The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pregnancy hormones have kicked into over drive in the Tuna house hold.
This is certainly a unique experience

I know the feeling. We were watching TV the other day and commercial came on for tissues and my wife just started crying..haha

I know how you both feel...

Evidently on Sunday I was supposed to magically know that a craving for Hot Pockets would occur, and that we should have had some. :banghead:

It gets worse once you have a screaming infant in your house hold. I'd take a pregnant chick 100/100 times.

I know the feeling. We were watching TV the other day and commercial came on for tissues and my wife just started crying..haha

I know how you both feel...

Evidently on Sunday I was supposed to magically know that a craving for Hot Pockets would occur, and that we should have had some. :banghead:

So far the cravings have been limited to Slurpee's and chocolate. The first is close by and easily obtained and I've taken to stock piling those kids sized candy bars for the latter.
There isn't any crying so far but it's the swings of this is the best thing ever to wanting to smash something with a hammer and back again in the space of 5 minutes.

It gets worse once you have a screaming infant in your house hold. I'd take a pregnant chick 100/100 times.

Ya, I'm not doubting you at all.
We were having the conversation last night that we kinda wish kids were like Chia pets. Out them come, douse them with water over a month or so and poof they're 2 and a half/3 and start to function like a person. Oi...

You guys make Tmex never want to get married haha. TMex definitely takes your advice.

You can get married TMex, just don't have kids. And if you are not sure, just do what I do, and do not answer the phone on Father's Day under any circumstances.

It's the great mystery to me Tuna. No doubt that God is pretty awesome in what he's created, but for the life of me, I think he really messed up with human babies. Every other mammal out there has a baby and within minutes it's walking. Not human babies dude. They cry, they can't walk, they teeth, they take about 2 years to potty train, they cry some more, you can't give them anything to make them feel better.............all the while you still have to go to work and function. It's brutal dude. Absolutely brutal. It will stretch you to the brink of yourself.

It's the great mystery to me Tuna. No doubt that God is pretty awesome in what he's created, but for the life of me, I think he really messed up with human babies. Every other mammal out there has a baby and within minutes it's walking. Not human babies dude. They cry, they can't walk, they teeth, they take about 2 years to potty train, they cry some more, you can't give them anything to make them feel better.............all the while you still have to go to work and function. It's brutal dude. Absolutely brutal. It will stretch you to the brink of yourself.

I'm not so sure you should be excited about the teenage years either TC :D

I agree, you learn a lot about yourself when you have been running on 2 hours sleep a night for a year and still have to function during the day and take care of all your responsibilites. Crazy man, there is nothing like being a father, but those first 2 years are tough man.

Single moms to me are the most amazing people in the world cause I know as a twosome we were stretched to the edge.

And you get the first one through the worst of it, then for some crazy reason it sounds like a good idea to have another one and start over. Had to talk the wife down from the idea of a third one the other day.

I agree, you learn a lot about yourself when you have been running on 2 hours sleep a night for a year and still have to function during the day and take care of all your responsibilites. Crazy man, there is nothing like being a father, but those first 2 years are tough man.

Single moms to me are the most amazing people in the world cause I know as a twosome we were stretched to the edge.

My Dad raised me, my brother, and my sister from 10, 12, and 17 respectively, by himself. I honestly don't know how he did it.

At least I can punch my kid at that point, right? :beat-up:

It is just hard. The good far outweighs the bad, but I don't sugarcoat anything.

My Dad raised me, my brother, and my sister from 10, 12, and 17 respectively, by himself. I honestly don't know how he did it.
Thats crazy man, I'm not sure how he could do that. Plus you seem like you would have been a handful.

At least I can punch my kid at that point, right? :beat-up:

It is just hard. The good far outweighs the bad, but I don't sugarcoat anything.

True, punch em in the jajunum. You know, the place where they automatically vomit.

Thats crazy man, I'm not sure how he could do that. Plus you seem like you would have been a handful.

Hahaha...lucky for him, my brother and sister were "good" kids, and my bro kept me in line until he left for college. Those last couple years of High School were rough on my Dad. There are only so many times you can be brought home by the police before your Dad is going to lose it.

Just had my first real golf lesson. Wow, what a difference that made. Watch out consistent ball striker, here I come.

Just had my first real golf lesson. Wow, what a difference that made. Watch out consistent ball striker, here I come.

Who did you get it with?

Epic Tuna Coloneling.

Hahahah. This sums up our discussion perfectly.

At that point I'm less concered. Teenagers are dumb but I'm convinced they have to be to come out of it on the other side.

Very much agreed!

And you get the first one through the worst of it, then for some crazy reason it sounds like a good idea to have another one and start over. Had to talk the wife down from the idea of a third one the other day.

I'm not looking forward to that discussion. I wonder how soon after having the first it's going to pick up steam...

Very, very impressive.

I have one of each in the house, right now. Pregnant wife, 15 month old daughter (technically not an infant, but she still cries/screams a lot).

I'm so confused. Today on a LM at Golfsmith my fastest swing was 102. Not even a year ago at a Bridgestone Ball Fitting I clocked in at an average of 108 with some getting as high as 115. I don't feel like my swing slowed down.

John Partin at River Ridge just outside of Clayton. Guy was awesome.

That is a really nice golf course. Very close to my house too, but I do not know John. Glad to hear it went well. What has he got you working on?

That is a really nice golf course. Very close to my house too, but I do not know John. Glad to hear it went well. What has he got you working on?

Alignment every time I practice then picking a target, etc. when I'm on the course. Also was working on swinging more inside out and hands just slightly forward at address. Those 3 things combined were like night and day. He was absolutely excellent to work with, I'll be going back 5 more times. After that I'll probably buy another 6 lessons from him, he's that great. I'm really looking forward to working more with him, and that golf course is awesome. I love playing there.

Alignment every time I practice then picking a target, etc. when I'm on the course. Also was working on swinging more inside out and hands just slightly forward at address. Those 3 things combined were like night and day. He was absolutely excellent to work with, I'll be going back 5 more times. After that I'll probably buy another 6 lessons from him, he's that great. I'm really looking forward to working more with him, and that golf course is awesome. I love playing there.

Sweet dude. I get my lessons from Herman Williams at the Golf Academy in Garner. Keep me posted on your lessons. I love hearing about that stuff.

Awesome bro, I love hearing lessons making an impact and that you are going for more. I was a stubborn ahole and finally broke down and am taking 6 lessons.

For the dudes with kids and wives, I declare today as husband/father brew day. Drink some beers tonight, I just started.

Awesome bro, I love hearing lessons making an impact and that you are going for more. I was a stubborn ahole and finally broke down and am taking 6 lessons.

For the dudes with kids and wives, I declare today as husband/father brew day. Drink some beers tonight, I just started.

I'll second that motion. Me and the boy are going to go hit a few balls and I might just grill out with some cold ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back