The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats One-T, what a dream come true.

Well, I am officially heading to THE MASTERS TOMORROW!!!!!

A lady at my dads church had 2 tickets. I sure hope it doesnt rain!!!

enjoy it! Wait till you see how cheap all that stuff is compared to other tournaments. It will blow your mind. And those Pimento Cheese Sandwiches are delicious

My dad is taking me, it was a last second thing. A lady from his church couldnt make it there. here daughter was supposed to meet her to get the tickets, so, she offered them to my dad for the Thursday round so we can get the tickets to her daughter. Make sense?

[Activate TC Voice]
Uncle Daddy always liked you better.
[Deactivate TC voice]

One-T, couple of quick hits from when we went:

- Go to the tee box at 14. Players stand about 3 feet from you and you can see the 13th green really well.
- Amen Corner. Go there. See it. Stay a bit. But really can only watch tee shots from the par 3 12th hole. Much better holes to watch on.
- Go to the tee box at the par 3 6th hole. You can watch the 5th green, 6th hole and can sneak a peek at the 16th green all from up there.
- Go and stand behind the 7th green, just to the right of it. You can see the 2nd green/fairway, the 3rd tee box, the 7th fairway green and watch them tee off on the 8th hole. So great.

Enjoy One-T!!!!

thanks for all that info man!!! Thats cool!
Congrats One-T, what a dream come true.

it sure is buddy
enjoy it! Wait till you see how cheap all that stuff is compared to other tournaments. It will blow your mind. And those Pimento Cheese Sandwiches are delicious

I can promise you I will eat one. maybe 3
That is so stinking cool One-T. Have fun and take pics (if it is allowed?).

I dont think its allowed bro

Oh, and leave your cell phone in the car. If they catch you with it out they will throw you out.

Oh, and leave your cell phone in the car. If they catch you with it out they will throw you out.

but...you can get in with it? I thought they would search you. haha.

but...you can get in with it? I thought they would search you. haha.
They do scan you so I guess it would be picked up then? They have people everywhere and you don't even know it. It's like the secret service but dressed like the rest of us. We had someone come up to us on the 10th fairway and told us we were being too loud and if we had a problem. We kindly said no sir and moved on our way. Of course, we had maybe been drinking a tab bit about then.

That's awesome One-T! Have a great time!

They do scan you so I guess it would be picked up then? They have people everywhere and you don't even know it. It's like the secret service but dressed like the rest of us. We had someone come up to us on the 10th fairway and told us we were being too loud and if we had a problem. We kindly said no sir and moved on our way. Of course, we had maybe been drinking a tab bit about then.

hahaha....dude, I appreciate the info

Congrats One-T!!

Some other things I didn't see previously mentioned:
  • Don't pay to park, the National has free tournament parking across Berkman Road from the course.
  • If there is somewhere you want to sit and watch later, take your chairs to that spot and leave them until you're ready to sit...no one will touch them.
  • No cameras on tourney days (per Jake's question).
  • There is free bag check around the entrances where the gift shops are.
  • Wear comfortable shoes, the course is way hillier than it looks on TV.
  • As far as viewing spots, in addition to Nate's comments, my favorites are: hill to left of 16th, or hill between tee and green on 6th (where players actually hit over your head), ninth green.
  • Agree on 11 green and 12 being a bit disappointing as a spectator because you can't get near them.
  • Enjoy the hell out of it!!

Score for One-T! Lucky you. Have fun buddy.

secret is safe with us dude...have fun!

Spoiler
*sends text to TC*

yeah, dont tell my bro, he will be pissed. hahaha

Wow, that is absolutely amazing. And your brother is going to kill you.

My Bridgestone driver for the Morgan Cup arrived and I also received an email confirmation from KBS that the shafts I won in the Twitter contest have officially shipped!

My Bridgestone driver for the Morgan Cup arrived and I also received an email confirmation from KBS that the shafts I won in the Twitter contest have officially shipped!
Now thats awesome.

Sweet!! That's definitely a hhjj!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just signed the lease on an awesome apartment here in Oregon. Plus, unexpectedly, I got to go into Intel today and take a tour and meet the group I'll be working with. I'm super stoked. Less than a mile walk to work and 100 yards from a cigar shop.

Just got my new laptop. Fun.

Just signed the lease on an awesome apartment here in Oregon. Plus, unexpectedly, I got to go into Intel today and take a tour and meet the group I'll be working with. I'm super stoked. Less than a mile walk to work and 100 yards from a cigar shop.

Good luck, man! Glad to hear this! Now you have to update your location.

Just got my new laptop. Fun.

What kind of laptop, man?

I posted this in the What did you shoot today thread for my wife, but I am putting it here too, because I am HHJJ about it!

This isn't me, this is a score from my AWESOME wife!

39 on the front nine. Back nine was backed up so she played the front again. 39 again. Then she went to the back nine. Shot 43! So she shot 78 or 82, however you want to look at it. Beats my best by 1!

By the way, this is her first time breaking 90 and she didn't start playing until the Summer of 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back