The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

This might have been shared elsewhere so apologies if that’s the case.

I like a brand actually just coming out and taking a stance one way or another rather than staying quiet and pretending like nothing is going on tbh. Will it turn off some? Yep. But atleast it’s not trying to ignore the whole thing. I don’t really watch it but I always find it strange when a LIV wins and the brand doesn’t say anything as though they rather pretend they don’t exist but yet that player has a contract with them for exposure.

Last edited:

This might have been shared elsewhere so apologies if that’s the case.
This guy is a bigger idiot than I thought.

Bitching about Saudi money yet is sponsoring Celine Boutier who plays on the Saudi money Aramco Series.

Do these people stop and think before they get on their soapbox.

Aramco is different, that's basically an event with prize money from the Saudis, the players themselves are not Aramco employees.

LIV is an entire tour, and it's players are on the Saudi payroll, they are contracted employees of the PIL.

Is there a fundamental difference? maybe not, but I think it's fair to say there are some key differences that allow detractors to complain.

There is a big difference between doing business with the Saudis (Aramco) than being owned by the Saudis (LIV).

Last edited:
I like a brand actually just coming out and taking a stance one way or another rather than staying quiet and pretending like nothing is going on tbh. Will it turn off some? Yep. But atleast it’s not trying to ignore the whole thing. I don’t really watch it but I always find it strange when a LIV wins and the brand doesn’t say anything as though they rather pretend they don’t exist but yet that player has a contract with them for exposure.

It feels so weird for me to be in agreement with Bob Parsons on something, yet here we are.

There is? What is the difference?

There are definitely differences between doing business or someone have stock/investments in something and an organization actually owned by the people. Another way of looking at it is if say I have stock in Disney I know Saudi does too but that’s an open business. Anyone can invest. But if I invest in say LIV I know the actual owner are the Saudis. I’m investing in them directly.

There are definitely differences between doing business or someone have stock/investments in something and an organization actually owned by the people. Another way of looking at it is if say I have stock in Disney I know Saudi does too but that’s an open business. Anyone can invest. But if I invest in say LIV I know the actual owner are the Saudis. I’m investing in them directly.
Aramco ain’t no Disney.

Thats not really the same thing as doing business with them though.

Sure anyone can invest including the US "Today, the $54 billion U.S.-Saudi Arabia trade and investment relationship creates thousands of jobs in both countries. " " United States Exports to Saudi Arabia was US$11.56 Billion during 2022, according to the United Nations COMTRADE database on international trade. United States Exports to Saudi Arabia - data, historical chart and statistics - was last updated on March of 2023 "

The bottom line will always be for the money.

I did not realize Saudi Arabia had two different oil systems, one that produces tour tolerable oil money and one that doesn’t.

I guess as long as the two different wells don’t dip into the same pool of crude, it’s acceptable and we should believe that right?:dohanim:

Aramco is different, that's basically an event with prize money from the Saudis, the players themselves are not Aramco employees.

LIV is an entire tour, and it's players are on the Saudi payroll, they are contracted employees of the PIL.

Is there a fundamental difference? maybe not, but I think it's fair to say there are some key differences that allow detractors to complain.
So now we’re going to start with mental gymnastics to try and justify Bob’s stupid and hypocritical statement.

Celine Boutier is accepting money from the Saudis. What's the difference if you are an employer or not if you take the Saudi money you took the Saudi money and Bob’s beef was Saudi money. PGAT players take Saudi money.

It's not the source of the money that’s the real issue, it's the concept that LIV is PGAT competition.

Aramco Series is not a threat to the PGAT and the LPGA and LET are so desperate to grow women's golf that they were willing to work with the Saudis. PGAT is not desperate hence why they wouldn’t work with the Saudis.

It's also the reason the PGAT is okay with teaming up with Saudi money Aramco Series players at the end of the year for a mixed-team event. The women are not a threat to PGAT the LIV men are the threat.

