The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke....Again. He plays Sundays like another Luke...hehe

Well the Colts don't look quite as aweful as last week, but they still look bad. I read a recent article that Peyton is doing everything he can to get back ASAP. While I am excited for him to come back, I hope that he ultimately decides to take the season off. Reason 1: Chances are by the time he comes back they will already be out of the playoff race. Reason 2: Coming off a surgery like that makes me nervous for him, and I don't want to see him get hit hard and get permanent damage before it is 100% healed. Reason 3, and most important reason: After watching the Stanford game yesterday, I really want the Colts to get Andrew Luck in the draft next year. He is already NFL-ready, but can you imagine how great he will be working under Manning for 2-3 years?! After this year the Colts would be successful again with Manning back, and then as soon as Manning retires they won't have to worry about having any bad seasons due to having a poor QB because they would have Luck. I don't know why, but I just really want the Colts to go ahead and get a good QB to work under him because otherwise we will be in this same situation in a few years when Manning retires, and then we would have to draft a QB and just wait for him to develop rather than being able to develop an already talented QB under one of the greatest of all time.

First of all, Luck is probably going to start from Day 1. Second of all, no way that your Colts are the worst team in the league this year. Have you actually seen what the Jags, Seahawks, and Broncos have looked like this year?

Redzone channel is awesome. When there isn't one game I want to watch its the ticket.

33-3 now. Sigh. They'll probably make the extra point too, so 34-3.

34-3 with 14:49 left, wowza.

Best is helping me out big time this week.. big TD reception for him right there.

First of all, Luck is probably going to start from Day 1. Second of all, no way that your Colts are the worst team in the league this year. Have you actually seen what the Jags, Seahawks, and Broncos have looked like this year?

Psh...Seahawks are going to win the Super Bowl...

Seahawks or Broncos won't draft another QB, they both have new QBs (Hasselbeck, and the Broncos just got Tebow last year), and the Jags should handle the Colts pretty easily when they play because of their running game so I am not worried about finishing with a worse record than the Jags unless Peyton decides to come back and get a few wins. Luck will start if a team who needs a QB gets him, but if the Colts are lucky enough to get him he will not start til Manning retires.

Another surprising result: Titans up 23-10 on the Ravens in the 4th quarter, even with Chris Johnson only having 36 yards on the ground. Matt Hasselbeck is over 300 yards passing, and the Ravens have 3 turnovers. Flacco's stats are awful today.

No way the Jags go QB in next years draft. Carroll will draft Barkley since he's such a homer. I like the sound of another Stanford grad in the Rockies. Could be because I'm a homer too.

At least the Chiefs Special Teams is decent. They brought that kickoff all the way out to their 10 yard line.

Seahawks or Broncos won't draft another QB, they both have new QBs, and the Jags should handle the Colts pretty easily when they play because of their running game. Luck will start if a team who needs a QB gets him, but if the Colts are lucky enough to get him he will not start til Manning retires.

Just like Carolina drafted a new QB 2 years ago in Clausen? That didn't keep them from drafting Newton this year. The same thing will happen with basically every team out there this year if they get the #1 pick, they will take Luck.

Seahawks or Broncos won't draft another QB, they both have new QBs (Hasselbeck, and the Broncos just got Tebow last year), and the Jags should handle the Colts pretty easily when they play because of their running game so I am not worried about finishing with a worse record than the Jags unless Peyton decides to come back and get a few wins. Luck will start if a team who needs a QB gets him, but if the Colts are lucky enough to get him he will not start til Manning retires.

I strongly disagree. That is what people said about Panthers after taking Claussen too.

And another fumble. It just keeps getting better and better. Lions ball on the KC 18.

Yes. Personal insight.

I trust your judgement. I'm going to start disliking him.

These darn Panthers won't go away, and the Packers don't seem to want to put them away.

Kevin

Luck is overrated. I still think Kellen Moore is the best NFL QB in the draft next year (I know I know I hate Boise State too)...Also wth are you taking about with the seahawks? Tavaris Jackson and Whitehurst are not going to be our QBs we are definitely going to draft one.

Luck is overrated. I still think Kellen Moore is the best NFL QB in the draft next year (I know I know I hate Boise State too)...Also wth are you taking about with the seahawks? Tavaris Jackson and Whitehurst are not going to be our QBs we are definitely going to draft one.

Im curious what you see that is overrated?

Arm strength
Defense reading
Quick reads
Hot route reads

What are you calling overrated?

List of inactives are out for the late games, gents. Time to reshuffle those lineups.

Ugh. Nick Collins going off on a stretcher board.

Kevin

Darren Sproles was a great pickup for the Saints. Glad Brees lobbied hard for him

My bad got my teams mixed up, Hasselbeck left the Seahawks...you are right, they need a QB too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back