The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

We will definitely have a forum viewing blooper reel, because while there were tons of great shots, we have seen a few that made GG just laugh hysterically. My favorite is DHJKelly almost killing War Eagle.

We will definitely have a forum viewing blooper reel, because while there were tons of great shots, we have seen a few that made GG just laugh hysterically. My favorite is DHJKelly almost killing War Eagle.

If you guys find my second shot on #9 from that morning, it deserves to be in that blooper reel. I almost fell on the ground laughing after GrantD asked me a question after I hit that shot.

The memories dude. Just made me realize how special this event is.

I agree completely. I did not even realize just how special it was until certain parts of the weekend. And then, while driving home, to learn that we were invited back to defend our title I just went numb.

So damn lucky to be apart of this and not something I dare even think of taking for granted.

I look forward to seeing what you and Morgan come up with. I know that with your focus on the event itself and not having to be concerned with playing, it will be even better than before - although that is hard to fathom.

I simply can't think of the proper way to say thank you to the both of you, no matter how many times I say it, it does not seem adequate.

JB they call you the "EFFIN WOW FACTOR" for a reason. I will miss your performance in the MC But I know your presence will be felt throughout the MC your the man

It really sucks that JB won't be in it again. My greatest memory from the weekend was my match with him, and I will never forget it. Not only because of how we all played, but also because it was amazing to see how great he played and he never once mentioned his back, which I'm sure was hurting him. That's true heart there.

Doesn't that seem to happen to me a lot? I'm not sure if I kept the language clean on that shot or not.

I appreciate the kind words guys, but never fear, I will not be missing a Morgan Cup. I will be there to alleviate the work that GG had to do and work as one of the other volunteers. This event was special everybody and I cannot thank you enough for making it that way for me.

Doesn't that seem to happen to me a lot? I'm not sure if I kept the language clean on that shot or not.

Lmao! You're a ball magnet, hell I about got you coming down 18 Saturday morning. Borrow Jakes helmet next time.

--
Tapatalk2

I appreciate the kind words guys, but never fear, I will not be missing a Morgan Cup. I will be there to alleviate the work that GG had to do and work as one of the other volunteers. This event was special everybody and I cannot thank you enough for making it that way for me.

It is strange to hear you thank us. You make dreams come true and as Cookie said a little earlier saying Thanks to you and GG never feels like enough.

It is strange to hear you thank us. You make dreams come true and as Cookie said a little earlier saying Thanks to you and GG never feels like enough.

Ditto to that

Ditto to that

When it came to the 2012 MC, its hard for some to believe, but I was no more than any other participant. GG is the reason it went as well as it did and while this might have been my idea, it was the execution that made it what it was. Last year I was a replacement and while it was a great time, the Morgan Cup evolved into something better in my opinion and something truly special. That is because of the people that were there. I can walk into the sunset with my head held high knowing that I was part of my dream.

Now I get to go back to work with said head held high and work on making it even better for 2013.

I would love to see you in the next one man but I understand what you are saying. I think you were fantastic this year throughout the process. Ups and downs, you were a constant presence driving it forward. I loved sharing this experience with you and it means a ton that it was your last. Not sure how many times a person can say this to another before it just loses meaning but Thank you for everything. My life is better just from knowing you. I will work harder than ever to make sure that 3.0 surpasses 2.0. Not sure how but I will try

Lmao! You're a ball magnet, hell I about got you coming down 18 Saturday morning. Borrow Jakes helmet next time.

--
Tapatalk2
I forgot about that one! Dang, that would have been the second time you hit me.

When it came to the 2012 MC, its hard for some to believe, but I was no more than any other participant. GG is the reason it went as well as it did and while this might have been my idea, it was the execution that made it what it was. Last year I was a replacement and while it was a great time, the Morgan Cup evolved into something better in my opinion and something truly special. That is because of the people that were there. I can walk into the sunset with my head held high knowing that I was part of my dream.

Now I get to go back to work with said head held high and work on making it even better for 2013.

Do you have a personal guy who writes these posts for you? I swear you always know the right thing to say... This site is so amazing because of the hard work put in by you and GG and MC 2.0 was a huge success, can't wait to see what you have in mind for next year.

Thanks for creating such a truly awesome place

Well JB, at least we both get to go out 0-fer. I guess being an ahole for me doesn't pay off in the MC. It'll be weird without you in it but I understand why you aren't. That girl of yours runs a tight ship bro, you prepared to work for her this year?

Well JB, at least we both get to go out 0-fer. I guess being an ahole for me doesn't pay off in the MC. It'll be weird without you in it but I understand why you aren't. That girl of yours runs a tight ship bro, you prepared to work for her this year?

yeah, not winning was not fun. We both sat there saying "Losing sucks", but in the end, we know we can hang our heads high and keep our chins up for doing the right thing. Just like the other guys in Myrtle with us. The Cup will be engraved, but in the end, the memories are what last forever and I have some with 23 other great men that will never go away.

This is for real. If JB says he will be back then i will commit. By back...i mean in it. He gets the event..he gives people hell prior but is the first to pick someone up the day of. He is one dude that needs to be in this for MANY reasons. So...i just said it. Jb commits and i will as well. Take that jb. Hehe

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

There is no need to be thanking us, we should be thanking you and your vision and GG and her incredible passion, without those things this event would have never been more than a "great idea". But the 2 of you took that great idea and made it come to life and allowed us to share in that dream with you! For those of us that walked the fairways of True Blue and Caledonia for those 3 glorious days, we will NEVER be able to thank you and Morgan enough.

This is for real. If JB says he will be back then i will commit. By back...i mean in it. He gets the event..he gives people hell prior but is the first to pick someone up the day of. He is one dude that needs to be in this for MANY reasons. So...i just said it. Jb commits and i will as well. Take that jb. Hehe

Same can be said about you bro, you are a very uplifting dude. Always there to support everyone around you last week, even when shots werent going the way your opponents wanted them, nothing but encouragement came from you.

Hey one-t, you know your team won right? You come back to defend.

I think both One-T and JB should be coming back. For the good of the event!

Now that's a gauntlet. Dude you have to be there though, 3peat!

--
Tapatalk2

Also very kind in a devious kind of way. I wish I could my friend, but I owe it to my better half to be there for her. I can assure you that I will be there throughout the whole process and that wont change, and lets face it, does anybody want to face me behind the camera when there are nerves? You think War & Frank & Others were rough? Or those announcements? Think back at my videos and think what you might have to answer to? I kid of course and I really do appreciate our only ever Two Time Two Time Two Time Morgan Cup Champion wanting me in this thing, but its your honor on the tee and one that you have earned for 2 straight years of being plain awesome.

Same can be said about you bro, you are a very uplifting dude. Always there to support everyone around you last week, even when shots werent going the way your opponents wanted them, nothing but encouragement came from you.
Thanks bro! Its just how i try to roll. U will always see the same out of my bro.
Hey one-t, you know your team won right? You come back to defend.

U shut it!

IMO, I say whatever is for the good of the event should be done. If JB feels better behind the camera to make things go smoother from day 1 of selection to the final putt dropping, so be it. Same with you too man. Your enthusiasm is evident is everything you do on the boards. You keep people loose and you encourage on good and bad shots. Wherever you feel the most comfortable is what you should do.

On another note, if a team hacker wins the new name contest and they picked JB as the person they want in...

Back