The Saudi money rhetoric is so overplayed and makes no sense if you realized where the money was really coming from.

Bob was trying to grandstand and if we had legit golf media they would challenge him on this Saudi money double talk.

He talks about how he is a Veteran and 9/11 blah, blah, blah. His own government investigated these claims for 3 years and found no evidence of Bob’s 9/11 accusations, he is starting to sound like Jay with his new found alliance with the 9/11 Justice group.

20 years after 9/11 last year is the year the PGAT decides it wants to sit down with the 9/11 Justice group and Jay being the generous guy he is hooked them up with the PGAT PR firm.
No ulterior motive here folks, nothing to see.
They even inked a letter after the meeting to Jay thanking him for fighting against “bloodmoney”

I’m surprised Bob didn't go full board and call it bloodmoney.

How folks can’t see the real motives here is beyond me. 🤷‍♂️

Welp those new irons I am considering will not be PXG.
Question. So if every brand came out today and said they don’t support LIV you would just give up golf? See I don't hate LIV (I‘m not fond of it especially Norman.) but lets say I did that would mean I could only buying PXG because the other brands have not spoken out and still have players on their roster that play for LIV. I don’t know seems excessive.

Last edited:
Question. So if every brand came out today and said they don’t support LIV you would just give up golf? See I don't hate LIV (I‘m not fond of it especially Norman.) but lets say I did that would mean I could only buying PXG because the other brands have not spoken out and still have players on their roster that play for LIV. I don’t know seems excessive.

No, not a good enough reason to give it up. Especially if one considers, some decisions are made based on picking the lesser of two evils. Not all options are roses.

Guarantee you many on here are playing clubs based on fit, and those clubs were not their first choice, or what they hoped to be fit for. Don’t see your scenario being any different. 👍

Was anyone really considering them before?
I’m not a fan of PXG tbh but this is being ridiculous /bias. PXG was named one of the fastest American companies three years in a row as of last year. They have some celebrities telling their stuff and one of the biggest golf influencers (Yes I know the person is known more for other things than golfing.)

I’m not a fan of PXG tbh but this is being ridiculous /bias. PXG was named one of the fastest American companies three years in a row as of last year. They have some celebrities telling their stuff and one of the biggest golf influencers (Yes I know the person is known more for other things than golfing.)
I mean, they sure do know how to annoy people with their marketing, and I'm sure there are people who play them, but I don't know anyone who considers them in the realm of a top tier brand (despite what they say.) I don't know a single person (on a personal level) who plays them, or who has even considered them when shopping for new sticks.

Again, that's certainly not to say people don't play them - I'm sure some do - but my comment is based entirely on first hand experience, and I don't find my experiences to be ridiculous in any way.

The whole thing sounds more like Bob Parsons doing everything he can to get eyes on his brand.

Last edited:

I saw the Gen 6 - the color combo on the back 👎 imho.

If you are referring to Paige, my son's internet love o_O, she plays Mizuno irons.

I have no idea what this means. Fastest ball speed? Fastest to drain your wallet? Fastest to be thrown in the trash?
Fastest growing companies man. Stop being ridiculous man.

Fastest growing companies man. Stop being ridiculous man.
Growth has been great, but it has to be apples to apples.
They went from 0 to whatever it is now through heavy discounts. Its easier to go from nothing to millions when profit is less of a concern because its through building. Hard to compare that to larger brands like a TItleist or Ping that have been doing this for decades.

Although that really doesnt have a lot to do with LIV. He came out for a PR stunt to say he was not offering a renewal to a couple of players that most havent heard of. :D
And I think it was a pretty smart move. Players at that level are not flocking to the gear the way many invisioned.

Ok man (or should I say Mr. Parsons?:unsure:,) cite your source. I don't see them in the top 500 from FT in 2022

FWIW although this thread seems to have taken another dive off the deep end.

Back