The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a lovely evening at the Esox's. Man, I'm nervous about having a daughter.

That's my kind of dinner.

I took five teenage girl golfers for a practice round at the site of their Tuesday sectional golf tournament. It was about 38* when they teed off at 7:30. The old guy in the pro shop charged them $14 for 18 holes. I paid for the carts for which he charged $11. He gave me my cart for free because he said I was "coaching". How cool is that? It was a blast watching and helping these girls with course management.

Today is also homecoming for my daughter's high school. She went to the dance with five of her girlfriends. Before they went they had dinner at our house. They wanted burgers, fries, and mac "n" cheese. So I did that for them, and also did a chocolate fondue for their dessert. That also was a blast.

So we had a pretty good family day, too. Must be that time of the year.

Kevin

I am (hopefully) playing my practice round for my sectional tournament tomorrow with a friend of mine and his dad (a pretty good player, about 5 HCP). He should provide some insight as well as help with course management and psychology, as I hate the course.

Our homecoming was last friday, and we stood out in the football game in the pouring rain only to miss an XP with :23 left and lose to our rivals 20-19.....

also, boyfriends of girls I know can be quite jealous....just noticing.....

Anybody feel like playing some words with friends? Add me on FB and play me a game, I am bored.

DJ doesnt play golf with nerds.

yeah, I bet he would be fun to play some golf with.

Cash and a beamer and he is all over you. I have talked to him a couple of times on the text thing about golf. He gets pissed when the rest of the donks dont talk any golf.

lol Im just bantering and trying to be cool. I have no idea what you guys are talking about. haha

Sounds like a lovely evening at the Esox's. Man, I'm nervous about having a daughter.

Nah, it's the best. Though it bears noting that there were no boys involved in this homecoming. That may change my opinion. The round of golf was hilarious. It was about an hour drive and listening to these girls talk about school, jobs, golf, music, etc. was very entertaining. Girls will really belt out a song, too, if one comes on they like. They wouldn't let them play as a fivesome, so I buzzed between the two groups, asked them what their thoughts were on different shots, made sure they took a few notes, talked to them about the crowned greens and false fronts on some of the greens, advised them on which holes it might be advisable to just hit the center of the greens because of those things.

It was really fun. I think I could be a pretty good golf coach.

Kevin

Nah, it's the best. Though it bears noting that there were no boys involved in this homecoming. That may change my opinion. The round of golf was hilarious. It was about an hour drive and listening to these girls talk about school, jobs, golf, music, etc. was very entertaining. Girls will really belt out a song, too, if one comes on they like. They wouldn't let them play as a fivesome, so I buzzed between the two groups, asked them what their thoughts were on different shots, made sure they took a few notes, talked to them about the crowned greens and false fronts on some of the greens, advised them on which holes it might be advisable to just hit the center of the greens because of those things.

It was really fun. I think I could be a pretty good golf coach.

Kevin

I think you'd be a good coach too. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty stoked about the prospect of experiencing those sort of things as a daddy. It's just that I never really grew up around girls or with girls in the house. It's just going to be foreign.

I have coors light. I didnt pick it.

I like Coors light kmac. It's no High Life, but it's good.

Coors light is DJ approved.

I have no brothers but two sisters. They are 9 and 13 years older than me, though, so i was mostly a little kid when they were around the house. But they both had daughters so I saw that. But it's just parenting. It came natural to Mary and i think. You obviously are nuts about Foster. That's all it takes. To me, my life is all about Grace. I don't really care much about what I do. She comes first always. It's one of the reasons devoting myself to my own golf game this Summer in preparation for TMC was kind of difficult. Especially because she was struggling with her wrist rehab and golf game.

Kevin

It's super cold. The label says so.

I've pounded my share of Coors Light 30 packs in my day. It used to be dirt cheap when I was a poor dude in my mid 20s. Some days my roommate and I would tally our dough and realize it was a Coors Light kind of day. Usually after we drank about 100 Harps and Bass Ales the night before at the blues club down the street.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back