The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

It will never be a Tiger like run because he doesnt care about golf like Tiger did. He might win a few majors in a row but even that isnt "Tiger-like". The further removed from that time of dominance the looser that term gets used lol
Tiger-like in terms of winning 30-50% of tournaments he enters. Maybe it's a good thing that he isn't like Tiger in terms of his priorities in life (family being #1).

And that is that

If he does, that's the biggest overpay/worst contract in Sports history. And it's not even close.
I wonder what he brings for that money. I know i won’t suddenly seek out ways to watch an LIV Tournament because Rory is playing. Maybe thats just me but i doubt it. And 2% ownership. What does that consist of. Does LIV have assets. Is it making money . Not sure of the value ( or lack thereof ) in that.

Last edited:
I wonder what he brings for that money. I know i won’t suddenly seek out ways to watch an LIV Tournament because Rory is playing. Maybe thats just me but i doubt it. And 2% ownership. What does that consist of. Does LIV have assets. Is it making money . Not sure of the value ( or lack thereof ) in that.
Perhaps he would bring more European viewership? Maybe? I like Rory, unlike most, but I do not tune in to a tournament just because he is there.

Perhaps he would bring more European viewership? Maybe? I like Rory, unlike most, but I do not tune in to a tournament just because he is there.
I think there would be a decent sized segment of the US. Rory is popular. Just not as much so here.

I also like Rory and enjoy watching him play but i think other than Tiger in his prime there is no player i would go out of my way to watch on LIV. I am not anti LIV i just have no interest in it .

I also like Rory and enjoy watching him play but i think other than Tiger in his prime there is no player i would go out of my way to watch on LIV. I am not anti LIV i just have no interest in it .
Tiger doesn't only move the needle; He is the needle. I firmly believe that other thanto watch him , many people, me included, aren't tuning in to watch specific players. People are tuning in to watch golf in general or the tournament going on..

Tiger doesn't only move the needle; He is the needle. I firmly believe that other thanto watch him , many people, me included, aren't tuning in to watch specific players. People are tuning in to watch golf in general or the tournament going on..
Love you saying Tiger “Is the needle”. Perfect. Reminds me of Reggie Jackson saying “I am the straw that stirs the drink”

Brooks. Bryson. Rahm.

Brooks. Bryson. Rahm.
I like watching them play particularly Bryson to see what he is going to do. But not enough to search somewhere to watch them other than the Majors particularly around here when the weather is great and i want to be outside golfing or doing something. Ill say as i have said in the past i like primetime nighttime golf like in January when the LPGA is on from Hawaii at night. Now if LIV was on at night it might be a different story

Well for me +16 not only is not the needle but was not moving it either. Let me see the real players.

Love you saying Tiger “Is the needle”. Perfect. Reminds me of Reggie Jackson saying “I am the straw that stirs the drink”
I think it's better to let other people say things like that about you rather than saying them yourself. To Tiger's credit, I don't believe I've ever heard him make that kind of statement about himself.

He would have to take over an established team to make the shotgun start still work
Why? Can't you have 72 people on the course before the shotgun start doesn't work?

I think there would be a decent sized segment of the US. Rory is popular. Just not as much so here.
He is popular. Not as much as he was however.
If you are on social media, it’s a very polarizing player, it’s not just a THP thing. When you say polarizing things, be it political or anything else, you are going to alienate a fan base.

Why? Can't you have 72 people on the course before the shotgun start doesn't work?
Yes, but that is a foursome at every hole. Currently play threesome. How long would foursome take? Truly don't know bc no tour plays in them.

This might be the greatest heel turn since Darth Vader!
darth vader GIF
Sad Without Me GIF by Travis

Rory was already heel. Just ask @JDax

rule number 1..

"Never believe a report until it has been officially denied"..

This is coming.
Like the vote of confidence for a coach mid season.

He is popular. Not as much as he was however.
If you are on social media, it’s a very polarizing player, it’s not just a THP thing. When you say polarizing things, be it political or anything else, you are going to alienate a fan base.
For sure. Just see more hate here than anywhere else. Albeit, I am here more than anywhere else as well..

I think it's better to let other people say things like that about you rather than saying them yourself. To Tiger's credit, I don't believe I've ever heard him make that kind of statement about himself.
I agree i just think “ The straw that stirs the drink” is a classic line and lol I'm a Red Sox fan

Good call. Would not be good for your wedge game or putting stroke

Back