The Official 2023 - 2024 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

I love Perry (when he's on the team im cheering for).
I wanted the Leafs to sign Perry. I'm pretty darn happy with Reaves, Bertuzzi and Domi though!

I wanted the Leafs to sign Perry. I'm pretty darn happy with Reaves, Bertuzzi and Domi though!
I have no clue what direction the Lightning are going. Way over the cap, and losing Maroon, Killorn and others is....not great?

I have no clue what direction the Lightning are going. Way over the cap, and losing Maroon, Killorn and others is....not great?
Yeah, some key pieces moving out for sure. Reminds me of two years ago when their entire 3rd line signed elsewhere.

The Bertuzzi and Domi signings are really nice. Excellent value.
Makes me wonder where they see Nylander now though. I hope they can get a deal done.

read somewhere that the Leafs are now 8m over the cap....

bye bye....Nylander? Marner???

If the Leafs add guys like Domi and Bertuzzi just to lose actual talent in guys like Nylander and Marner... Oooof hahahaha

Makes me wonder where they see Nylander now though. I hope they can get a deal done.
They need more playoff jam, man. It made me SO annoyed to see a guy like Nylander be one of their most relevant players offensively in the playoffs - but also makes me question what exactly guys like Tavares and Mathews do for the team.

If the Leafs add guys like Domi and Bertuzzi just to lose actual talent in guys like Nylander and Marner... Oooof hahahaha
they have to do something, Tavares has a NTC and they won't be getting rid of Matthews... what is the definition of insanity??? lol

they have to do something, Tavares has a NTC and they won't be getting rid of Matthews... what is the definition of insanity??? lol
it changes by one number every year lmao.

I believe the updated definition is 55 now?

I think Nylander wants 10m+
That's fine. I assume it'll be prorated to only the parts of the game he actually hustles in, so it works out to more like 2.5mil AAV which is great! 😄

That's fine. I assume it'll be prorated to only the parts of the game he actually hustles in, so it works out to more like 2.5mil AAV which is great! 😄
if they put his cheque in the corner, he'll never get paid.

Yep. Just over $8M.

They’re keeping Marner, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they move Nylander, unfortunately. I’ve also read that he’s asking for over $10M/yr and that’s too rich for Toronto.

They need more playoff jam, man. It made me SO annoyed to see a guy like Nylander be one of their most relevant players offensively in the playoffs - but also makes me question what exactly guys like Tavares and Mathews do for the team.
Adding Reaves, Bertuzzi and Domi will absolutely open up the ice for Tavares and Matthews.

Bertuzzi / Matthews / Marner is going to be one heck of a line.

Pretty big news. Signed a four year deal as well
IMG_8139.jpeg

Patrice Bergeron announces retirement.

Patrice Bergeron announces retirement.

This one hurts. It was a privilege to watch him as a player from start to finish. I still remember seeing his first NHL goal on TV and thinking "this kid can be a player". Got to watch him in person a lot when he played in Providence during the lockout. What a class act.

Tony DeA back to Carolina.

Toronto, article on TSN or SN today I scanned said possible buyouts for Murray and Brodie, with the latter in that analysis being problematic as he's been decent or better.

Oilers having a wee bit of drama
-McLeod unsigned, couple of comparable RFA signings are higher than what was expected, he's up for arb next week
-Bouchard unsigned but not going arb. Comparables around 4M, Byrum etc, on 2 yr deal. He could score 70-80 pts next year running our pp, his next contract, owie
-Lavoie signed his qualifying offer, $875NHL/$70AHL. They offered him way more AHL $ to take NHL league min, he declined. Not eligible for protected waivers this year, talk is he would be claimed if exposed. 6'4" RW who can shoot/score/skate and has grit. Expected to get TONS of ice pre-season. Talk around the team tho, is management is pissed he didn't take league min.

Bergeron retiring feels like the beginning of the end for me. He’s the first of the household names I watched growing to announce his retirement. What a career he’s had. My jaw always hit the floor when they’d release the injuries he was playing through during the playoffs

Back