The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked ticket prices for the masters cheapest was $1800.00 is this what they go for ??

It is when Woods is doing well.

I am thinking maybe next yr. so how do you get into the lottery or get a good deal on tickets not sure as never looked into it before??

$1200 in my bank account, which is enough for 1.5 yrs.. of car insurance. Hmm.. New car stereo..?

Lord have mercy... I'm guessing at your age that you don't drive a brand new car. (No offense) $800 a year for car insurance... I remember being young and paying ridiculous rates. It SUCKED!

Still, as War said, necessities first!

$1200 in my bank account, which is enough for 1.5 yrs.. of car insurance. Hmm.. New car stereo..?
Sounds to me like you are in a position where money is tight and doesn't come easy and as such it's very important that your priorities are sound. Luxuries should only come when necessities are paid off. There can be a few exceptions as life throws the punches at you but I can't stress this enough. Typically how someone handles a little money is a foreshadowing of how they will handle a lot of money in the future.
That said, which car stereo are you looking at?

Sounds to me like you are in a position where money is tight and doesn't come easy and as such it's very important that your priorities are sound. Luxuries should only come when necessities are paid off. There can be a few exceptions as life throws the punches at you but I can't stress this enough. Typically how someone handles a little money is a foreshadowing of how they will handle a lot of money in the future.
That said, which car stereo are you looking at?
I dont have bills to pay other than gas sometimes and car insurance. i never buy stuff (other than food sometimes)... Not sure. I got my dad a stereo for his truck for fathers day and it was like $120 after installation. My car will probably be harder to install an aftermarket in because it doesnt have an aftermarket stereo already.

I love how we give the sound adult advice to the younger guys on here. If I said I had $1200 in the bank and wondered if I should buy a new driver, I know what the consensus would be.:act-up:

Anyway, with what you've been going through lately Jack, if you can afford it I'd say go for it. A nice present for yourself might be just what you need right now. You're only young once.

If you have a source of income I'd agree with Kobey, life sucks and if spending a little money can make it better I do it, can't take it with you so you might as well enjoy it while you alive.

But if you don't have a source of income I'd save it, you never know what the future is going to bring and it's nice to have an emergency fund.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Well sounds like they have filled one of the two sales jobs I applied for, with recent developments in the shop I don't see me getting the job, which will be unfortunate. If I find out I didn't get the job because of those developments I'll turn my 2 weeks in. If It's because I'm simply not the best candidate then I will continue to work here and focus on being better.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Since the "thanks" button every time I get on I immediately check for new thanks. And when I get one I'm like
627773-success_baby.jpeg

Karokee can get weird, times a thousand wow.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Since the "thanks" button every time I get on I immediately check for new thanks. And when I get one I'm like

Don't forget to give thanks too! It's better to give than to receive.

Guess who just slept for 13.5 hrs... >>>THIS GUY<<<

My body was put through the ringer over the past week and has been beat on consistently for the past month. I really needed that!

I slept so much that I'm sleepy even after waking up. But at least my body and head doesn't hurt any more!

Guess who just slept for 13.5 hrs... >>>THIS GUY<<<

My body was put through the ringer over the past week and has been beat on consistently for the past month. I really needed that!

I slept so much that I'm sleepy even after waking up. But at least my body and head doesn't hurt any more!

That's called North Country Depression. Your body just wants to hibernate until May.

First day at work since the other days were weathered out. It was snowing, and freezing but I had a good time. Co-workers are awesome, and I like working on a golf course and being outside.

That's called North Country Depression. Your body just wants to hibernate until May.

It was obviously trying!!!

Random photo. Don't know why I took it. Oh yeah... BECAUSE I'VE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN FRIGGIN' SNOW IN APRIL BEFORE!!!!!
vusyquda.jpg

We are having snow for the last few days and it keeps coming. I was freakin playing golf this time last year. Kinda sucks.

I have to laugh, just got a text message from my 83 year old mother, lol. Said it was a test, she was good and just trying this texting thing, hahaha.

That's awesome duey.

That's awesome duey.

Thanks, she never ceases to amaze me. Still holds a couple days a week, just joined a new club that she thought was better bang for her buck, lol.

I have to laugh, just got a text message from my 83 year old mother, lol. Said it was a test, she was good and just trying this texting thing, hahaha.

Does she have a computer? My mom never wanted one. Never had a cell phone either!

My Dad is 50 and just learned how to text. He also finally figured out how to use The Google. But he still buys Anne Murray Greatest Hits cassettes off those late night infomercials.

Does she have a computer? My mom never wanted one. Never had a cell phone either!

She does and spends a lot of time on it emaing links back and forth to friends and family.

She also loves infomercials, my Christmas presents are always something kind of dumb, lol.

My Dad is 50 and just learned how to text. He also finally figured out how to use The Google. But he still buys Anne Murray Greatest Hits cassettes off those late night infomercials.

She does and spends a lot of time on it emaing links back and forth to friends and family.

She also loves infomercials, my Christmas presents are always something kind of dumb, lol.

The infomercials are something that has just started with my Dad in the last few years. I am always like, Dude, please stop buying this crap. A few years ago, I swear to God, he went on a Snuggy buying streak. Last year, it was pots and pans. When he got a laptop, it was those "Learn The PC" CD's that one guy was sending out. Luckily, I never end up with any of this stuff.

The infomercials are something that has just started with my Dad in the last few years. I am always like, Dude, please stop buying this crap. A few years ago, I swear to God, he went on a Snuggy buying streak. Last year, it was pots and pans. When he got a laptop, it was those "Learn The PC" CD's that one guy was sending out. Luckily, I never end up with any of this stuff.

The only one that's worked out for me so far was a vacuum that she gave me after getting herself a new one off the tv, lol. Sucker works well.

She's an incredible clean freak, drives me nuts when she visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back