The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

Not likely that I play Thursday unless it's late afternoon due to flight schedules. I'll have plenty of time to get warmed up on Friday at the range anyway. Not to say I wouldn't play if it worked out, but I'm not stressing it.

It's just the way my flights worked out....it's $150 bucks cheaper to fly in on Wednesday and since it's only gonna cost me less than half that for room and meal for the night...DING...we have a winner!

That would be nice! No such luck here and I'm limited with the time I can take off, unfortunately.

But you can bring people to be in the gallery. arydolphin brings about 250 people, from what I hear.

I paid all of them off to join up with me. Saying that they were my family was just an elaborate ruse.

I'm seeing Scott Walker on The Golf Channel. He was at the first The Morgan Cup.

Kevin

He can also hit the ball a long way. He wasn't as long as the Belbs or JRod, but pretty close.

That would be nice! No such luck here and I'm limited with the time I can take off, unfortunately.

I'm a vacation hoarder, LOL.....I have just shy of the maximum allowed hours of vacation time they allow me to carry...which is 8 weeks worth....I have about 300 hours on the books right now, so I am taking the whole week before and the whole week after off....I will be golfed out by the end of it...LOL

Well, it's on the way. When we used to take our annual Myrtle Beach trip we'd always stop in Columbia and play on the way down. The name of the course is Oak Hills. It's a hidden gem.

Love that course, out of the way and the place is always in good shape.

--
tapatalk

Truthfully, I don't want to golf myself out by Sunday either.

True, playing 9 at both might be an option. The whole Friday "media day can suck the energy out you before you even get going. I saw some tired golfers that afternoon..

--
tapatalk

Yeah, I am figuring I will play the weekend before....take Monday off....hit the range Tuesday....Wednesday will be a travel day, then play both courses Thursday.....and then it's on.....and then you and I and whoever will play Monday...then I will take a few days to celebrate the victory :D and probably be ready to play again by the next weekend.

I'm going to bring you some bee pollen. You'll have plenty of golf energy....hehe

Haha is that legal?

Sent via Tapatalk

In all 52 states... :D

Not likely that I play Thursday unless it's late afternoon due to flight schedules. I'll have plenty of time to get warmed up on Friday at the range anyway. Not to say I wouldn't play if it worked out, but I'm not stressing it.
This is my schedule too. Hope to maybe get some range time on Thursday.

Yeah, I am figuring I will play the weekend before....take Monday off....hit the range Tuesday....Wednesday will be a travel day, then play both courses Thursday.....and then it's on.....and then you and I and whoever will play Monday...then I will take a few days to celebrate the victory :D and probably be ready to play again by the next weekend.
That's cool you are going to be taking time to celebrate Team THP's victory.

True, playing 9 at both might be an option. The whole Friday "media day can suck the energy out you before you even get going. I saw some tired golfers that afternoon..

--
tapatalk

yeah...the more i think about it, this may be more realistic.

Got plane tickets today for the wife and I. Having trouble finding a rental car in Myrtle Beach however.

Got plane tickets today for the wife and I. Having trouble finding a rental car in Myrtle Beach however.

Is it worth your while renting a car for 5 days ???

I'm gonna be getting a cab from MB airport down to True Blue any idea how much it would cost, its about a 30 min drive

Likely not but I thought I would reserve one just in case.

I wonder if the hotels in the area would have a shuttle or some kind of service that would be more cost effective?

So since I have a lot of family coming with me we decided we were going to try and all stay together. We just booked a 3 BR villa right off the 17th green of True Blue. Happy to have my family with me, but don't worry, I will be spending most of my time with the rest of the THPers. It will just be nice to relax with the family at the end of the night.

I'm gonna be getting a cab from MB airport down to True Blue any idea how much it would cost, its about a 30 min drive

There's enough people driving that you shouldn't have to worry about a cab.

--
tapatalk

Yeah dude, we'll get you to and from the airport. You don't need to worry about that. When we get closer to the date we'll get you a list of cell phone #'s.

That would be great but our flight doesn't arrive till 11.30pm so it will be after 12 by the time we will be out of arrivals. I dont think it would be fair to ask someone to hang around just for us

There's enough people driving that you shouldn't have to worry about a cab.

--
tapatalk

Back