The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigger screen? I think that will be the main difference besides faster dual core processor and more memory.

If it is just the screen and memory no reason to upgrade for me. Faster processor is interesting but is if the price drop is significant I will likely go with the iPhone 4 and put the savings towards golf.

If it is just the screen and memory no reason to upgrade for me. Faster processor is interesting but is if the price drop is significant I will likely go with the iPhone 4 and put the savings towards golf.

My sentiments exactly. Signs point to a minor upgrade and that's it (like a 4GS). Oh and I heard better camera as well if that's important to you. Regardless I'm just waiting for the price drop. I feel all nekkid without a smart phone right now. It sucks.

So if it runs out to be a iPhone4S will you be disappointed? Personally I won't be because it's exactly what I thought apple would do. Save their big upgrade for next year, hence why I bought my iPhone back in feb.(Verizon)

Looking at getting my first iPhone and was wondering what the typical price drop on the old model is when the new one comes out.

iPad 2 will be dropping in price with the iPad 2+ coming out in the next 45 days too.....

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

bgr is reporting that pre-orders for the iPhone5 could start as early as this week and on Sprint too.

bgr is reporting that pre-orders for the iPhone5 could start as early as this week and on Sprint too.

Just read that, saw that preorders could start this week and iPhone 5 could be shipped first week of October.

I've been waiting to see what they come out with, holding off on my upgrade. As a non-smart phone user, not really sure what I need and what I don't, but eagerly looking forward to see what apple has to offer in the latest round of offerings.

Aww snap. What's more exciting? These rumors or the little THP birdie

So if it runs out to be a iPhone4S will you be disappointed? Personally I won't be because it's exactly what I thought apple would do. Save their big upgrade for next year, hence why I bought my iPhone back in feb.(Verizon)

Not at all, more than happy with my 4

I hate those screen protectors though. Even the non anti-glare ones stink in my opinion.

The ones that come with the Otter Box Commuter (the mid-level one) are really good. Had them on my BrickBerries and now on my iPhone. No scratches, no bubbles, no peeling, and on the iPhone it's cut to fit perfectly- you don't even know it's there.

The ones that come with the Otter Box Commuter (the mid-level one) are really good. Had them on my BrickBerries and now on my iPhone. No scratches, no bubbles, no peeling, and on the iPhone it's cut to fit perfectly- you don't even know it's there.
The ones that came with my Incipio Feather are really good too, can't even tell it's there.

So the imessenger and notification bar that are coming out.. Aren't those just updates to the OS that will be available for the 4 as well?

So the only real changes will be a larger screen and a faster processor?

Tapatalking from my iPhone

So the imessenger and notification bar that are coming out.. Aren't those just updates to the OS that will be available for the 4 as well?

I heard camera upgrade as well.

ios5 is going to be a pretty good/big update. it's coming to the iphone4 and I believe 3GS but not 3G.

The rumor is a 8mp camera.

The rumor is a 8mp camera.

I hate this in phones. It becomes too large to send and the quality does not improve a whole lot with a few more (5 to 8) megapixels.

I hate this in phones. It becomes too large to send and the quality does not improve a whole lot with a few more (5 to 8) megapixels.

Even with the camera that is on the phone now, uploading/sending pictures takes a good while if not on WiFi. If you want it done on 3G, you usually have to drop the file size.

Unfortunately, most people do not realize what the difference in megapixels are, most people just assume that more is better.

I agree. Having a larger size picture but substandard optics really does nothing for camera phone pictures. I'd be fine with better 5mp camera optics.

Even with the camera that is on the phone now, uploading/sending pictures takes a good while if not on WiFi. If you want it done on 3G, you usually have to drop the file size.

Unfortunately, most people do not realize what the difference in megapixels are, most people just assume that more is better.

I agree. Having a larger size picture but substandard optics really does nothing for camera phone pictures. I'd be fine with better 5mp camera optics.

Agree. The new Berry takes pretty good pictures and downsizes for you in sending which I like, but only in messaging and not in Email. I wish they would stick with 4 or 5 and keep it that way across the board.

Agree. The new Berry takes pretty good pictures and downsizes for you in sending which I like, but only in messaging and not in Email. I wish they would stick with 4 or 5 and keep it that way across the board.

I know this is the iPhone thread but speaking of the new blackberry I saw the new Bold. Wow that thing is pretty nice. Not sure I'd ditch the iPhone for it but I was impressed.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

So now that I am finally not on my phone every other minute, the battery life is excellent. 88% after unplugging at about 10 this morning, using a bit of music, making some calls, sending a few texts, and looking at a few emails.. Oh, and tweeting a picture of my golf ball plugged on the course haha.

I can fully deal with 88%!!!

So now that I am finally not on my phone every other minute, the battery life is excellent. 88% after unplugging at about 10 this morning, using a bit of music, making some calls, sending a few texts, and looking at a few emails.. Oh, and tweeting a picture of my golf ball plugged on the course haha.

I can fully deal with 88%!!!
Yea I love the battery life. With SBSsettings I can check what processes are running with the swipe of q finger and kill whatever isn't necessary. It's a handy app to maximize battery life. Bc hen you think you close a program, it still runs in background.

The map, gps, is the worst.. Always have to make sure that's off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back