The Never ending quest for putter perfection

I'd love to agree but the nature of a golfer is the equipment must be answer, not the swing. I haven't read this entire thread so I won't make any judgements, I can just say I went through a similar situation with drivers last year spending a ton of money before finally admitting to myself it was me, not the 10 drivers I bought that had issues.

JRod I go into this knowing it is me. I have a terrible stroke that I am working on. But once I lose confidence in a putter or a driver that is it. Just won't be able to gain that confidence back.

JRod I go into this knowing it is me. I have a terrible stroke that I am working on. But once I lose confidence in a putter or a driver that is it. Just won't be able to gain that confidence back.

Everyone deserves a second chance haha.
I've got a bunch of spare clubs lying around my Garage. Every putter that I lost confidence in, is now in my living in a very nice tour staff bag. Sort of like a retiremnet home for putters long forgotten. i've got a number of putters that I pick up and NOW think "boy why did I lose hope in you in the first place?"
As for for whether or not they made it Back into my bag....... that's another story. haha
Two of my rejects did make their way into my friend's bags.

Putters are IMO, such a first impressions thing (kind of like dating). You're gonna make up your mind about it in the first 5 minutes you hold it. @thainer, don't ever post $100,000 putters again. haha I liked it before I saw the price tag.

Putters are so fickle! I mean why won't the darn things just comply with our demand of getting the fricking ball into the hole at least 36 times or less per round. It should not be that hard. I bet if there was a tally on if putters or drivers were the club bought most by golfers the putter would win out. Well it should as we spend a heap more strokes with it than the driver. Heck spend $300 or more on the big stick and go for the bargain basement putter. Not saying the economy model or older "Big" name putters are not cool. I think we put more money into the big stick and let the flat stick come as they may.

Amen to that. Most of the shots you take are putts and it is one of the neglected parts of the game

I just can't figure out what I want. I'm tempted to just putt right handed so I can have a decent choice in putters.. I love heel shafted putters, but these putters are in limited supply for lefties. I LOVE the 8802 style head that Odyssey is doing with the black series. The only issue is that it doesn't have a sight line on on it. I had the opportunity to put with a right handed Pt82 (the Phil Mickelson model 8802) today at Golf Smith. HO LY COW! That is the best feeling, most soft putter I have ever tried. It is just sad and unfortunate that Odyssey feels the need to charge an outlandish price for a wonderful putter. It's also unfortunate that I absolutely suck with the Odyssey #9 style putter. I cannot get a good roll on it at ALL.. and it doesn't feel very well balanced to me.

Perhaps I'll end up with a Corza Ghost with the true roll insert. I just can't figure anything out..

I'm willing to spend the cash on Drivers because I want NASA level science behind launching a Golf Ball. With a Putter I prefer quirky cheap and have character.

The very reason I stick with thirty, forty year old Anser's. Hard to beat the original and who cares about the Cameron type of social status.

Back