The Movie Review Thread

Django Unchained was AMAZING! I wouldnt recommend bringing your 12 yr old kid to see it (lots of cussing) but it is a great movie. No matter what youre into, it was rock solid, funny as all hell, and great acting. Awesome.

Holy crap you guys, Looper was incredible.

Both on the short list.

I enjoyed The Hobbit but it didn't knock my socks off like Fellowship of the Ring did. It does set things up nicely though. Damn Smaug looks HUGE.

I saw it in high frame rate 3D and it's very different, but I liked it. It's like the movie screen is a window cut into the movie's real world, as opposed to you watching a screen. The detail is incredible. You can easily see the weave of fabrics and individual hairs in Gandalf's beard.
The high frame rate smoothed out the blur of fast moving 3D and I loved the extra detail. My wife who is prone to migraines still got one, but she said it was far easier to watch than normal 3D, even though she still ended up with the same result.

James Cameron is likely going to use it for the Avatar sequels and I for one am looking forward to more movies in this format.

Here's an article with one of the gurus from WETA Digitial discussing 48fps vs normal 3D and how the brain handles them differently, I found it very interesting:

http://www.48fpsmovies.com/tag/james-cameron/

Just got back from seeing The Hobbit and all I can say is WTF? The White Orc? Really? It was like a plot line out of WOW, and the Trolls exchanging recipes and arguing about how to season a dwarf? It was like watching Top Chef with really ugly contestants! And what the hell was up with a minor player like Radagest the Brown being turned into a major character with a bunny sleigh? A Bunny Sleigh? Seriously? Peter Jackson is going to do some serious time in Purgatory for hosing this book so thoroughly

Almost 3 hrs.could have been 2 but still was good.:good:

zero-dark-thirty-poster-300x450.jpg

Yeah the set up was good alot of intell. work behind the sences. The beginning with all the 911 calls took me back to that day..

Anyone seen Looper?

I dare someone to go see The Last Stand and tell me you didn't enjoy it. I went with 4 people who thought it would suck and they all thought it was one of the best action comedies they had ever seen. Arnold was great!

Just watched Silver Linings playbook last night. Better then I expected. I love Jennifer Lawerence(hottie) so I figured I'd give it a chance and she was not what I expected in the movie(very oscar worthy) I recommend it

I watched half of Looped last night, then fell asleep. The first half was awesome!

Just watched Silver Linings playbook last night. Better then I expected. I love Jennifer Lawerence(hottie) so I figured I'd give it a chance and she was not what I expected in the movie(very oscar worthy) I recommend it

My favorite movie of the last 2 years. It was great.

I am going to try and get the in-law family to watch Godfather tonight.

My favorite movie of the last 2 years. It was great.

It wasn't what I expected at all to be honest but totally worth the time. 5 stars.

I watched half of Looped last night, then fell asleep. The first half was awesome!

Dude, at least you got through the first half. We didn't even start it! We're suppose to watch it today at nap time.

Just got done watching Argo. Not a bad film. I of course didn't live during this time period so I can't connect but I still enjoyed the drama. Ben is a really good actor and director. I recommend it!

I'd give it an 9/10.

Just got done watching Argo. Not a bad film. I of course didn't live during this time period so I can't connect but I still enjoyed the drama. Ben is a really good actor and director. I recommend it!

I'd give it an 9/10.
Same here. I really liked it and im only 16..

every time i watch The Blind Side, i can't not cry a little bit. Such an amazing movie/story.

End of Watch.

Absolutely incredible movie. Jake gyllenhall is a great actor.

Just saw Side Effects it was very good lots of twist & turns. :good:

657481-side_effects_large.jpg

Back