The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wasn't comparing the merit of Romo to Favre in any way, just pointing out that people said the same things about Favre who happens to be one of the best to ever play the game.

I never thought you were comparing their merits. I was expanding on your thought. The reason why it was frustrating with Favre but acceptable was that he did win a lot of games with those crazy risky throws and plays. Romo seems to take those risks but fails and costs the Cowboys games. Which makes it less acceptable in Romo's case.

puttin4predictions is wise.....

I was pretty shocked to see them winning so convincingly for a while there. I still saw that ending coming from a mile away.

I think he knows this, he just can't help himself

He needs to learn that he can't win it by himself, but he can damn sure lose it by himself.

Are you sure man? I mean when is it 'enough is enough' with him for Dallas you know? this was the same rationale that the Eagles had with McFlabb until they cut him loose and they were just fine, if not better

Look. Romo is Romo. He's better then most of the QB's in the league but the best. And Dallas is better with Romo. Im getting tired of the stupid INT's and fumbles at costly times but the right now QB of the Cowboys is Romo. He's not in the bench. Fact is Dallas was terrbile before Romo. He keeps them in games and they're a better team with him. Until he moves on and they draft another QB he's our guy.

Are you sure man? I mean when is it 'enough is enough' with him for Dallas you know? this was the same rationale that the Eagles had with McFlabb until they cut him loose and they were just fine, if not better

Same can be said for the Packers with Rodgers and Favre. The difference between the Eagles and Packers compared to the Cowboys is that Jerry Jones has a histroy of making awful decisions. The Eagles had groomed Kolb and Vick to take over for McNabb so they were ready when they traded the McNabb. The Cowboys have 0 plan for a Romo-less team.

I think he is their best option of the three they have, that being said it would not kill me if they drafted or traded for someone to challenge Romo for the #1 spot.

That's of course after they get some help in the secondary!! :angry:

Same can be said for the Packers with Rodgers and Favre. The difference between the Eagles and Packers compared to the Cowboys is that Jerry Jones has a histroy of making awful decisions. The Eagles had groomed Kolb and Vick to take over for McNabb so they were ready when they traded the McNabb. The Cowboys have 0 plan for a Romo-less team.

Ok, Kolb, I will give you, but how did they Groom Vick?? Were they sending him workout advice in prison? :alien:

I agree with blu here. The Cowboys are what Romo makes them. They showed last year that without him they're a subpar team. With him they have a chance to win every game he starts. There's also a big chance Romo does something stupid. It is what it is. Until his contract is up were stuck with him. I'll still take the 7th or 8th best qb in the league over Kitna or McGee

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

Ok, Kolb, I will give you, but how did they Groom Vick?? Were they sending him workout advice in prison? :alien:

They "groomed" Vick by having him sign as a 3rd stringer and learn the system from McNabb and Kolb. Then in his second year they designed packages for him. When Kolb went down, Vick wasn't entirely green.

The score on the blocked punt is what cost Dallas the game. Romo certainly didn't help them late in the game but they should not have been in that situation in the
first place.

obviously he's the better of the 3 right now and you have to stick with him.....i'm more thinking after this year or in the future

I think he is their best option of the three they have, that being said it would not kill me if they drafted or traded for someone to challenge Romo for the #1 spot.

That's of course after they get some help in the secondary!! :angry:

I got MCNabbed! Man, he should just give it up. Should have started Grossman as my second QB!!

I think were stuck with Romo. But for all the praise on Dez he checked out of that game. How about the Revis int? If Dez tackles him or makes any effort at all to push him out that FG gets a lot more interesting.

Last edited:
I agree with blu here. The Cowboys are what Romo makes them. They showed last year that without him they're a subpar team. With him they have a chance to win every game he starts. There's also a big chance Romo does something stupid. It is what it is. Until his contract is up were stuck with him. I'll still take the 7th or 8th best qb in the league over Kitna or McGee

Their record with Romo was subpar as well in 2010 in the limited action.

Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Rapistberger
Rivers
Matt Ryan
Mike Vick

Then you get into guys like (young and huge upsides)
Freeman
Bradford
Stafford
Flacco
Newton

Im not saying where he belongs and still think he turns the corner this year, but no way would I rank him as the 7th or 8th best QB in the NFL. Stats wise he is as good as any, but that does not win games unfortunately.

I was listening to Colin Cowpie sticking up for Romo earlier. It sounds so familiar to a Packers fan. Apparently it was the blocked punt that cost them the game. Romo beat up on the Jets all day. Hehehehe. He also said Romo had a much better passer ESPN passer rating than Sanchez. That must be a good system. Think I'll ignore it.

Cowpie is also the guy that said Rodgers was overrated all last season.

Kevin

Their record with Romo was subpar as well in 2010 in the limited action.

Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Rapistberger
Rivers
Matt Ryan
Mike Vick

Then you get into guys like (young and huge upsides)
Freeman
Bradford
Stafford
Flacco
Newton

Im not saying where he belongs and still think he turns the corner this year, but no way would I rank him as the 7th or 8th best QB in the NFL. Stats wise he is as good as any, but that does not win games unfortunately.

And thats why they play the games. We can talk it up all we want but in the end the games have to be played and thats where we see the truth. And it wasnt good for Romo last night.

Cutler is way better than Romo.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Yeah...Romo's pouting face had nothing on his

you mean this guy? haha

Capture.PNG

Jay Cutler played great against the Falcons. I thought he looked real good yoccos. I also thought Romo looked good against the Jets. One pass, that was it. Poor guy.

Jay didnt quit, it was a real injury OEM...leave Tina alone!

My bad One-T. See that's what happens when you listen to all these insiders and know it alls. I was so misinformed. Cutler is awesome. I wish the Cowboys had him.

As bad as the Cowboy defense was playing last year it would not have mattered who was playing QB for them, John Elway would have struggled to be 6 and 10. Some people just don't like Romo, they are going to look for reasons to pick at him. I think he is good enough to take them to the SB if they get their defense fixed and the OL continues to develop. He does make dumb mistakes at times but all of them with few exceptions do that. Cowboys looked good considering their OL is barely old enough to shave and they were down to 4th and 5th string corners in the second half.

As bad as the Cowboy defense was playing last year it would not have mattered who was playing QB for them, John Elway would have struggled to be 6 and 10. Some people just don't like Romo, they are going to look for reasons to pick at him. I think he is good enough to take them to the SB if they get their defense fixed and the OL continues to develop. He does make dumb mistakes at times but all of them with few exceptions do that. Cowboys looked good considering their OL is barely old enough to shave and they were down to 4th and 5th string corners in the second half.

Romo good enough to take them to the Super Bowl? He isn't even good enough to catch a field goal snap in the playoffs. I will believe Romo is good enough to go to a Super Bowl when I see it.

I was surprised to see that Cutler didn't have any INTs

Romo good enough to take them to the Super Bowl? He isn't even good enough to catch a field goal snap in the playoffs. I will believe Romo is good enough to go to a Super Bowl when I see it.

Haha I was at that game! I totally thought he ran it into the endzone from where I was sitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back