm actually going to do it. Entirely unintentionally, but still kinda cool and funny when you think about it!

Anyone had stories like mine, with these callers?

Great there goes your head. Put a lady in front of a camera and she thinks she runs the world. :tongue: Just kidding. I can't say I've received calls for other people but I do like to screw with them when they butcher my last name. I just tell them they have the wrong number. :smile:

You'll have to post a link to the story so we can watch you.

We moved into a new house a couple of years ago and very shortly after moving in, we got a phone call from a collection agency. They wanted me to contact our neighbor across the street and tell him to call them. I gave them a very polite "Hell no" and hung up. They never called back.

A year or so ago, a guy that used to work where I do apparently used my name as a reference or something on a car loan. He then proceeded to default on it and they were calling me to get in touch with him. I made sure I let them know it was done without my permission and they left me alone.

Bogey, I get that a lot. People call up and mispronounce my last name and I give them the "wrong number" response and hang up.

Julie are you going to be on TV? If so, if you find the interview on the internet, please post it :D

I hate it when the news crews come over because we have to clean the house!

That's pretty cool Julie, let us know how it goes.

Next time a telemarketer, or collection agent calls, take a message.

Give the number to your most obnoxious friend, it'll make for some drunk-dial comedy gold.

Julie are you going to be on TV? If so, if you find the interview on the internet, please post it :D

Will do

Next time a telemarketer, or collection agent calls, take a message.

Give the number to your most obnoxious friend, it'll make for some drunk-dial comedy gold.

The most amazing drunk dial I ever saw (remember I was sober, so it actually was a funny call) was this guy I was dating to Kevin Trudeau. Awesome! On occasion, I wish I had a video camera phone!

Well, that was a trip. I was nervous, they were nonchalant, haha.

The story will be on Mon 1-26, I'll post the link.

There is no 26th month!!!!!! :D

jk, jk

LMAO. Looking at UK sites I always have to remember people over there don't do it right! LOL

There is no 26th month!!!!!! :D

jk, jk

Geez,

In the U.S., we put the month first, then the day, then the year.

I have no idea why.

EDIT: Man I type slow.

You dont say January 26th. You say the 26th of January. Its just logical, you know? (I'm aware that in the States, you do in fact say January 26th,sometimes)
Just like the spelling of colour and favourite.

Geezer,
You have me in your corner on the dates. Not the U in those words those....hehe

Geezer, I like your Style.

Favourite and Colour should always be spelt with a U in it. :D

Oooohhh yeah!!
The English did invent the language after all, its only right that we should spell the words correctly (even if we don't pronounce them so).

There's an Agatha Christie mystery that plays off the date confusion. The killer had an alibi for July 8, but the murder was August 7, or some such nonsense...

You all got me. The story will be on the first of Twentysixuary.

Back