The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have certainly been a good sport about it thanks and good luck with the new stance

A picture truly is worth a 1,000 words (or jokes, laughs, etc)....So after seeing me and my 'Constipation Stance' posted all over THP I realized that my initial set-up could use some tweaking. I was following the advice of 'feel like you're leaning against a chair' a little too much and found myself 'sitting in it.' Lately I've been concentrating on standing more upright and bending more at the waist and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm getting more coil, shoulder turn, and arm extension on the backswing and a more fluid downswing and follow-through which is translating into longer and straighter drives than I had before. So thanks THP for taking that picture of me!

See? Nothing wrong with a little "constructive" criticism.:D Although I fear we might have taken it too far, thanks for being a good sport with all of this! I'd have to say, you're probably the most popular guy on here now!

not really but if I am it's for all the wrong reasons lol

congrats gchick!

thanks SH! so far so good

Two HHJJs:

First, during a conversation with a co-worker, I learned that JetBlue flies down to Long Beach airport from PDX, about $100 cheaper than the big airlines and the first checked-in bag is free. Booked flights for all four of us for August and saved $400. :bananadance:

Second, I received some free goodies from Nike. I save CokeRewards points and got a pair of flip-flops for me and two pairs of shorts for my wife. Free is a very good price! :banana:

When are you heading down in August? I'm probably going to get together with some of the SoCal folks for a little small ball in August as well.

Two HHJJs:

First, during a conversation with a co-worker, I learned that JetBlue flies down to Long Beach airport from PDX, about $100 cheaper than the big airlines and the first checked-in bag is free. Booked flights for all four of us for August and saved $400. :bananadance:

Second, I received some free goodies from Nike. I save CokeRewards points and got a pair of flip-flops for me and two pairs of shorts for my wife. Free is a very good price! :banana:

And with Jet Blue, you get cable TV and your own TV at that :D

And with Jet Blue, you get cable TV and your own TV at that :D

Cool. We've never flown with them and were just looking for the lowest price. The TV is a bonus, thanks!

Cool. We've never flown with them and were just looking for the lowest price. The TV is a bonus, thanks!

They don't go very many places, in fact, Long Beach is the only place they flight in/out of around here :(

Hooray--no shoulder surgery for me. Just lots and lots of stretches. Between my knee and my shoulder, I get to spend every waking moment stretching.

Hooray--no shoulder surgery for me. Just lots and lots of stretches. Between my knee and my shoulder, I get to spend every waking moment stretching.

That's good news Claire! :thumb: Shoulder surgery is no fun. I'm still in PT for my RC tear and repair. In fact, I have a PT appointment today.

Last edited:
Good news Claire! Jacqui might have to get a torn meniscus (cartilage) fixed.

Good news, and there's nothing wrong with being really, really, flexible.

Kevin

so glad to hear that CfC. that's outstanding news. we should all stretch more anyway.

They don't go very many places, in fact, Long Beach is the only place they flight in/out of around here :(

Besides Burbank and LAX. LAX only deals with their East coast flights and I have used them to Vegas out of Burbank before.

so glad to hear that CfC. that's outstanding news. we should all stretch more anyway.

Tell me! Too many years of running and weightlifting without stretching. Stretching is boring.

great to hear Claire! now get stretching!

My mom went to a fundraiser last night:

when I woke up this morning I saw a huge framed Gift Certificate. My mom won:

a 52" Samsung LCD TV
a PS3 with Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, and 3 other games
a surround sound system
5 Blu Ray movies.

I'm kinda sad though cuz since we already have 2 bigscreens we aren't sure what we are going to do with this one. I don't want them to sell it either.

I'm kinda sad though cuz since we already have 2 bigscreens we aren't sure what we are going to do with this one. I don't want them to sell it either.

I'll send you my address Dent. Let me know the shipping charges of that TV and I'll paypal it to ya! hehehe

Re: The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Dent said:

a 52" Samsung LCD TV
a surround sound system
5 Blu Ray movies.

Sounds like a great THP Prize Pack. Just saying lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stuff can move straight to your room, can't it?

a 52" Samsung LCD TV
a surround sound system
5 Blu Ray movies.

Wow, Dent. Get her to enter the R9 contest. She's one lucky Manitobianette.

Kevin

Haha, I'll have to enter some contests to test my luck now. I think whats going to happen is one of the TV's is going to move to my parents room, and the big one is going to go upstairs. Or we are going to sell the upstairs one, which is kind of sad as well.

payday

I have had two horrible weeks, but just got my first pedicure of the season today. Pink toes make me smile. Wearing flipflops does too.

I have had two horrible weeks, but just got my first pedicure of the season today. Pink toes make me smile. Wearing flipflops does too.

sorry to hear you've had a couple of rough weeks, but i'm sure putting flipflops on just has to make you feel better! hope you're well D, i've missed you around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back